Yamato 1/60 Regult w/ pilot

EXO

i dont see the problem if someone give us a cheaper version in all case the guilt is of yamato for their own stupid decision

The problem is that as I previously stated, Yamato knows who we are and visits our forum occasionally. I'm quite sure that if they came here and saw members openly advocating the outright theft of their IP, they would not appreciate it.

For several years MW has had the benefit of receiving tons of information (through Graham) about upcoming products. We have had the chance to review pre-production samples, and help create instruction manuals etc. Through this relationship, we have had a channel of open discourse with Yamato and the ability to report problems (such as the 1/60 v2 shoulder hinge problem) and get replacement parts through Graham. In short, we have a direct line of communication to them which is very, very rare.

A few years ago, due to a member here saying the wrong thing, this relationship was abruptly severed and it took Graham a while (a year or more IIRC) to re-establish it. I think it's important that we try and stay in good with Yamato.

Yes, the Regult is ridiculously overpriced, but do you honestly think that Yamato would respond better to criticism coming from a thread that pointed this out rationally, or one that openly advocated recasting their kit?

Make no bones about it folks, recasting is theft. If you want to talk about stealing Yamato's products, do it elsewhere.

I would like a bigger Regult. But for 500 bucks I think Id rather get some nice SOCs or maybe my white whale the HG Dendrobium

My Fav Regult for the price is still the revoltech one.

Seems nothing is going to beat that

That would be horrible if we lost our Yamato connection. I think people should be happy that Yamato is making a 1/60 Regult at all. Who knows, if it sells well maybe Yamato will release a more affordable toy version, like the upcoming 1/3000 SDF-1. Don't bash a company because they make something you can't afford or aren't willing to pay for.

That would be horrible if we lost our Yamato connection. I think people should be happy that Yamato is making a 1/60 Regult at all. Who knows, if it sells well maybe Yamato will release a more affordable toy version, like the upcoming 1/3000 SDF-1. Don't bash a company because they make something you can't afford or aren't willing to pay for.

I agree. I was only joking before, and I do not want anything to sever this relationship because of my terrible sense of humor.

i think maybe dont express myself right and we missed the point

all macross fans including me love yamato toys but the awful truth is that are expensive and with quality problems and we dont should have concerns about yamato if not the opposite yamato should worried because their own wrong decisions like take with the sdf 1 and now with the regult proves that have low interest in fans and make me feel that only care is the money and we provide that money so if they decide make only expensive toys that only a few person can buy.....so wich will be the solution for the macross fans that cant pay their prices?

I agree. I was only joking before, and I do not want anything to sever this relationship because of my terrible sense of humor.

Seriously. I was mostly j/k myself. I don't really see how they'd be effectively hurt by something they're not mass producing anyway, but the point is well taken. I don't have the equipment or experience to ever risk destroying a Regult and don't really have the budget to afford the kit anyway. I'ma apparently be a Toynami man for my Zent mecha. :ph34r:

i think maybe dont express myself right and we missed the point

all macross fans including me love yamato toys but the awful truth is that are expensive and with quality problems and we dont should have concerns about yamato if not the opposite yamato should worried because their own wrong decisions like take with the sdf 1 and now with the regult proves that have low interest in fans and make me feel that only care is the money and we provide that money so if they decide make only expensive toys that only a few person can buy.....so wich will be the solution for the macross fans that cant pay their prices?

If you can't pay to play, by all mean you shouldn't be in the game.

10 years ago the Takatoku/Bandai chunky/monkey were going hot like 1.5K for Super VF-1S....

What is the point for Yamato to make it cheaper with mass volume per cutting so that they can please your budget, but they end up with thousands of unsold stocks in hands and went out of business down the road or remove macross from their line? For your information, it's not about making expensive toys to a few collector, it's the fact of manufacturing cost and demand. Do you get it?

Sorry if this a little out of line, but what exactly is our Yamato connection? What they tell Graham a few months early about what they're gonna be releasing? I think we're entitled to our opinions and I definitely think Yamato needs to get its poo in order, they expect us to pay $100-300 per figure and be okay with the hit and miss of their quality control, that said, the 1/60 regult looks cool, but it is insanely overpriced. People saying be glad they even offer one? That's not really fair, it's along the lines of just because you can doesn't mean you should, it's a large unpainted model, you can get a perfect grade gundam fully detailed and painted for $150-200 so I don't understand the method to their madness with this kit.

