Macross Frontier: Itsuwari No Utahime

shiroth

Is there an FAQ anywhere? No subs on the Blu-ray hybrid, right? Probably a duh since there wouldn't be any need for fansubs otherwise... unless some people just don't want to spend the money. Ami Ami has the hybrid BD for 3930 yen, which is MUCH better than the $80 from yes-asia, etc. Anyone order and see how much their shipping was? Still, even if it's $40 or so, with no subs and no BD-ROM yet to rip it for patching the .iso, it means I'm mostly paying for the PS3 demo then, though I would probably watch the animation and maybe read a text script on the side or something....

Yeah, because May'n's favorite snack is Taiyaki. :)

Well, yeah that too but I was going to say as the granddaughter of Mao Nome, she is half-Mayan (at least) and therefore a "Fish-Human" :-)

Speaking of wich did they change Ranka Lee's mobile from green (TV Series) to Orange (MF Movie 1) because of its similarity to the now very popular Android Mascot?

android-wallpaper5_1024x768.jpg

3664282348_f5255c0258_m.jpg

Just watched Macross Frontier Itsuwari No Utahime.

Its mostly new animation but by GOD the pacing is horrible. Even DYRL? wasn't this slow. It is basically goin through the same basic plot as the TV series but with little things changed here and there to speed up the story. Despite that it still feels slow and I felt they didn't manage to put sheryl and ranka on the same screen as much as they should for the "Triangler" effect. Sheryl goes flirting around Alto most of the time while Ranka does her odd jobs as an up and coming idol with barely enough time for Alto.

Don't know about you guys but I feel japanese movies in general (anime or live action) have pacing issues.

I finally got my copy from Kiririth. thanks Bee!!! I won the silent auction at MWCON. I figured I would bid $80. It would be the same as if I bought it, but the money goes to MWCon funds. Win win.

So what cell did you guys get in your copy? Where can I get a text script fan sub? So I can know what is going on?

Here is mine. Alto.

p1040424m.jpg

After having read your comment I decided to watch episode 20 again - I must say it's still a tearjerker. I'm not too convinced Michel will die in the next movie. I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems to me that scene in the movie, where Michel's valk is blown to bits and Klan goes looking for him, is the equivalent of what we saw in episode 20...just with a twist. Though I must say, that whole scene in the movie isn't much of a tearjerker - at least not like it still is in episode 20. I can't imagine them pulling off another scene like that in the next movie where he actually dies. I think the impact would be much less felt. Who knows though...maybe I'm dead wrong.

Actually, I could see them doing something like what Star Trek II did with Spock. Remember, at the time, it leaked out that Spock was going to die in the film. So what the film did was "kill" him in the simulator, put the audience at ease, and then REALLY kill him off later in the movie.

Still Michel's valk was totalled. I wonder how many laps that got him?

Just finished watching it. Not bad, had a bit of a chuckle at all the segways in the movie (it only took 50 years, and a near extinction event for the things to become popular), was a little bit put off by the fanservice, enjoyed the mecha action. Looking forward to the next movie.

HI all,

I didn't grow up with the Original Series, and therefore not that big a fan, even though DYRL I think is the better....

Haha, jus finished MacF Movie1, and as far as i'm concerned it blew away DYRL! I laughed, I cried, I prayed, I was on the edge of my seat for all the action sequences!!

In the what is your favorite series, I voted for Frontier, it is the first of the franchise to really make a connection for me to the characters... Already dreaming of Movie2! What's next? How will the story flush out? Will Alto actually make a choice this time? Rooting for Sheryl!

My fav. valk, Yf-19 now tied with the VF-25!! Hope there is more to do with the Yf-25 in the next movie!

Would also like to see more action with the VF-27!!

2 thumbs up, WAY up!!

Eric J.