Would You Buy An Unpainted Yamato 1/48 VF-1 In Kit Form?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Would You Buy An Unpainted Yamato 1/48 VF-1 In Kit Form?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Buy An Unpainted Yamato 1/48 VF-1 In Kit Form?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Made, Should It Come With A/J/S Heads?

• Yes
    • No

If Yamato were to offer the 1/48 VF-1 in unpainted, kit form, much like their upcoming V2 1/60 VF-1 in kit form, would you buy it? The 1/48 was the base for many custom VF-1's during the last 8 years. At one point, there was demand for such a thing, but it never reached fruition. Considering that the lack of paint reduces cost, and labor is reduced for something made in kit form, the release might be cheaper(albeit not drastically) than the regular, painted, pre-made release.

Even now, some of the best customs known throughout the fandom, were made with the 1/48 VF-1. Thoughts?

Yamato's going to offer the 1/60 version 2.0 as a kit? I knew about the unpainted version - but it's going to be a kit that you put together yourself? Didn't know about this?

Guess it makes sense if you want to paint the parts accurately in line with whatever scheme you can think of....

Pete

Yamato's going to offer the 1/60 version 2.0 as a kit? I knew about the unpainted version - but it's going to be a kit that you put together yourself? Didn't know about this?

Guess it makes sense if you want to paint the parts accurately in line with whatever scheme you can think of....

Pete

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00185

ymt00185_4.jpg

Have one on pre-order ^_^

Agreed, 1/48 is no more. Let it rest.

Most of the valks are now in 1/60 scale. How many valks are in 1/48, aside from the Yammie one? The Hase YF-19 model kit, plus another [was it the YF-21?] - that's about it, from what I can recall.

For me, I rather have a consistent scale for my collection of valks.

Only if there were more valks made in 1/48 scale, and the proportions were retooled to resemble [or be better than] the 1/60 V.2, then I might consider getting one of these kits. :3

So, nope!

I don't think Yamato is gonna do 1/48 V2, if they do I still won't buy them. I am a scale person and I want all my collection in the same scale with destroids, fan racer, Q-Rau.... etc

same story here......I have one 1:48--a Roy--and that's all I'll ever have. 1:60 ver2 FTW. B))

While generally I would like things in the scale, 1/48 VF-1 is an exception to me because VF-1 are small by design.

I love to put my 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 VF-0S together.

It just doesn't have the "brotherhood" feeling for the 1/60 VF-1S and VF-0S.