HLJ selling Yamato weathering exclusives!!!!!

rick dieck

Their reply to my email:

The pilot helmet photos had just been corrected.

We will make a special announcement on our site soon regarding Yamato online shop exclusives.

We are working to get other Yamato online shop exclusives available for order on our site. Please watch our site regularly for updates.

Hello,

I recently purchased the (2) 1/60 Yamato weathered valkyries (VF-1S Max & VF-1J Hikaru) on eBay. I found a pretty good price, and both come with the armor set, but it would be better if the armor was also weathered. Perhaps HLJ will carry them later, but either way the price should be about the same.

I agree with a lot of the comments from "do not disturb" and find most of them to be pretty damn funny. Although he does seem to intimately familiar with homosexual terminology and the side-effects of anal sex. Hopefully it's not from personal experience. Ha, ha (just joking my friend) :lol:

The following is off topic:

I have no idea where Yamato produces their valkyries, but the selling price seems to be way too high. We could start a thread on production costs/materials/labor, but I think there is a very large profit margin. The price seems to be directly correlated to how much we're willing to pay, since people keep lining up and paying whatever is asked. I'm not sure what we as consumers can possible due to complain and lower prices to a reasonable level. <_<

Yes, it is possible to stop collecting. "Do not disturb" and I are proof of that. Before, I would buy every single Macross/Robotech item released. I had the complete 1/72 Hasegawa collection, even the rare event ones, and one autographed by Kawamori. I also had a lot of rare resin kits, plus a custom built Club-M 1/48 Ultimate Valkyrie with working lights and matching hanger diorama with figures/etc. My collection included at least (20) custom 1/55 Bandai valkyries with full armor made by Jung/Mslz22/etc that cost $250 to $400 each. Not to mention Gundam FIX figures/PG/MG/G-System, Transformers, Zoids, etc.

I went to work in Iraq as a contractor making good money. I lost contact with MW, eBay and HLJ so the collecting "bug" died due to a lack of fuel to feed the fire. When I got home I took everything out of storage and sold it on eBay over a period of time. I made a profit for the most part. I stopped buying collectibles for about (4) years or so. I did this by staying away from websites that would entice me to start collecting again. It's like a drug, you've got to restrict yourself from the temptation, or be strong like "do not disturb". He is able to look at all the pictures without feeling the compulsion to buy something even though he is financially able to do so.

I recently started collecting again, and will do so in a limited and focused manner. For example, the Bandai VF100's are reasonably priced and are supposed to cover the entire Macross valkyrie series. Just some advice from a long time member (8 years as of September 2009). Sorry for being verbose.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

I wouldn't be so quick to assume HLJ is selling these now to liquidate web exclusives Yamato can't sell off although that's definitely possible. I'm sure HLJ has received emails on many occasions inquiring if they would carry some of these items and maybe they have finally come to some sort of agreement that will assist those of us without JPN addresses in obtaining some of these items. I will not be buying any of the currently available items (other than the unpainted 1S) but I'm thankful to have the opportunity without having to jump through a lot of hoops.

I recently started collecting again, and will do so in a limited and focused manner. For example, the Bandai VF100's are reasonably priced and are supposed to cover the entire Macross valkyrie series. Just some advice from a long time member (8 years as of September 2009).

I remember you. You had a whole heap of awesome customs. You hada weathered VF-1S in your avatar.

Anyway, just wanted to say not to get your hopes up for the VF100s line. I think it's already in its death throes. Possibly it's beeing succeeded by the Hi-Metal line.

Hi Chris,

How much did you pay for your Max? and where did u get it from?

Hello,

I recently purchased the (2) 1/60 Yamato weathered valkyries (VF-1S Max & VF-1J Hikaru) on eBay. I found a pretty good price, and both come with the armor set, but it would be better if the armor was also weathered. Perhaps HLJ will carry them later, but either way the price should be about the same.

