Godannar

RedWolf

Marathoned this Super Robot series two seasons.

Happy ending reunion ending for Go and Anna in the epilogue.

The only sad thing for me is that the "family" didn't totally reunite. Lou became a full fledged renegade for the loss of Ken and her father. If Ken had lived he would've been a craddle robber like Go. (Considering Lou was a loli at the time <_< )

Lou didn't manage to fully mend bridges with her new family. In a way Go and Anna were her new parents.

Lou did join them briefly for that Tripple Drive attack.

So what do you guys think about this series?

Marathoned this Super Robot series two seasons.

Happy ending reunion ending for Go and Anna in the epilogue.

The only sad thing for me is that the "family" didn't totally reunite. Lou became a full fledged renegade for the loss of Ken and her father. If Ken had lived he would've been a craddle robber like Go. (Considering Lou was a loli at the time <_< )

Lou didn't manage to fully mend bridges with her new family. In a way Go and Anna were her new parents.

Lou did join them briefly for that Tripple Drive attack.

So what do you guys think about this series?

Loved it. Awesome fights awesome music!

post-351-1266236039_thumb.jpg

post-351-1266236057_thumb.jpg

post-351-1266236105_thumb.jpg

I torrented it specifically because it's a blatant fan service anime, although I never got around to watching anything but the first episode. :p

one thing I never figured out is how do you pronounce the name of the show? is it go-dannar or god-annar?

Hated it when it first came out, still hate it now. Fails as a Super Robot anime, even more as a T&A fan service. It's hard to decide which is worse: this or Gravion.

There was never a wrong way to make a Super Robot anime, until Godannar and Gravion showed up. Even Yoshiyuki Tomino made at least three attempts to destroy the Super Robot genre (Zanbot-3, Daitarn-3 and Ideon), but he just made it more enjoyable in the long run. Godannar and Gravion just gave the genre a bad name.

Original Review

Edited by areaseven

Definately an awesome show, and I don't see how araeseven can say it fails as super robot anime, when it's so full of hot blooded action, the number one criteria for super robot anime. Of course I also liked Gravion, so there you go :) In fact, how can you hate any show that has Sho Hayami as a millionare playboy alien super genius? (Gravion).

Edited by Keith

Definately an awesome show, and I don't see how araeseven can say it fails as super robot anime, when it's so full of hot blooded action, the number one criteria for super robot anime. Of course I also liked Gravion, so there you go :) In fact, how can you hate any show that has Sho Hayami as a millionare playboy alien super genius? (Gravion).

It fails as a Super Robot anime because it brings nothing new to the table. The mecha designs are dull and lackluster, the fights are boring and the blatant recycling of Michiaki/Chuumei Watanabe's music from various other Super Robot titles just makes the experience less enjoyable. Not even the awesome theme song by Akira Kushida can save this farce.

And Sho Hayami was the only good thing going for Gravion.

It fails as a Super Robot anime because it brings nothing new to the table. The mecha designs are dull and lackluster, the fights are boring and the blatant recycling of Michiaki/Chuumei Watanabe's music from various other Super Robot titles just makes the experience less enjoyable. Not even the awesome theme song by Akira Kushida can save this farce.

Next thing you'll be telling me you hated the Mazinkaiser OVA!

On the contrary, I enjoyed watching Mazinkaiser. The action is well-paced, the mecha designs are phenomenal and the music is excellent. Yes, there's some T&A, but not enough to derail the show's awesomeness.

Excellent!

Eh. I still loved. Sure the T&A is outrageous, and the action did get old from time to time, but dammit, I still loved it.

I torrented it specifically because it's a blatant fan service anime, although I never got around to watching anything but the first episode. :p

one thing I never figured out is how do you pronounce the name of the show? is it go-dannar or god-annar?

God-annar.

I think it's by the same team that did GaoGaiGar.

Mecha designer Masahiro Yamane was the mechanical animation director of GaoGaiGar. He also did animation direction on Ninja Resurrection, The Big O and Code Geass.

Character designer Takahiro Kimura did GaoGaiGar, as well as Betterman and Dirty Pair Flash.

Director Yasuchika Nagaoka did Banner of the Stars I-III and New Cutey Honey.

Oh, and here's a cover version of the opening theme:

Animetal - "Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!"

I hated that. Really kiddified IMO, with silly looking mecha. Sorry, can't stand any mecha that has trains for Shoulders and a lion on the chest.

Graham

No trains, and no (non loli) kids, here, watch hte intro to get a taste of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXYj8Zna_Q

Edited by Keith