Yamato......Give me a break!

wasabi-elephant

I agree, but come to think of it! This may not be the case in 10 years time. Now its the peak time for Macross fans. So buy and splurge while you can..bearing in the mind your budgets. ;)

Back to the topic, if i were you wasabi-elephant, i would be in a dilema too!

But if given budget contraints and i were to choose one only, that would the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. But coming to terms wth the demand of the toy market internationally, i would get the 1/48 VF-1J/Fps first then get the VF-1S Hikaru later. I feel that the VF-1J would be pretty much sold out once released cos its a hot item. There are still pretty much of stock of VF-1S Hikaru around in the local market both retailers and ebay.

To the design of the box. Ermm ...the front cover isnt really appealing nor attractive. I would have preferred the sky blue box with clouds as the back drop. well cant win them all. Nevetheless, this is a must get.

Cheers

Edited by recon

so has the mystery of the VF-1J FAST-Pack colors finally been solved?

It looks 'greenish' from the picture...and not the greyish that we saw in the earlier pics...or isit just lighting playing tricks?

can anyone verify the color of the Booster packs from the pic? is it the same as the FAST packs sold earlier?

think this issue is very impt to many as they are hoping the greyish FAST packs will look better on the Low-Viz...not much point getting another greenish-FAST pack..is there? dono? after all, as the true fans would argue, VF-1J was never shown in Super-mode in the series...

Ooohh :o ... i can't stop droolin'!!!

w-e, I'd get both if you can spare the coin. If not, get the -1J with FPs. :)

Okie guys,

Some new goodies for you!!!!

1/48 Transparent Fps, Ideal to display the Fps internals and mechanisms without opening the casings of the Fps. Looks cool too. Might pick up one set.

Hey Toonz , you still have savings for the 1/48 VF-1J Fps? :lol::p

Now will someone convince me not to get the 1/1 DYRL helmet. Its my whole month's pay!!! <_< ;)

Cheers

Pictures:

Edited by recon

Okie guys,

Some new goodies for you!!!!

1/48 Transparent Fps, Ideal to display the Fps internals and mechanisms without opening the casings of the Fps. Looks cool too. Might pick up one set.

Hey Toonz , you still have savings for the 1/48 VF-1J Fps? :lol::p

Cheers

Pictures:

hehehe....you know those $1 coins in the piggy bank? :D just top up a bit more.... :lol:

and what's with those transparent FP? :blink:

Back to the topic, if i were you wasabi-elephant, i would be in a dilema too!

But if given budget contraints and i were to choose one only, that would the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. But coming to terms wth the demand of the toy market internationally, i would get the 1/48 VF-1J/Fps first then get the VF-1S Hikaru later. I feel that the VF-1J would be pretty much sold out once released cos its a hot item. There are still pretty much of stock of VF-1S Hikaru around in the local market both retailers and ebay.

To the design of the box. Ermm ...the front cover isnt really appealing nor attractive. I would have preferred the sky blue box with clouds as the back drop. well cant win them all. Nevetheless, this is a must get.

Cheers

agree...agree... I think I'll wait for more pics & reviews before I declare bankruptcy.......

Like many others, I like the blue cloud background box more.

what's wrong with you people, if it came in a plain, brown box, it would still be a Yamato 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J with Fast packs. I understand saving money, that's a good reason to do most things, but not buying this BECAUSE the box isn't blue. :rolleyes: c'mon!

Nice. Damn... I still I'm gonna pass on the Hikaru 1J. My favorite 1/60 but just dont' think I need it in 1/48. The Hikaru 1S is awfully hard to resist...

HMMMMMMMMMMMM FastPack or no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so many decisions, so little mula for toys with the "other" stuff agh,,,made up the mind,,,,no fastpacks,,,,,cause the box is prettier ahem "BS" <_<

The things people will say to convince themselves to save money... ;):lol:;)

Yamato......Give me a break!

Let's change that to "Yamato...Give me a Valk!"

And, ta-daaa! Your wish is granted (in spades).

Just think. For the cost of one new 1/48 Valkyrie from Yamato every month, you could also have:

- a nice computer

- a used car or a new Kia

- a really nice cable/broadband set-up

- utilities

- car insurance for 2-3 vehicles

- membership in the "gold plated book of the month club"

- 6 or 7 new DVDs

- 8 or 9 new CDs

- two new PC/console games

- not counting concessions, you and a companion could have gone to the movies 8 times

- you and a companion could've gone out to eat (non fast food) about 4 times

- you could've had 6.5 lap dances

- paid off your finance charges on your increasingly high-balanced credit card

Macross Fan-Boydom: it's a sacrifice.

Edited by Draykov