Anymal Tantei Kiruminzuu

CrusherJ

Looks like SK going to bring us a new comedy series in October. Here's a plot summary from the article at ANN:

"The "heartwarming comedy" story poses the following premise: "What if you can really transform into an animal?" Riko, Rimu and Nagisa Mikogami are three cute sisters who live in Kamihama, a Japanese city abundant with natural wonders. On an otherwise peaceful day, the three come across a mysterious Kirumin compact in an attic. With the Kirumin, these character-costume-wearing girls can transform into real animals. The anime's title is an apparent wordplay on "animal," "tantei" (detective), "kigurumi," and "zoo." "Kigurumi" is a type of cosplay that essentially turns a wearer into a giant plush toy or doll."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...s-images-posted

Looks like a magical girl series, never known SK to do one of those, but my memory could be failing me. I like magical girl series and am pretty interested in seeing SK's take on the genre.

Thoughts?

This looks totally horrible. Did you see the pictures? The characters are like Strawberry Shortcake with dog and cat hats and stuff. Really Kawamori? Dogberry Shortcake 12 Year Girl Sexy Party is your new show?

Look at this crap:

002.jpg

Edited by Ginrai

To early to judge this anime. Can't really say anything other then that the director has some decent credentials and Scrapped Princess was a good character driven anime. The designs seem overly cute but the discription 'heart warming comedy' doesn't really trigger any eroge warning bells.

Edited by Bri

This looks totally horrible. Did you see the pictures? The characters are like Strawberry Shortcake with dog and cat hats and stuff. Really Kawamori? Dogberry Shortcake 12 Year Girl Sexy Party is your new show?

Look at this crap:

002.jpg

Um, yeah. Okay.

Forget what I said earlier.

Children's entertainment? I bet you this will be on at 2am or something. Ah, Kawamori, you keep wanting to try new things.... but come on. This looks awful.

Just to play devil's advocate, though, everyone seemed to love Transformers Animated, and that looked like "My First Gobot" by Fisher-Price.

OK, advocate mode off, I am not watching this, and for the record I cannot stand Animated.

EDIT -- I was having trouble understanding the whole "Strawberry Shortcake" reference here and in the comments of the article page. That's because I didn't realise it was a greeting card character, I was thinking of this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nga.php?id=9518

It's a pretty unique, stylish manga, with an boringly mundane plot. It even became a movie a couple of years back:

http://sitenoise-atthemovies.blogspot.com/...2006-japan.html

...Which looks neither stylish nor unique, yet retains the boredom. Plenty of random sex, if you like that kinda thing, though.

Anyway, yeah, I just got confused, like "what are these people talking about? This is nothing like Strawberry Shortcake!"

Edited by Renato

Children's entertainment? I bet you this will be on at 2am or something. Ah, Kawamori, you keep wanting to try new things.... but come on. This looks awful.

Just to play devil's advocate, though, everyone seemed to love Transformers Animated, and that looked like "My First Gobot" by Fisher-Price.

OK, advocate mode off, I am not watching this, and for the record I cannot stand Animated.

EDIT -- I was having trouble understanding the whole "Strawberry Shortcake" reference here and in the comments of the article page. That's because I didn't realise it was a greeting card character, I was thinking of this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nga.php?id=9518

It's a pretty unique, stylish manga, with an boringly mundane plot. It even became a movie a couple of years back:

http://sitenoise-atthemovies.blogspot.com/...2006-japan.html

...Which looks neither stylish nor unique, yet retains the boredom. Plenty of random sex, if you like that kinda thing, though.

Anyway, yeah, I just got confused, like "what are these people talking about? This is nothing like Strawberry Shortcake!"

You never got the Strawberry Shortcake cartoons in the UK? You lucky, lucky dog. ^_^

Pass.

Not interested in magical girl animes at all, especially ones that look like Strawberry Shortcake.

Possibly my 5 year old neice might be interested in it though!

Let's hope kawamori get's all this silliness out of his system in time for the next Macross series.

Graham

Pass.

Not interested in magical girl animes at all, especially ones that look like Strawberry Shortcake.

Possibly my 5 year old neice might be interested in it though!

Let's hope kawamori get's all this silliness out of his system in time for the next Macross series.

Graham

Well...at the very least, you can't say the man's not versatile...right? ;)

Look at this crap:

002.jpg

Wow, that does look bad. I retract any positive stance I held previously...

• 2 months later...