PANDORUM OR DEAD SPACE?

Just caught this last night. Anyone seen it yet?

I kinda liked it and guessed the ending. I didn't like the "monsters" which turned out pretty un-scary and uninspired. The show wasn't as scary as the trailer made it seemed to be, but what we initially thought to be very similar to Dead Space wasn't that similar after all. I liked the plot as well.

Just caught this last night. Anyone seen it yet?

I kinda liked it and guessed the ending. I didn't like the "monsters" which turned out pretty un-scary and uninspired. The show wasn't as scary as the trailer made it seemed to be, but what we initially thought to be very similar to Dead Space wasn't that similar after all. I liked the plot as well.

Yeah, I saw it - I enjoyed it too, but that's probably more a by-product of low expectations given the state of most Sci-Fi or Horror films that come out.

Even though I have Dead Space on PS3 I never played more than 5 minutes of it (one of those folks that buys games then they collect dust for a year before they actually play the damn thing) so I didn't have any of the preconceived notions about plot similarities.

I kind of wished for a more concrete answer about

what really happened to Earth

but oh well...

-b.

I kind of wished for a more concrete answer about

what really happened to Earth

but oh well...

-b.

Kinda wondered about that. Did they explain it on the starmaps?

I thought it was a sudden supernova or something but then that would mean they might not have time to blast out that final message. (which was strangely translated from some other language).

Also wondered if the "other languages" spoken on the ship are just foreign earth languages. I would've thought a fluency to a standardised language (english) would have been a requirement to be onboard the Elysium.

I dont mind hearing about the plot before i go see a film. I m one of the few people that have to know everything before i go see a film

From what i read about plot spoilers

are the mosters nothing more than space zombies???

If thats the case im so tired of zombies

stupid concept

SPlice is looking promising tho

What if you awoke with no memory

That's called amnesia a common plot device in soap operas

What if the world you knew was gone

How would I know a world if I forgot it?

From the producers of the Resident Evil movies

That explains why I'm not watching this. <_<

That's called amnesia a common plot device in soap operas

How would I know a world if I forgot it?

That explains why I'm not watching this. <_<

1.) uh yeah...overused.

2.) its mild amnesia...so they remember how to talk and stuff but forget what happened in the past few months/years etc. Sometimes they forgot their names.

3.) producers don't mean anything.

And rather than space zombies, they're kinda like space uruk-hai? (lol)