HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

This thread does come with it's two-sided blade in that sense. While it does attract the flame baiters (notice "flame baiters" and not people who can argue the point without alterior motive), this site also keeps it isolated. Poor lil Frank Woodford Jr. (dougie bendie) still lives in the dreamworld in that his "civil trolling" here shut the whole site down. Memo's more than cordial here, so he's more than welcome here. Anyways, I digress... This thread has multiple purposes, all of which isolate the Robotech stuff here as much as possible, and makes it much easier for the site to run smooth.

Because their denial is just so damned cute?

"Cute" definitely isn't a word I would use for it, though "obnoxious" certainly fits the bill. I admit there is a certain amount of entertainment value in watching them flail around like the frothy-mouthed fanatics they are while they try desperately to justify their love of Robotech and convince us the franchise isn't completely bereft of redeeming merits that can't be boiled down to either keeping their nostalgia blinders on 24/7, ignorance of what quality anime is like, or simply being too thick to realize Robotech is imitation-brand garbage and Harmony Gold is just playing them for suckers.

Those kind of fans never last around here. At most they're left stalking the site making it personal like what MEMO, LSC, and doug pretty much do. Like it matters anyway, in the end they will be in the same place they've been for about 4 years now; waiting for a franchise barely showing life which they pay with their wallets to go on. Plus, they're relying on people who aren't really that talented in the first place to keep it going. Hell of a situation to openly put yourself in.

Really, it's easy to see why the Robotech fans who come here don't usually last very long. About half of them are people like dougbendo, Maverick_LSC, and MEMO1DOMINION, who are just looking to troll and stir up some drama so they can pretend they actually matter. In the remaining half, you've got the Robotech fans who come here out of the misguided belief that our criticisms of Harmony Gold and Robotech are motivated by ignorance, and that they just need to enlighten us; the fans who honestly can't tell the difference and think Robotech is welcome here; the fans who think this is a hideaway for Robotech fans who've been banned from Robotech.com; and the fans who're vaguely curious about this Macross thing they've heard about and may or may not find something of interest to keep them here.

Maybe that's part of my disappointed with the RT kids that come here. If this thread is on their first set of stops, then they're here to cause trouble. Which earns them very low marks and makes me inclined to ban them right then and there. We have had and continue to have people come here just for this thread. They never even bothered to see that we have a Toys and Models sections, or even have threads about other things.

Well, it may be that some of them aren't coming here specifically looking for trouble, and are merely stumbling across this thread while looking for something familiar to talk about to ease their transition to a new community. They then get up in arms after they see that the "HG and Robotech Debates" thread isn't an open chat about Robotech, but rather vocal criticism of Robotech in varying degrees of harshness... some of which they might, in their Harmony Gold-induced ignorance, think is unwarranted or simply untrue. Which, of course, could potentially turn otherwise curious Robotech fans into the frothy-mouthed nutjobs we encounter on occasion.

Of course, that's all idle speculation on my part, since I can't recall anyone ever coming here and thinking that the HG and Robotech Debates thread was for something other than criticism and talk about the legal debate.

Poor lil Frank Woodford Jr. (dougie bendie) still lives in the dreamworld in that his "civil trolling" here shut the whole site down.

Well, dougbendo does live in a fantasy world... he's made that abundantly clear on his podcast, between threats of violence aimed at me, JT, Robelwell202, and his girlfriend... and the occasional threat that he'll pee on someone.

Memo's more than cordial here, so he's more than welcome here.

Honestly, I think you give MEMO far more credit than he deserves. An apeface who deliberately attempts to mislead people and tells malicious lies in a cordial manner is still a malicious liar and an apeface. Putting a turd in a chocolate box will not make it edible or do anything to diminish the stench.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Are we trying to break a record with the length of this thread?

Taksraven

With short responses, I'm sure we can accomodate that. Let's get it to like 500 pages.

Are we trying to break a record with the length of this thread?

Well, the record for previous incarnations of this thread is 67 pages, so we're making pretty good progress on that front, albeit unintentionally. :rolleyes:

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Honestly, I think you give MEMO far more credit than he deserves. An apeface who deliberately attempts to mislead people and tells malicious lies in a cordial manner is still a malicious liar and an apeface. Putting a turd in a chocolate box will not make it edible or do anything to diminish the stench.