Sorry if this a little out of line, but what exactly is our Yamato connection? What they tell Graham a few months early about what they're gonna be releasing? I think we're entitled to our opinions and I definitely think Yamato needs to get its poo in order, they expect us to pay $100-300 per figure and be okay with the hit and miss of their quality control, that said, the 1/60 regult looks cool, but it is insanely overpriced. People saying be glad they even offer one? That's not really fair, it's along the lines of just because you can doesn't mean you should, it's a large unpainted model, you can get a perfect grade gundam fully detailed and painted for $150-200 so I don't understand the method to their madness with this kit.

:D :D

I'm sorry, have you read the whole thread?

I agree with you about the Yamato connection being a moot point. Yamato is going to make what they make regardless of what Macrossworlders think because they are only there to service the Japanese market. They are only able to cater to Japan because of the circumstances of the license. It's a big "what if" for us to even consider the fact that would the regult be cheaper if they can solicit to the rest of the world. A debate that has it's own thread so we won't discuss it here.

The whole "compare it to this toy" argument is also getting old. I think you can read this thread from the beginning and I'm pretty sure it's been discussed for the umpteenth time. so if you're just bringing that up now, then do yourself a favor and read up.

The fairness thing is kinda funny to me though. At what point does it become unfair when something is too expensive? Because in that case... WTF Ferrari? Why are you guys being so unfair?

No, what does that matter, this is my opinion.

I guess it matters because it makes your opinion not matter.

I agree with you about the Yamato connection being a moot point. Yamato is going to make what they make regardless of what Macrossworlders think because they are only there to service the Japanese market. They are only able to cater to Japan because of the circumstances of the license. It's a big "what if" for us to even consider the fact that would the regult be cheaper if they can solicit to the rest of the world. A debate that has it's own thread so we won't discuss it here.

The whole "compare it to this toy" argument is also getting old. I think you can read this thread from the beginning and I'm pretty sure it's been discussed for the umpteenth time. so if you're just bringing that up now, then do yourself a favor and read up.

The fairness thing is kinda funny to me though. At what point does it become unfair when something is too expensive? Because in that case... WTF Ferrari? Why are you guys being so unfair?

:wacko:

I went ahead and read the rest of the thread, I didn't realize someone had already quoted me exactly with the whole PG gundam thing. I'm not really saying it's unfair that it costs so much, because regardless people will be buying these things, more then likely several at once, it's the fact they KNOW we will even if it is at this insane cost. I'd love to have one, we all would, I just think Yamato should try to cater more to the casual audience and not the hard-cores that have a surplus of spare cash to spend on a plastic model, that said IF I can find one at the opportune point in time I will get it, I guess I'm just a little pissed at getting jerked around on our major investments we're making to Yamato while getting big middle fingers back.

There's a lot of unearned entitlement that seems to go along with the discussions surrounding limited edition, non-mass produced items. The bottom line is companies go into business to turn a profit, if Yamato could make this exact item profitable it damn well stands to reason they'd make it happen.

As it stands some bean-counter (no offense to all you accountant types) decided there wasn't enough, or any profit to be had. That's it and that's all.

Said it years ago, but they are not out to get you or piss anyone off. Let it go and discuss the item on it's own merits, not whether or not you are owed the opportunity to purchase it at X dollars and cents.

The same goes for the other super limited, bend over, hard to get items produced by the Bandai and Takara-Tomy's of the world.

-b.

Okay, I'll try to get back on topic here. I'm wondering if this thing will come with decals (waterslide or adhesive) for things such as the Zentraedi emblem and the other various characters found on the Regult. Does anyone know if the 1/2000 SDF-1 Kit came with any decals?

im sorry Vi-RS but probably i spend more money that you in macross toys for the simple reason that here in mexico we have a lot of absurd taxes for import products besides the macross toys are very rare to find in local stores so many times if someone here want a macross toy if you have the lucky to found generaly the cost is 2 or 3 more than the original price so imagine that apply to the regult we are talking about that the local price would be about $800 dollars or more you think this is just so try to see from my point of view i have very clear that maybe macross toys not be as popular like other series but that is not reason or justification to overpriced the products so i tell you that my point not is for the money is the attitude of yamato

Edited by valhary

im sorry Vi-RS but probably i spend more money that you in macross toys for the simple reason that here in mexico we have a lot of absurd taxes for import products besides the macross toys are very rare to find in local stores so many times if someone here want a macross toy if you have the lucky to found generaly the cost is 2 or 3 more than the original price so imagine that apply to the regult we are talking about that the local price would be about $800 dollars or more you think this is just so try to see from my point of view i have very clear that maybe macross toys not be as popular like other series but that is not reason or justification to overpriced the products so i tell you that my point not is for the money is the attitude of yamato

So your point is that because you live in a region where Yamato can't legally distribute macross toys, and there are high import taxes, Their products are overpriced and it's their fault? :huh:

That is the most brilliant logic I've ever heard, give this man a cookie.

