mecha designs sdf macross compared to dyrl

pondo

people around talk about the improvements of design in DYRL, but I don't really see any dofference other than fast/ attack packs or paint schemes. Am I missing something?

Also, are there any vf-1j's in DYRL? It seems like the vf-1s and vf-1a are the predominant valk.

(or is there a great thread that I haven't found somewhere that goes into detail about this?)

people around talk about the improvements of design in DYRL, but I don't really see any dofference other than fast/ attack packs or paint schemes. Am I missing something?

Also, are there any vf-1j's in DYRL? It seems like the vf-1s and vf-1a are the predominant valk.

(or is there a great thread that I haven't found somewhere that goes into detail about this?)

The hands.

The Macross.

The entire Meltrandi fleet.

Pay attention, dude. We're not just talking about the VF-1. We're talking about EVERYTHING.

Damn, you're such an a-hole, SchizophrenicMC :lol:

Btw, are you currently seeing anyone? I got a thing for abusive men ;):p:wub:

pondo

I've attached a picture of the redesigned hands for the VF-1 Valkyrie from the DYRL? film.

There is a VF-1J in DYRL? which is seen briefly firing missiles from the GBP-1S Armored pack.

post-114-1243282042_thumb.gif

As far as the VF-1 goes, the cockpit was significantly changed, the hexagonal three-panel main screen was replaced by a single-panel main screen, the controls were simplified (including eliminating the two extra joysticks for battroid mode, moving the transformation controls onto the throttle lever, etc), the HUD went from being a projection on transparent panels to being a holographic projection on the canopy, the hands were redesigned, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

pondo

I've attached a picture of the redesigned hands for the VF-1 Valkyrie from the DYRL? film.

There is a VF-1J in DYRL? which is seen briefly firing missiles from the GBP-1S Armored pack.

thank you very much.

I never really read too much into the hands. I just figgered that with more sophisticated animated, we would see more sophisticated detail.

Jeezus man... Have you even watched DYRL? :rolleyes:

post-7862-1243287061_thumb.gif

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

pondo

Well, I've always got room for another! :lol:

you must be real hit with the ladies.

Oh, but I am. B))

thank you very much.

I never really read too much into the hands. I just figgered that with more sophisticated animated, we would see more sophisticated detail.

You're welcome. I think the re-designed hands were a long time in coming. The old hands have that "super-robot" feeling to them, that wasn't particularly creative. But you might be right in that the improved animation really spurred such improvements forward.

Well, I've always got room for another! :lol:

Woohoo! PM sent ;)

You're welcome. I think the re-designed hands were a long time in coming. The old hands have that "super-robot" feeling to them, that wasn't particularly creative. But you might be right in that the improved animation really spurred such improvements forward.

Woohoo! PM sent ;)

Yes, join the harem. :lol:

And I completely agree. Boxer hands are too super robot. Need boxy mecha hands!

As for those I know DYRL expy into canon.

Nousjadeul-Ger DYRL version (Macross Plus)

Queadluun-Rau DYRL version (Macross 7)

Meltran ships (Macross 7 FotSW)

VF-1 Strike Fast Pack (Macross VF-X)

DYRL Macross (Flashback 2012, Plus, Frontier)

Damn March, you don't waste any time. Always remember, there is always room for more, heheh.

As for the valks, I too agree the more mechanical hands are better. Although the boxing gloves have a bit of nostalgia too them. I keep the boxing gloves on my 1/48 VF-1J Max just because that is a TV valk so it fits better. Also the 1/48 mechanical hands are flimsy. I hear the 1/60 v2 hands are good though.

The Differences between DYRL & SDF Macross are Not day and night. Still the same basic layouts on the VF-1, But between the Character Designs & The Mecha, Kawamori & Mikimoto allowed themselves to add a hell of alot more detail to the initial designs. I prefer the DYRL hands, much more detail.

Although the Meltrandi Fleet and Badolza's Flag ship, Zentradi Power armor were definitely tuned up!! As for the SDF-1, that is a day & night comparison with the TV series version!! B))