Still cordial, though. Even with gross misinformation and bad knowledge base, he doesn't cause trouble here. That is, unless you count the people who get worked up over the backassward ideas over the licensing issue, and things like that. Politics aside, he hasn't come in here necessarily to flame bait the thread, but that's a thin line. Some may think differently.

Some may think differently.

"One person's Hero, is another person's Terrorist..."

While the term's may be a gross overstatement, it still applies to MEMO and those other two, i think.

The fanatic Robotech fans that listen and eat up what the Trio says, obviously then view this place as a hate-central for Robotech. Which is why they then come here to this thread... and the crap hits the fan ( :lol: )...

Maybe what needs to be done, is a counter-propaganda initiative...

I mean, there are those that post int his thread that seem to keep track of the complete BS that the Trio spouts; so why not begin inserting links here, and posting the TRUTH...or, corrections...that their spouting off as facts, and maybe the misinformed who come here will stop turning into the froffing-at-the-mouth fanatical Zealots we keep getting here...

...Just a thought i had while shooting zombies... ^_^

Still cordial, though. Even with gross misinformation and bad knowledge base, he doesn't cause trouble here. That is, unless you count the people who get worked up over the backassward ideas over the licensing issue, and things like that. Politics aside, he hasn't come in here necessarily to flame bait the thread, but that's a thin line. Some may think differently.

I'll second that. I don't agree with Memo on much of anything in regards to Robotech and Macross, but I haven't had any problems with him, either here or at RTX. Of course, I don't take much of what he says seriously and, in return, he doesn't take much of what I say seriously...so it's all just good clean fun.

Yes, some of his posts at RTX are definitely flame-bait, which is a little unseemly for an admin, but as long as no one gets angry about it, no banhammers get wielded.

But still...my feeling is, RTX is HIS site. He can do with it whatever he damn well pleases. If he wanted to ban me for liking Macross more, he could do it, and I'd have no cause for complaint.

Likewise, he's been entrusted with the power to do what he thinks is best at RT.com. If he wants to get in people's faces there, that's his prerogative. If I think he goes overboard there, that's my prerogative. But so what? I'm not a member there, I will never be a member there, so it's really not my problem. Let him do whatever he wants to do. It'll either drive people away, or it won't.

It's got nothing to do with us, except perhaps as a source of ridicule. :)

Edited by Gubaba

The Big Brother and chess game mentality still bothers me.

Yeah, but again, that's how he does things. You either accept it, or go elsewhere. Same as any other forum.

And SIGHUP would not be pleased by that. Shouldn't it be HIS site?

I believe Memo pays the bills...which (as we learned with the Macross Generation ruckus) is the true indicator of who has the power.

But definitely, I think there are a number of people who wouldn't be there (and a couple who wouldn't have been banned) if Memo got EVERYTHING his way.

Actually, if my understanding of the situation is right, it seems like a pretty good balance: Sighup knows all the computer stuff (and did a great job designing the site), so Memo can't very well get rid of him, but Memo pays for the site, which makes him pretty indispensable as well. They'll probably end up hating each other (if they don't already), but it makes for a pretty evenly-run site, despite a few hiccups here and there.

Still cordial, though. Even with gross misinformation and bad knowledge base, he doesn't cause trouble here.

Well now, that's a statement that depends entirely on your definition of "causing trouble", isn't it? One would think that his infrequent attempts to derail this thread by presenting the same ignorant, provably-wrong garbage over and over again in his usual illiterate manner is pretty much the textbook definition of trolling. He can't possibly expect us to take anything he says seriously, so what other explanation does that leave besides malicious intent? There's also his well-known habit of coming here to spy on this and other threads for "dissident behavior" so he can then target those people for bans if they're on sites where he has authority. His activities here aren't any less malicious than they are elsewhere, they're just less blatant.

Honestly, I don't think a cordial manner is any excuse for willfully and repeatedly spreading malicious misinformation, and cyber-stalking and trolling anyone who calls you out on it.

I'll second that. I don't agree with Memo on much of anything in regards to Robotech and Macross, but I haven't had any problems with him, either here or at RTX. Of course, I don't take much of what he says seriously and, in return, he doesn't take much of what I say seriously...so it's all just good clean fun.

You've never been in direct conflict with him over anything like that... you've been taking kind of a backhanded approach to needling him (and PTH), which he doesn't seem to fully comprehend. Of course, he's so carried away with delusions of his own cleverness for getting rid of most of the dissenting voices in his Orwellian Robotech fanboy world that he'd probably miss direct insults made right under his nose so long as they didn't call into question his credibility or authority.

