Meeting with Yamato Jan 11, 2010

Graham

Graham, thank you so much for your effort to bring these issues up to Yamato. Hopefully we will get a better shoulder design soon.

Out of the six V.2 that I have, 1J Hikaru is the only one I have a stress mark. I am surprised that my 1D and VT both got knurled pins even though they are newer than my other V.2. How long will Yamato offer replacement hinges? If the stress mark will eventually crack, will I be able to request replacement hinge for hinge with stress mark?

I would love to have a VF-4 and a VF-0D, but I think a VF-17 is more likely be one of the new sculpts.

The rate of VF purchases this year has been very high so i haven't had the time to check them all out very well yet. Hell i still haven't transformed my VT-1 and VE-1 yet.

My VF-1S Max and VF-1D seems to have smooth pins though, atleast no jagged edges on the pins that i can see.

The VF-11 is the only toy im actually really "Playing" with and damn this thing is impossible to put down.

Edited by thankheaven

i thought about it further, and although vf-17 and vf-2SS are good candidates for this year, i think so is the vf-19, simply because the engineering will be much less than other valks, so even if alot of retooling is required, still, because they already made the yf-19, and it has very similar, if not same, transformation, then at least they save on engineering, and probably alot of people will buy it.

hah we are totally in for a treat this year then with hopefully the Fire Valkyrie and either the 2 or 4!

As for my funds this year it's all VF-11c and Max 22... with that being said v.2 should be all but ironed out before I need to get what's left (ve, 1d, 1j, tv-1s etc..).

Would also like a 0D, 0B like Shin mentioned but we SERIOUSLY need the REACTIVE!!!1! Zero license don't die.

I missed the other info prior to deletion but the accessory pack sounds sweet!

Hey Graham,

any chance Yamato can be convinced to start packing the side covers and neckpiece with every Valk from now on? The parts are so small, they wouldn't even take up much room in the box, or they could be packaged in a small baggie if they don't want to re-design the trays. I don't mind a reasonable increase in the price to have these parts already included. These parts are a no-brainer. Excluding them is like excluding the intake covers.

Hey Graham,

any chance Yamato can be convinced to start packing the side covers and neckpiece with every Valk from now on? The parts are so small, they wouldn't even take up much room in the box, or they could be packaged in a small baggie if they don't want to re-design the trays. I don't mind a reasonable increase in the price to have these parts already included. These parts are a no-brainer. Excluding them is like excluding the intake covers.

I had a huge beef with that for 1/48 lol and nothing happened.

Maybe its like the ole "multiple swappable heads in each release" request and they see it as bad for business? :D

I also wished for smaller versions of the oversized mechanical GBP hands be put in for all the 1/48. ...Nothing.

Not having side covers is like not having the gunpods in the first release of the 1/72 yf-21 imo. Just seems like part of the robot is missing to me..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

any chance Yamato can be convinced to start packing the side covers and neckpiece with every Valk from now o

Actually - here's why this makes sense:

EVERY VF Yamato sells is packaged with three useless pieces of plastic moulded into useless attachments to Valkyrie stands that almost nobody has or at the very least that have to be bought seperately - thereby meaning that out-of-the-box these pieces are useless for most people who don't buy their valks with valk stands that are discontinued and being re-released in March anyways.

soo...

Wouldn't it be a better business idea to take the money being used to produce those attachments to valkyrie stands that are packaged uselessly with Valkyrie and...you know...spend it on making side-covers - which are useful - for the valkyrie?

The parts to the stands can just be packaged with...well...the stands! :)

Pete