Poster!

Wait... isnt that just the background from the official website? :huh:

The poster looks suitably epic too. I have good feelings about this. Now only if it would show on the big screen in Sydney. Le sigh....

Actually, Australia gets more anime on the big screen than pretty much any place other than Japan imo. Between the Reel Anime Showcase events, the Japan Film Festival, and events like this , theres a greater chance of Harlock popping up at a festival or limited screening than almost any other country outside of Japan.

• 1 month later...

Maaya Sakamoto again. How many animes does she play in recently? :lol:

I wonder if this Arcadia was designed by Miyatake-san or not. Have nothing to do with Studio Nue this time?

Oguri was Akio in Wangan Midnight. This is not his first experience as a VA. Hm. Sounds not bad.

Kiyoshi Kobayashi and Chikao Ohtsuka... Wow... These old men are great VAs... Kobayashi-san is the only one original VA of the main character of Lupin the 3rd, right? As Jigen.

Doh, beat me to it! Lol

Am not sold on the English cast but then again I'm not sold on the Japanese one yet either so whatever. Damn movie looks better and better with each subsequent trailer though.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the ending which was unfortunately spoiled for me recently by a friend who deals with Matsumoto fairly regularly. I thought he was pulling my leg until a friend who is working on the show confirmed it for me. Am curious to see how people react when it comes out.

DAMN can't wait. i love these CGI Anime movies. Appleseed, Vexille, ST:Invasion, and now this....love it.

Call me old fashioned, but I far prefer traditional cell anime, espcially for the characters.

Some mecha looks good in CG, such as the Frontier VFs, but generally give me cell animation any day.

Graham

Looks like its been password protected.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-10/cg-captain-harlock-remake-has-international-dub-plans

But hey, at least we now know that Squarenix is doing a Harlock figure.
http://gfmpresentation.co.uk/harlock/intro.html

EDIT: The script pretty much confirms what I'd heard about the ending...hmmmm.....

Edited by Tochiro

Call me old fashioned, but I far prefer traditional cell anime, espcially for the characters.

Some mecha looks good in CG, such as the Frontier VFs, but generally give me cell animation any day.

Graham

Oh I love the 2d stuf, but that has not hampered my enjoyment of these CGI ones .

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.toyark.com/2013/06/07/space-pirate-captain-harlock-and-yuki-hotaru-play-arts-kai-89275

Play arts kai updated their info on Harlock.

These scale and quality of figures aren't my bag, but it's not bad looking. Holding out for more info from Hot toys

Play-Arts-Kai-Captain-Harlock-2.jpg

Edited by Gakken85