The Big Brother and chess game mentality still bothers me. And SIGHUP would not be pleased by that. Shouldn't it be HIS site?

MEMO pays the bills, but SIGHUP is supposedly the one who does most of the actual work necessary to keep the site running. SIGHUP also doesn't seem to care, as he ignored pretty much every report of Bendo and PTH's harassment.

But definitely, I think there are a number of people who wouldn't be there (and a couple who wouldn't have been banned) if Memo got EVERYTHING his way.

MEMO gets most things his way there anyway, because SIGHUP doesn't seem to care. The only things that seemed to get SIGHUP moving were when the troublemakers went after him personally like PTH did, or when a good half-dozen of the site's most active members were barraging him with complaints.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Hi everybody!

I was just wondering because I've been watching Robotech recently and I need to get a few things straight that are bugging me. First of all - how long is the SDF-1? Because if you look at it, it doesn't look very long in some screen caps but in others it does look very long. Is it very long? Is it the longest ship that the Earth has ever seen or are there longer ones?

Second of all, where is the black hole that Rick ends up at? I have read online that he's at a black hole, but I've been watching Robotech and it's not there. Does it come in the last episode? (I still have to finish "Battle Cry of Honor" and then it's on to "Fighting Bait" and beyond).

Finally - I've read somewhere that there will be a live action movie starring Stan Lee. But that can't be right. I know Stan Lee did Spiderman, but isn't he like really old now? Who is he supposed to play? Rick?

Anyways, I'm really liking Robotech. It's so much fun - and what's best about it is that it takes tv to new heights. It's so mature and the story seems really well thought out.

Oh - and one final question: why do you guys seem to worship the Macross so much? I mean - to me it's a really wierd name. SDF-1 sounds better anyways. I mean, sometimes carrier ships get the names of Presidents. But there never was a President Macross, so it kind of sounds silly.

Why doesn't this website just call itself www.sdf1world.com ?

Just something I've been wondering about!

Pete

Oh - and one final question: why do you guys seem to worship the Macross so much?

Because we're bitter that Robotech has sold 1,000,000,000,000 DVDs worldwide, while Macross sold only nine. We think everything is better if it's in Japanese because it makes us look smart and interesting, when really, we're just pathetic losers. And we're jealous that Robotech has an awesome, epic storylines that spans three generations, unlike Macross, which is too short for TV. I mean, I heard they made some sequels to Macross, but I also heard they all suck, 'cause they're all about some guy in a robot that has a guitar or something.

Oh, and we also are into dirty things, like Galactic Nymphos and naked 12-year-old girls in space and stuff like that.

We're just elitist morons. Ignore us.

Because we're bitter that Robotech has sold 1,000,000,000,000 DVDs worldwide, while Macross sold only nine. We think everything is better if it's in Japanese because it makes us look smart and interesting, when really, we're just pathetic losers. And we're jealous that Robotech has an awesome, epic storylines that spans three generations, unlike Macross, which is too short for TV. I mean, I heard they made some sequels to Macross, but I also heard they all suck, 'cause they're all about some guy in a robot that has a guitar or something.

Oh, and we also are into dirty things, like Galactic Nymphos and naked 12-year-old girls in space and stuff like that.

We're just elitist morons. Ignore us.

Hm. As usual you epicly fail to get to the most important point. All of the stuff you write is interesting, but you have (deliberately?) ignored the most important part of my post! In fact, I think it's a disgrace that this thread is nearly 60 pages long and STILL none of you geniuses have figured out how long the SDF-1 is.

Pete

Hm. As usual you epicly fail to get to the most important point. All of the stuff you write is interesting, but you have (deliberately?) ignored the most important part of my post! In fact, I think it's a disgrace that this thread is nearly 60 pages long and STILL none of you geniuses have figured out how long the SDF-1 is.

Pete

Yeah, it's obsurd, isn't it?

We suck.

We suck.

Oh you bet that's right!

You and your McRoss...

What were you thinking following a show that isn't written, created, produced and blessed by Carl Macek?

edit:

damn... i forgot to use [capslockconniption/]. oh well...

Edited by UN_MARINE

Well - don't worry. I've made a graph and conjugulated some mathematical equators together to help you out. I can't show you the graph for now, but I'll happily give you the acquatics.

Here they go:

If you look at the word SDF-1 then you notice it is more than one word. S is for Super but super in latin also means "over" and D is for Dimmensional and we all know that this means it's not 2-D, and F is for Fortress which again if you look at the latin root is like "strong." Then you have the number "1" which certainly comes after zero but is before 2.

