PANDORUM OR DEAD SPACE?

Hello all,

Just saw a trailer for Dead Space cough, cough, Pandorum. Could not help but notice the " in your face similarities between this and Dead Space". In fact it looked so similar visually that i actually thought is was a live action version for a sec. Any thoughts?

Take a look...

That's what I figured too. Maybe they decided that Dead Space was too easy of a title. You can't make money on a scifi flick without some sort of weird, ambiguous title. Right?

I thought there were rumors for an actual Dead Space movie adaptation...

well i know that they made the anime or animation adaptation which i am interested to see. has anyone else seen it?

I've seen it, and surprisingly I actually enjoyed it. What boggles my mind are the two towel scenes...

Edited by shiroikaze

OMG, total ripoff od dead space, a walking lawsuit...

Dead Space the game was awesome, scary as sh!t, the movie/anime was stupid, I think EA stated that Dead Space would be a game trilogy

specially after the ending I wanna know what really happened

I've seen it, and surprisingly I actually enjoyed it. What boggles my mind are the two towel scenes...

What towel scenes. 0.o;;

I wished i had those giant beam saw things in the game. Would've helped me tonnes. :lol:

Doesn't look anything like Dead Space to me. Just a "people going insane in space" story.

Ditto.

What towel scenes. 0.o;;

Guy runs away from a necromorph and loses his towel in the process--He dies, horribly. Girl runs away from a necromorph and manages to keep her towel on with ease even after being impaled (horribly as well). I was like "Zuh?"

Edited by shiroikaze

Guy runs away from a necromorph and loses his towel in the process. Girl runs away from a necromorph and manages to keep her towel on with ease even after being impaled. I was like "Zuh?"

Its obvious which person got their priorities right, right? :lol:

Its obvious which person got their priorities right, right? :lol:

No, towels are just technologically advanced in the far future. :p

Actually, I went back and watched it again. And whoops, the dude didn't have a towel in the first place.

i am really curious about the whole towel thing now. is the anime something that you can pick up at best buy or something?

Actually, to save you the trouble:

I guess use that clip to gauge whether or not it warrants a purchase, but for $15 (or less), it's not bad.

Edited by shiroikaze

Doesn't look like Deadspace at all. There was nothing about no memory or whatever in DS, and you had a crew. Also DS was heavily about cult-like beliefs, world-destroying strip mining, and secretly covered up near-satanic research. That was all aside from Isaac's own personal dramatic baggage with Elizabeth and so on. DS looks like it had 4x more depth and story than this movie.

Edited by Cent

Doesn't look like Deadspace at all. There was nothing about no memory or whatever in DS, and you had a crew. Also DS was heavily about cult-like beliefs, world-destroying strip mining, and secretly covered up near-satanic research. That was all aside from Isaac's own personal dramatic baggage with Elizabeth and so on. DS looks like it had 4x more depth and story than this movie.

There's nothing really special about the animated movie other than it takes place before Isaac arrives. But it's worth a rental or if you can get it for cheap... or you can download it. :rolleyes:

*It originally aired on the Starz Channel if anyone wanted to know something trivial by the way...

Hey shiro,

how funny that you mentioned that it would be on starz. They are showing it tonight at 10:00 EST. guess I can skip the rental and the buy.

Dammit, I wasted a chance to get the next winning lotto numbers :(

But anyway, neato.

You're right. The internet comic strip/flash movie reel was not all that great. Other than providing you a little bit of background, it was 90% low budget flash cutout animations.

However, there's even more information to be had from the flash webgame thing, if you have the patience to go through it. You still get a large portion of the same info from the game if you really pay attention and read all the logs.

Hey shiro,

how funny that you mentioned that it would be on starz. They are showing it tonight at 10:00 EST. guess I can skip the rental and the buy.

that's odd, my guide had something completely differnt on starz at 10:00, but it is on chiller at 10:30.

No, towels are just technologically advanced in the far future. :p

Actually, I went back and watched it again. And whoops, the dude didn't have a towel in the first place.

oddly enough, if you watch that scene on a big screen TV you'll notice that she's actually wearing panties.

anyways, I wonder if you could actually make a Dead Space LAM and not have it suck. I really doubt you could make a movie with the game's level of gore and violence.

anyways, I wonder if you could actually make a Dead Space LAM and not have it suck. I really doubt you could make a movie with the game's level of gore and violence.

Oh just look at the Silent Hill movie, Pyramid Head rips off someone's skin and there were barbed wire tentacles that shredded the cultist leader bitch inside and out. :)

Try George Romero's Day of the Dead. They actually showed the military leader being ripped in half while he's still concious.

was that the the 4th one where they were trying to domesticate the zombies? I've seen every dead movie but I get the names mixed up some times. the thing about those films is that they were made in the 70's and 80's and weren't major studio productions. It would be almost impossible for a movie made today under a big Hollywood studio to get away with doing that kind of stuff. it's too bad really, but most mainstream movies are very sanitized.

It would be almost impossible for a movie made today under a big Hollywood studio to get away with doing that kind of stuff. it's too bad really, but most mainstream movies are very sanitized.

Hostel 1 & 2? Starship Troopers? AVP2? Big title horror films that I can't really remember? :p

Edited by shiroikaze

Hostel 1 & 2? Starship Troopers? AVP2? Big title horror films that I can't really remember? :p

Neither Starship Troopers nor either of the AVP movies were all that graphically violent really, I haven't seen enough of any of the hostel or saw movies to comment on them.

Neither Starship Troopers nor either of the AVP movies were all that graphically violent really, I haven't seen enough of any of the hostel or saw movies to comment on them.

I skimmed through both Hostel movies and they're pretty gory. Really digusting, power drill through the leg, operated while alive, blowtorch to the eye, etc. The Saw movies aren't that gory really...

was that the the 4th one where they were trying to domesticate the zombies? I've seen every dead movie but I get the names mixed up some times. the thing about those films is that they were made in the 70's and 80's and weren't major studio productions. It would be almost impossible for a movie made today under a big Hollywood studio to get away with doing that kind of stuff. it's too bad really, but most mainstream movies are very sanitized.

It was the third Romero movie (I don't think Romero was a part of the Night of the Living Dead numbered sequels, I could be wrong, though), and yes, they tried to domesticate the zombies in that one. The gore factor was really upped in that movie.

A list of Romero's movies

• "Night of the Living Dead" (the classic b&w film)
  • "Dawn of the Dead" (the one without Ving Rames)
  • "Day of the Dead"
  • "Land of the Dead"
Edited by Wanzerfan