I agree with a lot of the comments from "do not disturb" and find most of them to be pretty damn funny. Although he does seem to intimately familiar with homosexual terminology and the side-effects of anal sex. Hopefully it's not from personal experience. Ha, ha (just joking my friend) :lol:

The following is off topic:

I have no idea where Yamato produces their valkyries, but the selling price seems to be way too high. We could start a thread on production costs/materials/labor, but I think there is a very large profit margin. The price seems to be directly correlated to how much we're willing to pay, since people keep lining up and paying whatever is asked. I'm not sure what we as consumers can possible due to complain and lower prices to a reasonable level. <_<

Yes, it is possible to stop collecting. "Do not disturb" and I are proof of that. Before, I would buy every single Macross/Robotech item released. I had the complete 1/72 Hasegawa collection, even the rare event ones, and one autographed by Kawamori. I also had a lot of rare resin kits, plus a custom built Club-M 1/48 Ultimate Valkyrie with working lights and matching hanger diorama with figures/etc. My collection included at least (20) custom 1/55 Bandai valkyries with full armor made by Jung/Mslz22/etc that cost $250 to $400 each. Not to mention Gundam FIX figures/PG/MG/G-System, Transformers, Zoids, etc.

I went to work in Iraq as a contractor making good money. I lost contact with MW, eBay and HLJ so the collecting "bug" died due to a lack of fuel to feed the fire. When I got home I took everything out of storage and sold it on eBay over a period of time. I made a profit for the most part. I stopped buying collectibles for about (4) years or so. I did this by staying away from websites that would entice me to start collecting again. It's like a drug, you've got to restrict yourself from the temptation, or be strong like "do not disturb". He is able to look at all the pictures without feeling the compulsion to buy something even though he is financially able to do so.

I recently started collecting again, and will do so in a limited and focused manner. For example, the Bandai VF100's are reasonably priced and are supposed to cover the entire Macross valkyrie series. Just some advice from a long time member (8 years as of September 2009). Sorry for being verbose.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

What in the name of God is this?????????????' :wacko::blink::angry: i paid so much more for my exclusives

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00081

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00109

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00121

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00122

At least we could have the 1:60 weathering Phalanx :rolleyes:^_^ for a reasonable price

rick, you are evil. I went to place my preorder for the Destroids last night, I need to stop suscribing MW.

Hi Tober,

Thank God someone remembers me. ^_^ I haven't really posted for a long time, just started visiting again September of this year. I hope you're doing well amigo. Yeah, I miss that avatar. Jung built VF-1S Focker, Hikaru and Max custom valkyries for me with Takatoys extended nosecone with clear canopy and pilot, plus decals from Anasazi, removed swing bar, and resin strike armor. Those babies were sweet, but pricey at $400 each. I've been too lazy/busy to update my avatar. :lol:

You might be right about the VF100's line, but I'm still holding out hope. At this time no future releases have been announced besides the hi-metal you mentioned. There are (2) new 1/60 releases, but what about the 1/72 line?

Dashgtr,

I paid close to $200 for my VF-1S Max to include Super/Strike armor from an eBay seller. It was the lowest auction price I found, and the only one that included the armor as well. I personally like weathering, and I don't plan to buy any other 1/60 VF-1 valkyries. So I didn't mind spending more for something special.

It's funny, but HLJ has (2) identical VF-1S Focker valkyries with armor listed for sale. One is a re-stock and costs 12,800 yen, and the other is an early bird special which is 12,160 yen. Duh, which one are you gonna buy? :rolleyes: That translates to about $130, so I paid more than $70 extra for the weathered version. How limited is the VF-1S Max, and will HLJ eventually carry it for a lower price as they are doing with the other weathered versions? Only time will tell if I paid too much or not.

Thanks,

Christopher B))

Hi Tober,

Thank God someone remembers me. ^_^ I haven't really posted for a long time, just started visiting again September of this year. I hope you're doing well amigo. Yeah, I miss that avatar. Jung built VF-1S Focker, Hikaru and Max custom valkyries for me with Takatoys extended nosecone with clear canopy and pilot, plus decals from Anasazi, removed swing bar, and resin strike armor. Those babies were sweet, but pricey at $400 each. I've been too lazy/busy to update my avatar. :lol:

You might be right about the VF100's line, but I'm still holding out hope. At this time no future releases have been announced besides the hi-metal you mentioned. There are (2) new 1/60 releases, but what about the 1/72 line?