So - taking this knowledge we have let's extrapolate the equator:

what is over a dimmension that is strong and higher than zero but lower than two?

Or in the language of mathematics: [X < 3D > 0 < 2.0]

Given that the newtonic jewels of gravity are somewhere between zero and more than zero and the circumfrence of the inference from the vector of the center of the universe to the sun is also a number, then it becomes clear we need to solve for D before being able to solve for X.

So what is D? Well - Dimmensions are usually a bunch of boxes drawn together and portrayed in a vector - kind of like the opening to the original G1 Transformers show or what we saw in old atari games. But those were "2D" - now - if those were "2D" then to get 3D we know we need to add 1 (because to get three from 2 you need to add 1).

But what are we adding? Well - we're adding "one D"

And what is "D" ?

D is the third letter in the alphabet, which has 26 letters (or was it 27?)

Anyways -given that D is the third out of 26 (or 27?) letter then the mathematical definition of D is: 3/26 (assuming there aren't 27 letters in the alphabet).

So - if D = 3/26 then let's plug that into our equator:

[X < 3{3/26) > 0 < 2.0]

So now it's all very simple.

3/26 = 0.1153846 and so forth and so on. Let's just simplize it it down to 0.11

Now we multiply 0.11 by 3 to get "3D" - and this gives us: 0.34.

So:

[X < 0.34 > 0 < 2.0]

Now this is pretty simple -

X is smaller than 0.34, which in turn is bigger than zero, which in turn is smaller than 2.

So X lies between 0.34 and 2.

So how do we know exactly where it is?

Well we can average it out. What's the half way point between 0.34 and 2? Well 2 minus 0.34 is 1.66

Now what's half of that?

So there's the answer.

The SDF-1 is 0.83 long.

Pete

Of course! Thank you, Mr. Robotech Master, for making us laugh about love...again. understand the length of the SDF-1.

By the way...there's only a few hours left...so MAKE YOUR MACROSS PURIST NAZI TROLL VOICES HEARD:

http://sdf25tournament.blogspot.com/

I think that the SDF-25 Mecha Tournament shows us ONE key point about Robotech:

The POWER!! of a Mecha is decided by its' color.

Otherwise, why the flip would it matter to specify that a certain veritech is "blue" or "green" ? Or is it that beyond a different color, they also have slightly different capabilities?

In either event, somebody needs to send them a C&D.

Harmony Gold does at least have one good thing about it - it constantly SHUTS DOWN any attempts at Robotech fandom :lol:

Pete

If John McClane was the one using the Cyclone, I can see him taking down a VF-1. :lol:

Actually, if my understanding of the situation is right, it seems like a pretty good balance: Sighup knows all the computer stuff (and did a great job designing the site), so Memo can't very well get rid of him, but Memo pays for the site, which makes him pretty indispensable as well. They'll probably end up hating each other (if they don't already), but it makes for a pretty evenly-run site, despite a few hiccups here and there.

Yeah, those kind of relationships do suck. It's just like in The Office.

Edited by Einherjar

Well now, that's a statement that depends entirely on your definition of "causing trouble", isn't it? One would think that his infrequent attempts to derail this thread by presenting the same ignorant, provably-wrong garbage over and over again in his usual illiterate manner is pretty much the textbook definition of trolling. He can't possibly expect us to take anything he says seriously, so what other explanation does that leave besides malicious intent? There's also his well-known habit of coming here to spy on this and other threads for "dissident behavior" so he can then target those people for bans if they're on sites where he has authority. His activities here aren't any less malicious than they are elsewhere, they're just less blatant.

Thus, the reason I posted this:

That is, unless you count the people who get worked up over the backassward ideas over the licensing issue, and things like that. Politics aside, he hasn't come in here necessarily to flame bait the thread, but that's a thin line. Some may think differently.

I do see how it could be taken as just attempting to cause trouble. I guess the more directly involved, the more offense one would take. Background does play into it too. And that would help form the opinion. Overall, Memo hasn't resorted to lil Dougie's bitching, whining, and direct flame baiting, but I guess it's just a quick hop to get there.

Anyways, onto other news, did the length of the SDF-1 get resolved. The 0.83 is great, but in what measuring system? I know on my T.V., .83 seems to be in feet. On my ipod, it's in CM. Ah, heck, that about sums it up (like I really care).

