Pics in sigs

Well. Does this mean we'll be able to use animated gif's? I have a great Dave Chapelle BLACKZILLA one that I'd like to use.

I think the rules still apply. Give em a week or 2 to get settled in.

There is a WONDERFUL feature in these boards

go to My Controls up top

Click Board options at bottom left

Change "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?" to NO

bingo gone!

I love it

S

p.s. of course I will periodically turn my sigs back ON so I see what crazy stuff some of you put in there...LOL

So are picts in sigs okay now?

Vostok 7

No... I think Shawn is saying that if one wants to he or she can avoid 'sig stupidity' all together by opting out of the whole thing.

Keith will have hair growing out of the palms of his hands! :o

think u mean someone else

<_<

Nope. Last post by him that I saw had an image of a fastpack Hikaru Skull logo. It was also a crappy image which made it even more dorky.

Keith will have hair growing out of the palms of his hands! :o

think u mean someone else

<_<

Nope. Last post by him that I saw had an image of a fastpack Hikaru Skull logo. It was also a crappy image which made it even more dorky.

Nope just checked... same takcyass sig.

To the Moderators,

I apologise for having a pic in my signature. And thank you for saving me the time in taking it off myself. But you deleted the text and the pic and added, in my opinion, a "smart" comment that stayed there all day. I can understand that the Boards are in chaos right now. If something was wrong, just delete it or send me a PM to tell me to remove it myself. You don't have to put comments in my signature that make me appear as if I am stupid or something. You could have left the text which had nothing to do with the pic, and saved yours comments. You made it look as though I wrote that myself. I don't appreciate that.

Rob MN

p.s. of course I will periodically turn my sigs back ON so I see what crazy stuff some of you put in there...LOL

If sigs are not allowed then what does this mean???

P.S. I don't really care for pics in sigs either, some are really ugly, but it seemed to me, that Shawn said it was OK.

To the Moderators,

I apologise for having a pic in my signature. And thank you for saving me the time in taking it off myself. But you deleted the text and the pic and added, in my opinion, a "smart" comment that stayed there all day. I can understand that the Boards are in chaos right now. If something was wrong, just delete it or send me a PM to tell me to remove it myself. You don't have to put comments in my signature that make me appear as if I am stupid or something. You could have left the text which had nothing to do with the pic, and saved yours comments. You made it look as though I wrote that myself. I don't appreciate that.

Rob MN

Standard procedure, happened to me too

asked the same thing

got a "the Mods are Gods" type of answer, I guess they're right

No need to feel stupid, just don't take it personal

To the Moderators,

Rob MN

Could you describe the "smart" comment in question? I am actually kinda rude to members who put pics in sigs as it is bad Ju-Ju, but I am curious asto what you see as 'over the line.'

Max J,

At the time I saw it, it took me alittle by surprise. I don't mind the fact that my pic was removed. And it is my own fault for not reading the rules more carefully. And as for getting the same treatment as everyone, well after I noticed that it was gone and check this section, I noticed there were still members with pics in thier sigs that post alot more often than I do. Writing something that made it look as though I had wrote it myself. That is what I ddin't appreciate. If someone added something to your signature without you knowing it you would be alittle irritated as well. And that would go for anyone. A simple "Sorry - No pics allowed." would have been more appropriate. Or just simply delete the pic. No comments necessary. A simple PM saying "Hey no pics please change it", it would have even saved you some time.

Rob

Max J,

At the time I saw it, it took me alittle by surprise. I don't mind the fact that my pic was removed. And it is my own fault for not reading the rules more carefully. And as for getting the same treatment as everyone, well after I noticed that it was gone and check this section, I noticed there were still members with pics in thier sigs that post alot more often than I do. Writing something that made it look as though I had wrote it myself. That is what I ddin't appreciate. If someone added something to your signature without you knowing it you would be alittle irritated as well. And that would go for anyone. A simple "Sorry - No pics allowed." would have been more appropriate. Or just simply delete the pic. No comments necessary. A simple PM saying "Hey no pics please change it", it would have even saved you some time.

Rob

nah, I think just going in and changing it saves me time. :p

People need to chill and realize that we're not out to get them. If I wanted to make fun of you, I'd do it in the threads.

Max J,

Rob

Monkey-N, you remember when that Jive talkin A-Hole from Arizona was giving you a bad time, basically calling you names, and or racial slurs? I don't remember exactly what he said but I remember he was out of controll.

It was these same mods that kicked that guy out FAST and got rid of his posts. These guys log in multiple times a day to patrol the boards with no thanks from us. You should just forget it. The Mods left the same sig in everyone's sig space that had an image there. ;)

I got the same thing when I put something there. It was a little tiny pic. But when I came back on the same remark was there. I thought it was funny, no biggie.

Also remember that where Monkey-N is at, the temper is different. People are a lot more polite there, so maybe he's just not use to that type of indifference.

Max J,

I owe you an apology. I did over react to the whole stituation. I think it was just an accumulation of various events that happened that day. It was just the straw that broke the perverbial camel's back. I usually take thing is stride and don't think too much about it.

Everyone is right and I went alittle crazy over this situation. My apologies.

Rob MN