Dashgtr,

I paid close to $200 for my VF-1S Max to include Super/Strike armor from an eBay seller. It was the lowest auction price I found, and the only one that included the armor as well. I personally like weathering, and I don't plan to buy any other 1/60 VF-1 valkyries. So I didn't mind spending more for something special.

It's funny, but HLJ has (2) identical VF-1S Focker valkyries with armor listed for sale. One is a re-stock and costs 12,800 yen, and the other is an early bird special which is 12,160 yen. Duh, which one are you gonna buy? :rolleyes: That translates to about $130, so I paid more than $70 extra for the weathered version. How limited is the VF-1S Max, and will HLJ eventually carry it for a lower price as they are doing with the other weathered versions? Only time will tell if I paid too much or not.

Thanks,

Christopher B))

Hi Chris,

Thats a good buy man. Any more? I'm only short of the max for the weathering VFs. Wanted to complete the weathering series.

For ur questions regarding the VF1S Roy. There's the normal version and the 1st Anniversary version which comes with a laser pen that projects the UN Spacey logo.

Regards

Des

Edited by Dashgtr

vi rs

sorry for the info but i was a little obset for buying such expensive exlusives and then to know about this hlj thing but you ll never be dessapointed with this beautys specially the deffender khaki green ver is the best weathering ill ever see :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the price is still a bit much at a 50% markup over the non-weathered versions. Particularly since they won't look right if you try to put stickers on them with the stickers looking all bright and squeaky clean. Maybe if they had the that stuff already printed on and then had the weathering applied over it.

I preferred to get the regular versions and then do the weathering myself to get the whole thing to look right and pay less for it as well.

I do understand that people don't have the time or would not want to expend the effort to do it themselves, I just think the huge markups for the exclusives are just robbery.

vi rs

sorry for the info but i was a little obset for buying such expensive exlusives and then to know about this hlj thing but you ll never be dessapointed with this beautys specially the deffender khaki green ver is the best weathering ill ever see :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, bring on more toy info. We are poisoned by yamato anyway....

Personally, I think the price is still a bit much at a 50% markup over the non-weathered versions. Particularly since they won't look right if you try to put stickers on them with the stickers looking all bright and squeaky clean. Maybe if they had the that stuff already printed on and then had the weathering applied over it.

I am not sure about the Destroids since I haven't got mine, but the Max's weathering came with an extra waterslide decal sheet, yes you heard it right, it's water slide decal, not standard sticker sheet.

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

I hope HLJ somehow gets to offer the 1/48 TV VF-1A Max and VF-1A Kakizaki, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened due to the economy, but the TV VF-1A Max and VF-1A Kakizaki were specifically "Made to Order" basically meaning they made pretty much only made the amount ordered give or take a few extra. Plus all orders had to be pre-paid in order to even get either of the two.

Still money talks, so who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened due to the economy, but the TV VF-1A Max and VF-1A Kakizaki were specifically "Made to Order" basically meaning they made pretty much only made the amount ordered give or take a few extra. Plus all orders had to be pre-paid in order to even get either of the two.

Still money talks, so who knows.

In other words, the 1/48 line didn't do pretty well like the V2 which is both scale and price friendly. correct me if I am wrong.

Uh no... that's not what he said at all. He said the 1/48s (TV Max and TV Hayao) were made to order so it's doubtful they would appear on HLJ. Money does funny things though so if Yamato sees there's money to be made by giving some extra stock to HLJ than it might still happen.

Uh no... that's not what he said at all. He said the 1/48s (TV Max and TV Hayao) were made to order so it's doubtful they would appear on HLJ. Money does funny things though so if Yamato sees there's money to be made by giving some extra stock to HLJ than it might still happen.

I understood what adrian said. What I am wondering is how well the 1/48 line has been doing. I am seeing Yamato wanted to squeeze more money on 1/60 line to make it weathering exlusive, but the 1/48 line that need preorder with deposit in advance means the stock is very very limited due to low demand.

The 1/48 line is dead. Yamato just offers exclusives for it to the diehards that still love it. It's like Microsoft still servicing the XP crowd even as they roll out 7.

You can think of it as a question of demand but really it was by Yamato's design. They released a new product, they wanted people to buy the new product, they pimped the new product as hard as possible and shut down the old product. Companies do it every day.