Anyways, onto other news, did the length of the SDF-1 get resolved. The 0.83 is great, but in what measuring system? I know on my T.V., .83 seems to be in feet. On my ipod, it's in CM. Ah, heck, that about sums it up (like I really care).

NOT feet, NOT centimeters. Just 0.83. It's 0.83 long. Pete said so. :D

The SDF-1 is 0.83 long.

Owww... brain hurting...

Anyway, I still don't understand why Robotech fans have such a difficult time accepting that the 1,210m long SDF-1 could accommodate 86,000 people in reasonable conditions when they readily and unquestioningly accept numbers that make that look positively conservative by comparison:

SDF-1 Macross

Length: 1,210m

Capacity: 86,000

SDF-3 Pioneer (Post-Refit)

Length: 1,240m (counting fins) / approx. 1,200m (w/o fins)

Capacity: 120,000

SDF-4 Liberator (fmrly. Izumo)

Length: 1,305m

Capacity: 180,000

Ark Angel-class Colony Ship

Length: 2,140m (w/o antennae and fins)

Capacity: 750,000

On what grounds are they taking issue with the SDF-1 when willingly accept that there are ships that are only marginally larger that accommodate as many as 100,000 more people with no problems, or for that matter a ship barely twice the SDF-1's size that accommodates nearly nine times the number of people the SDF-1 can? Did they subcontract all of their shipbuilding out to the Time Lords?

I do see how it could be taken as just attempting to cause trouble. I guess the more directly involved, the more offense one would take. Background does play into it too. And that would help form the opinion. Overall, Memo hasn't resorted to lil Dougie's bitching, whining, and direct flame baiting, but I guess it's just a quick hop to get there.

Not directly, no... he's still supporting lil' dougie's bitching and openly endorsing dougie's behavior. <_<

Edited by Seto Kaiba

So I really like Michal Ling's artwork in the Malcontent Uprisings. So freaking sue me. It's the best of the Eternity Robotech comic storyline, in my opinion (especially issue #7; I loved the Breetai solo story).

Edited by Wanzerfan

The SDF-1 is 0.83 Macrosses... That's how big it is....

And the next time someone questions the size, just quote that..."It's 0.83 Macrosses, bitches!!!" Hahaha! That'll resolve the issue right away.

I'm sure HG already sent him a C&D letter for using the term "Malcontent Uprising". And don't use any girl names like Lindsay. That has a trademark too. You don't want Ms. Lohan to sue you as well.

NOT feet, NOT centimeters. Just 0.83. It's 0.83 long. Pete said so. :D

Exactly. It is seriously beyond me why anyone would have any furthering questons after my equator based on logical.

Owww... brain hurting...

Anyway, I still don't understand why Robotech fans have such a difficult time accepting that the 1,210m long SDF-1 could accommodate 86,000 people in reasonable conditions when they readily and unquestioningly accept numbers that make that look positively conservative by comparison:

SDF-1 Macross

Length: 1,210m

Capacity: 86,000

SDF-3 Pioneer (Post-Refit)

Length: 1,240m (counting fins) / approx. 1,200m (w/o fins)

Capacity: 120,000

SDF-4 Liberator (fmrly. Izumo)

Length: 1,305m

Capacity: 180,000

Ark Angel-class Colony Ship

Length: 2,140m (w/o antennae and fins)

Capacity: 750,000

On what grounds are they taking issue with the SDF-1 when willingly accept that there are ships that are only marginally larger that accommodate as many as 100,000 more people with no problems, or for that matter a ship barely twice the SDF-1's size that accommodates nearly nine times the number of people the SDF-1 can? Did they subcontract all of their shipbuilding out to the Time Lords?

Not directly, no... he's still supporting lil' dougie's bitching and openly endorsing dougie's behavior. <_<

SETO KAIBO WHY YOU CANT JUST GO AWAY? LOOK IN YOUR DUMB NUMBERS IS NOT ANY EQUATORS!! EXAMPLE - ANGLE-SLACC COLON SHIP IS YOU SAYING 2,140M....OK...

WHAT IS M!?!?

YOU SEE TROUBLE HERE - HOW CAN YOU USE CALCULATORING TO FIND M WITHOUT EQUATOR?! WHAT MEAN 2,140M? MEANS TIMES - LIKE MULTIPLY BUT WHAT IS ME?!

