Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

Given the NATO/JASDF weapon load outs shown in the Variable Fighter Master File, I'd like to see:

8 x AIM-9X Sidewinder, each removable from their 4 paired pylons

4 x AIM120D AMRAAM, each removable from their 4 individual pylon

12 x Mk82 Snakeye, each removable from their 4, triple mount pylons

4 x ASM-2 Type-93 air-to-ship missiles, each removable from their individual pylon

4 x GBU-10C Paveway II, each removable from it's own pylon with folding winglets.

6 x GBU-12 Paveway II, (shown on model and description but not shown in schematic diagram), with 2 triple mount pylons

ASM-1, AIM-9M, and AAM-3 also in the book are anachronistic, inferior to the above IMO, though I wouldn't mind if they also appeared in the set. Particularly for the ASM and AIM-9, appear too similar for the detail in a 1/60 version to be appreciated. Not really interested in tanks when we gots OTM fusion engines. :D

I'm thinking the next possible toys from Yamato could be (non-transforming) UN Spacy F-14X (and maybe Anti-UN MiG-29?). They could re-use some of these same missiles (can't recall if Shin's F-14 had Phoenix missiles or not?)

Double Post.

That could perhaps let Yamato get into a whole realistic 1/60 aircraft skill. I would hope to see F-22, YF-23, F-16 , F-18, etc as well as various JASDF (F-2, F-15J, etc). Would make ground crews all the more likely, certainly.

Edited by Uxi

• 2 months later...
I'm thinking the next possible toys from Yamato could be (non-transforming) UN Spacy F-14X (and maybe Anti-UN MiG-29?). They could re-use some of these same missiles (can't recall if Shin's F-14 had Phoenix missiles or not?)

I don't recall seeing any AIM-54 fins on his jet, but he fired winders and AMRAAMs for sure.

EDIT: Yea his load was 6 AMRAAMS and 2 Winders. If Yamato made the F-14s I'll probably get two, :D

Edited by raptormesh

• 1 year later...

I'm actually glad this thread got brought back up. I was going to do a full array of real world ordinance for my VF-1 series if these weren't made. I've only done the wing mounted jamming weapons, but in going through the master file books, the ordinance in those look great with the VF-1 series. If they don't plan to do anything with those, I'll probably make my own. I'd also still like to see crew and standard pilot sets, as well as the booster for launching these into space.

I'm bringing this up from dead. Is Yamato done with V2 VF-1? Any particular repaint or detailed parts that we will be seeing from Yamato, Graham?

Well, the "detail-up" thing was probably just realized with the photo-etched add-on parts Yamato released recently, so there's your new VF-1.

I don't see anything else coming except perhaps more sporadic reissues.

Speaking of parts, has EXO posted an update on how things are going with his custom parts? Not sure if I should have received something by now.

I know he had some serious issues with the vendor with the rubber awhile back, and was going to do some other route. I'm sure they're being worked on, as I know he's been working on them for awhile now. He's always good on getting stuff out, and if there's been issues, he's on top of it. I know he's not gonna take your money and run.