The 1/48 line is dead. Yamato just offers exclusives for it to the diehards that still love it. It's like Microsoft still servicing the XP crowd even as they roll out 7.

You can think of it as a question of demand but really it was by Yamato's design. They released a new product, they wanted people to buy the new product, they pimped the new product as hard as possible and shut down the old product. Companies do it every day.

ok, I got the idea. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

If no one noticed HLJ officially announced they have a special deal with Yamato.

By special arrangement with Yamato, we're able to offer a tasty array of exclusive items from the Yamato Online Shop and Yamato Fan Club! Limited "Macross" goods, special versions of PVC figures, limited-edition resin kits--get 'em while the grabbing's good!

It seems like Roy Fokker VF-1S is getting weathered and online exclusive. I actually like this one very much, the weathering is nicely done, not too light, not too heavy.

I'm just wondering these are new mold with new crotch or basically some marketing add on from the 1st batch to move the old stocks?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1515

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/release_049...l?infolnk=index

post-611-1260031959_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

Great!!! I'm getting this and Max's weathered VF-1S too B))

Hikaru's weathered VF-1S shouldn't be that far away right?

I'd be getting the Roy if it's a new cutting with new crotch, my concern is whether they are trying to getting rid of old stock from first batch with cracking shoulder issues.

I don't like the Hikaru's version though, the weathering effect is unreal and funny which is directly opposed to what it should have been done. Darker shade should fall around panel line and lighten out to the middle of panel, but they are doing the weathering at the middle of panel?

• 2 weeks later...

Found this from Yamato blog, I don't know what he was talking about Roy TV pilot, but I guess he meant he wish it came with Roy TV pilot.

■フォッカー少佐追悼記念?

2009年12月。あの伝説的パイロットである、地球統合軍所属スカル隊隊長ロイ・フォッカー少佐のご逝去を悼み、生前の御厚情に感謝申し上げますと共に、勝手ながらいちファンとしてご冥福をお祈り申し上げます。

ついにこの時期が来てしまいましたか・・・。フォッカー少佐には結果的にやまともお世話になっておりました。(商品で。)弊社としては、今後も少佐の伝説を後世に引き継ぐ1人として、商品展開をしてい行こうと思う今日この頃。

皆さんはいかがお過ごしでしか?

こんにちは。みすたーKです。

今回はこんな時期なのでしんみり行こうと思います。・・・ですが、彼はこう言うでしょう。「こんなにしんみりするな!柄じゃない!」なんて言いそうですので(勝手な解釈)、いつも通りに行かせて頂きますよ。少佐!

と言うことで早速ご紹介。FC先行12月ギリ出荷の受付が14日に締め切りになった「1/60 完全変形VF-1S ロイ・フォッカー機 ウェザリング仕様」をご紹介させて頂きます。

※現在FC先行の二次予約受付中。その後にも一般受注が有るから、まだ手に入れられます!

この商品を企画する際に重要な事が、「2009年12月追悼に合わせる」事で動いておったアイテムなのです!滑り込みセーフ的な納期ギリギリでの展開になりますが・・・。

そしてこれが物!この前のショールーム開放イベントや、雑誌媒体でも既に露出しているのでご存知かと思います。

217-1.jpg

ジャーン(表現が古)!

どうっすか?

カッコ良くない?しかし背景が合いませんねー。見え難いですな。

217-2.jpg

これならどうよ?・・・背景が濃いので、機体にも色が入り込んでる・・。

217-3.jpg

無難に黒にしてしまいました・・。素人なんで・・。

横に立っているフィギュアとかも欲しいなー。企画しちゃおうかなー?

TV版のパイロットスーツが欲しいし。うーん。そしたら背景は黒じゃダメね。

・・・と背景に気を取られていたら、ブログ規定の「写真3枚」(色々あってそんなことになっているの)を使い果たしましたので 終ります。(・・って、商品解説無しかよ!?)

いつも別れは突然やってくるのです。

我々はそれを乗越えて強く生きていくのです!

業界の方々!この不況も乗越えて、いいものを作って行(生)きましょう!!

※ユーザー皆さんの協力が不可欠ですので、そのへんもよろしくねん。

それでは皆様。ごきげんよう!

みすたーK

P.S

そう言えば、少佐は戦死だよね?結果は。と言うと2階級特進?