AL NUMBERS YOU ARE GIVING HAS THIS LETERS SOMETIMES B UT NOT POSSIBLE WITH 1 NOWN AND 1 NOT-NOWN TO MAKE NOWN THE NOT NOWN.

MAYBE LEAVE MATH TO PEOPE WHO HAE THE MASTERS DEGREE EH?

AND JASONC - YOUR QUESTION "0.83 WHAT? ' JUST SO TYPICAL FOR SHOWING MAV LSC POINT:

ROBOTECH MAKE TO PEOPLE WHO HAS AT LEAST MASTER DEGREE!! I SWEARING HOW IS YOU GUYS SUPOSED TO NOWING WHEN IT NEEDS I EXPLAINING ALL THE TIMES?!

LOOK - TO ANSWER QUESTION OF "WHAT 0,93" YOU NEEDS TO HAVE A NOTHER EQATOR.

SO:

.083 X [X] = ANSWER

BUT HerE havING HAS X BEING "WHAT" FROM JASONC. OK. SO - WE KNOWING THAT ANSWER HAVING 1 2 3 4...6 LETTERS SO 08.3 X [X] =6

NOW WE HAVING ONLY ONE UNNOWING ARIABLE X. SO

6/09.3 = X

NOW USING CALCUOATOR: 72

SO ANSWER JASONC IS:

0.83 SEVENTY TWOS!!

DUH!

PETE

Exactly. It is seriously beyond me why anyone would have any furthering questons after my equator based on logical.

SETO KAIBO WHY YOU CANT JUST GO AWAY? LOOK IN YOUR DUMB NUMBERS IS NOT ANY EQUATORS!! EXAMPLE - ANGLE-SLACC COLON SHIP IS YOU SAYING 2,140M....OK...

WHAT IS M!?!?

YOU SEE TROUBLE HERE - HOW CAN YOU USE CALCULATORING TO FIND M WITHOUT EQUATOR?! WHAT MEAN 2,140M? MEANS TIMES - LIKE MULTIPLY BUT WHAT IS ME?!

AL NUMBERS YOU ARE GIVING HAS THIS LETERS SOMETIMES B UT NOT POSSIBLE WITH 1 NOWN AND 1 NOT-NOWN TO MAKE NOWN THE NOT NOWN.

MAYBE LEAVE MATH TO PEOPE WHO HAE THE MASTERS DEGREE EH?

AND JASONC - YOUR QUESTION "0.83 WHAT? ' JUST SO TYPICAL FOR SHOWING MAV LSC POINT:

ROBOTECH MAKE TO PEOPLE WHO HAS AT LEAST MASTER DEGREE!! I SWEARING HOW IS YOU GUYS SUPOSED TO NOWING WHEN IT NEEDS I EXPLAINING ALL THE TIMES?!

LOOK - TO ANSWER QUESTION OF "WHAT 0,93" YOU NEEDS TO HAVE A NOTHER EQATOR.

SO:

.083 X [X] = ANSWER

BUT HerE havING HAS X BEING "WHAT" FROM JASONC. OK. SO - WE KNOWING THAT ANSWER HAVING 1 2 3 4...6 LETTERS SO 08.3 X [X] =6

NOW WE HAVING ONLY ONE UNNOWING ARIABLE X. SO

6/09.3 = X

NOW USING CALCUOATOR: 72

SO ANSWER JASONC IS:

0.83 SEVENTY TWOS!!

DUH!

PETE

What have you taken, and where can I get some? The world is a whole new place! :lol:

So, anyone find Rick Hunter yet?

Oh, and:

Which Expanded Universe Is Most Unnecessary?

HG pretty much defined what Robotech's expanded universe amounts to.

HG should make a Robotech version of Where's Waldo?, only instead of Wally/Waldo, you'll need to search for Rick Hunter.

So, anyone find Rick Hunter yet?

Oh, and:

Which Expanded Universe Is Most Unnecessary?

HG pretty much defined what Robotech's expanded universe amounts to.

HG doesn't believe in "expanded universe", as usually that consists of getting their lawyers involved. If it ain't HG's, it ain't Robotech, pure and simple. Funny though, that as much as they de-canon and dissolve the novels and Sentinels and all that, they used most of it in the new canon. Usually you do something completely new and better, not regurgitate the old stuff.

Funny though, that as much as they de-canon and dissolve the novels and Sentinels and all that, they used most of it in the new canon. Usually you do something completely new and better, not regurgitate the old stuff.

Yeah, but we are talking about HG here...

Taksraven