Okay, I'll try to get back on topic here. I'm wondering if this thing will come with decals (waterslide or adhesive) for things such as the Zentraedi emblem and the other various characters found on the Regult. Does anyone know if the 1/2000 SDF-1 Kit came with any decals?

Anybody?

wait a minute i not saying that the high prices of macross product in my country is yamatos fault

that i saying is if yamato are expensive toys at all i accepted but when they sets absurd overprices kick the balls a many macross fans that not necessarily live in the first world

that i want is that some people understand is if macross is not as popular like others series that not be a reason for overprice products because are many series less popular than macross and their products not are so expensive if the parameter was the popularity :huh:

wait a minute i not saying that the high prices of macross product in my country is yamatos fault

that i saying is if yamato are expensive toys at all i accepted but when they sets absurd overprices kick the balls a many macross fans that not necessarily live in the first world

that i want is that some people understand is if macross is not as popular like others series that not be a reason for overprice products because are many series less popular than macross and their products not are so expensive if the parameter was the popularity :huh:

Such as?

This is a nice take on the apples to oranges argument, btw. Now, instead of comparing it to gundam, or legos, or lobsters it's just a generic and nebulous "other".

Edited by eugimon

I would but that would cost $90 just to send over the border.

Making jokes of the less lucky, shame on you! :lol:

Hey valhary, Soy de México también y nunca he tenido problemas al importar mis Yammies, si quieres, te podría enseñar como importarlas sin ningún problema, por favor mándame un MP B))

(Hey valhary, I'm from Mexico too and I never had any problems when importing my Yammies, if you want, I could teach you how to import them without any problems, please send me a PM B)) )

Back to the topic: I would like to buy it, but first, I don´t have the the money and second, I don't have the patience and the skill for model building. :wacko:

I just want to ask for a favor for the people that is going to buy this beauty: Please take many photos of the final product builded and painted and share them with us, for our happiness and jealousy :p

Edited by Gardemog

Everytime i look at the regult 1/60 i want it bad, but my faith in knowin the Glaug is a real possibility has me grinning from ear to ear.

I'll drop 500, f yas, i'll get my glaug. The poses would be unreal!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Everytime i look at the regult 1/60 i want it bad, but my faith in knowin the Glaug is a real possibility has me grinning from ear to ear.

I'll drop 500, f yas, i'll get my glaug. The poses would be unreal!

I don't mean to be a downer, but we don't even know how posable the regult will be. That's another one of my doubts, will this final holy grail 1/60 regult we've been waiting for just be an oversized toynami battlepod, but with an opening canopy and decently detailed interior?

My main gripe bout this is the fact that this is a Yamato first release and I'd hate to pay 400 plus shipping for a flawed toy.

Many have said many times, and I will have to say it again that this is not a $400 toy.

Agreed. I am actually reading this thread for the first time in weeks and lo and behold, the posts read the same as they did back then, despite it being constantly at the top of the board.

This is actually one reason why I made the "Limited Exclusives" thread, so we can discuss the business practices of Yamato et al, instead of having it plaguing all these threads.

The Japanese otaku market is all about the girly doll figures now, there's no room for obscure enemy robot Sheldons from "Orson's Farm", so even though I do believe the price is prohibitive to say the least, I'm with the "hey, at least they're making it" camp. If they sell well enough they may make a cheaper version later down the line, like the SDF-1. You never know.

There is no "casual audience".

seconded.

Macross is a property that survives almost exclusively on the dollars of Devotees with considerable disposable income (or poor money management skills).

Edited by anime52k8

seconded.

Macross is a property that survives almost exclusively on the dollars of Devotees with considerable disposable income (or poor money management skills).

By casual I of course mean the people that buy the standard stuff, and not the overpriced exclusives, weathering editions, etc. So yea, I think there is, my opinion of course.

Nevermind...I guess...