Final Fantasy XIII

God no, I hate the Star Ocean battle system. I've never finished a game of that series because of it.

Aww, come on! I thought the star ocean combat system was pretty cool, and innovative. It incorporated aspects of both RPGs and Action RPGs into the game, and I really enjoyed that.

The combat system also kept the action going, with no pauses in between attacks.

idk, to each his own i guess

-Archer

Got the game over the weekend and played for a few hours already. I can see where some people might got bored at the beginning, little else then running a straight line, fighting, cut scene, running a straight line, fighting, cut scene, wash, rinse and repeat.

I think I made it out of cocoon already with the two parties, so lets see what happens next.

Graphics in game and cut scenes are amazing...couldn't expect less from Square.

The game is different and takes some time to get used to and enjoy but I love it, and it has been a blast so far. Unfortunately had to take a break to concentrate of other things but I hope to come back to it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished it finally. Would've done so sooner had circumstances been different. Still, since I finished the Sazh costume I'd been working on for Fanime, and knew I was near the end, I felt it was appropriate. Almost did make it through

the second form of Orphan the first time through. I literally bested him right as the stagger gauge came to an end

. Loved the ending as it tied up just about everything, though I slightly wish the last image hadn't been spoiled on 4chan.

All in all, I liked FFXIII quite a bit. Most of the characters do take a while to grow on you, and it takes a while to get the hang of the battle system, but I definitely enjoyed it. Out of the six FFs I've beaten (with 7 abstained for bias reasons), I'd probably place it around third. :ph34r:

Is there anything else left to do in this game? I finished the 62 Mark Missions (or is there more?). Everyone has 5 jobs maxed out at level 5 (debating even working on the last one). I can't believe the trapawhatzit is like 2mill gil. it's hard to make money in this game. luckily, i got it as a random rare drop from the adamantoise. i only have light's weapon transformed to the omega weapon so far. been killing more adamantoises trying to get another one to transform fang's weapon.

thanks, just finished 63. woohoo, less than a minute for the fight! gotta love death.

will try 64 later tonight, then think i will quit since all i seem to be doing is farming cp...

Edited by Chowser

• 2 years later...

Oh, that's a brilliant strategy. Cancel the one game your customers have been asking for for years. We'll definitely be lapping up whatever swill you've got in store for us in the future, especially games with endings we have to buy separately as a DLC.

Rock on, Squeenix! <_<

Surprisingly FFXI is still doing quite well despite almost pushing 1 decade of action. There is actually a new expansion with 2 new jobs coming out.

Sometimes I get the itch to re-activate my account, I seriously wasted nearly 3 years of my life on FFXI, and it was on my mind constantly. I got four jobs to 75 and was a Ranger and Ninja main (before they upped the level cap). Had fairly top-tier gear: Kirin's Osode, Byakko's Haidate, Othinus Bow, Soboro Sukehiro, and the reward ring and earring for finishing the two expansion pack story lines.