How often do you watch Macross or Macross-related media?

Vepariga

Just a general inquiry, How often do you watch the macross tv series? which ever one,or say,the movies DYRL,Zero,II,plus?

I usually watch thru Macross TV once a year,usually as i sit in bed i watch a few eps. I also watch 'Macross plus' and Zero every once and a while. and the episode 'Friendly fire' is the episode i watch most from Macross Frontier.

anyone else?

Hmmm.............interesting question. The answer is not as much as I used to.

These days, I probably rewatch Macross 7 in it's entirety once every 2 to 3 years.

Same goes for Plus, Zero and II.

SDF TV series, probably once every 4 to 5 years.

DYRL, usually once a year.

When Frontier was airing, I watched each episode at least 6 times, some as many as 12 times! Now, I occasionally watch an episode or two now and again, but no plans to watch the whole series all the way through for at least a couple of years, as I've watched each episode so often. Need to let it fade in my mind a bit first.

Graham

I watch SDF TV series & MacII fairly regularly.

Never managed to finish Mac7 (although I should)

I've watched Plus & Zero a few times and still don't get what all the fuss is about so they will more than likely never get another airing.

Watched Frontier once and that was enough for me :o

I flip through my collection of Macross related books quite often and always mark out any Macross articles in the japanese mags I get so I can refer back to them as needed.

I am now watching SDFM: TV. Last time I watched it was probably a year ago. I haven't seen Zero and Plus for about half a year. And it's been about 2 years - at least 1 year - since I saw 7. I watched all of Macross Frontier again last month.

If I'm not watching Macross, it's because I'm watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or eventually Gundam.

But when I'm playing with my models and toys, it's kind of like watching the series too because I keep thinking up adventures :)

Pete

These days? I watch a little bit almost every day.

Also, I try to listen to the drama albums on my way to work, so that even if I'm not actively translating, I'm getting g ever more familiar with the contents. And I generally work on Macross books for at least half an hour a day, and a few hours on weekends.

In building my website, I had to watch all of Macross to re-familiarize myself with shows I've seen and to watch some Macross I hadn't actually seen all the way through (like Macross 7). I've also had to go back and rewatch various episodes and movies to fact check. So in recent years, I've watched a great deal of Macross :)

Ordinarily, I watch films and previous series based upon a combination of interest, familiarity and the time passed since last viewing. These rules apply to ALL films and shows I enjoy and each criteria has different weight when applied to a given film or show. For example, I will re-watch newer material in a shorter period of time than older material simply because a) I'm not as familiar with material recently released and b) I'm typically very interested in new material, even it it's only been a short time since my last viewing.

I watch SDF Macross, FB2012, DYRL, Macross Plus and Macross Frontier the most. With the exception of Frontier, I've seen all these at least half a dozen times each. SDF Macross and Macross Plus are the Macross productions with which I'd say I'm most familiar.

I've watched Macross II, Macross Dynamite 7 and Macross Zero all twice, which was far more viewing that I should have given them. I've seen Macross 7 once all the way through (the first dozen episodes I've seen twice now) and will never, ever watch it twice :)

Edited by Mr March

These days SDFM once a year. Macross 7, DYRL and FB2012 every 2 years or so. MII and Zero occasionally. Just started on third time on Frontier.

Macross Plus twice, once as OVA and movie. These days I just I just watch the Valkyrie and music scenes of Plus and fast-forward the rest.

I'll re-watch Macross stuff every once in a while, but in no set interval.

Currently, I'm actually watching SDF:M according to the actual chronology. Of course, this means that I won't be watching the next episode until October. I will, however, watch the other shows, etc.

Thrice a year, I held a MACROSS franchise marathon in front of my idiot box, re-basking myself on the glory of Macross. In keeping up with time, & me changing course to becoming UC Gundam fan, this year I reduced my MACROSS marathon to only once, & upped the ante to held UC Gundam marathon to twice a year.

Yes, I'll be waiting for that Mac F Movie. Just for the sake of recharging myself for Macross spirits, I just popped FB 2012 & Macross 7 Dynamite once a while ...

if it's the whole series, then i can't say for sure. I watch DYRL once a year, i guess. As for SDFM in its entirety, once every three years, i guess. M+ OAV or movie or M0, once every 2 years, maybe. M7 i haven't watched a second time yet. MF i've only watched as a whole 3 times.

But if it's not necessarily the whole series, then fairly regularly. I watch whenever i get an itch to watch a particular episode. for example, in SDFM, i have a tendency to watch the last few episodes of SW1, and the last few eps of the whole series at least 4x a year. I've already watched the last 2 episodes of MF at least 10 times already. The final dogfight in M+, i guess 3x a year. The first episode of M0 (just for the transformation of Focker's VF0) at least 2x a year. and Flashback at least once a year.

hmmm.... i feel another thread coming on...

Edited by dreamweaver13

When i buy a new VF toy, i tend to watch a few eps where that VF was featured while i wait for it to arrive.

Other then that i guess i watch SDFM once a year or perhaps every other year. M Plus i watch often and the same for Zero. Probably becuase they are OVA's and easier to get into with less investment in time then a full series.