Is that the Metal Composite or regular GFF?

GFFN/GFF Next generation = 1/144 scale

difference w/ the old 1/144 GFFs is that it's a little bit more (just a little bit) poseable, joints are diecast and parts don't seem to be falling off anymore if you try to touch it. :wacko:

although w/ this FA Unicorn, it looks like it's gonna have close to zero poseability when it's all decked out. :mellow:

I was actually basing my opinion on the FA-78-1/FAGundam which has extra armour in the very traditional sense.

HWS is Heavy Weapon Systems isn't it?

Yup, HWS stands for Heavy Weapons System and is the FA version of the RX-93 Nu Gundam.

Courtesy of MAHQ

fa-93hws.jpg

So I've had my RD Stark Jegan and Geara Zulu for awhile now and I love them, I plan on getting a couple more of each to have a little squadron. I was quite surprised that both are quite a bit bigger than the Gundam Unicorn, but if you look at the specs that's actually "correct".

Did any one else notice that the Stark Jegan is set up to attach the large nuclear missiles like the original CCA MSV version? I wonder if they are going to release those as an exclusive addon later. Would be cool, even if exclusive.

CCA-MSV version:

rgm-89s.jpg

Unicorn version:

rgm-89s.jpg

(images from MAHQ)

Edited by Vostok 7

@Vostok 7 I posted about the Stark a few pages back and I was pretty impressed with it. Not so much the Zulu but I probably have more of a problem with it's general design than the actual toy.

I wager since they appear to be releasing a standard Jegan as well they can combine the two molds relevant pieces add some nukes and a new paint job and do that CCA MSV version.

Has anyone bought the metal composite unicorn gundam? Is it really worth the hefty price tag, or is it just another master grade unicorn?

I've got one.

Design wise it's definitely based of the OVA version Unicorn Kit. I don't own an MG unicorn personally, but from looking at and reviews it seems like the articulation and how it transforms is the same. In terms of accessories, it comes with everything the standard MG kit comes with (beam bazooka, beam magnum, shield beam sabers, 3 pt and Fixed v-fin/horn, etc.) you also get the standard GFF display base which I like and you get the dual beam Gatling that none of the MG's have (the duel Gatling alone where enough to make me want the toy over the models.)

The big thing the Metal composite unicorn has over MG is construction. The unicorn has die-cast in the elbows, knees, hips, calf armor, and the armor plate over the feet (I think it has some more internal metal too). Also all of the plastic is ABS and POM, (I don't know about the MG unicorn, but I just got a MG Sinanju and it's got a lot of Polystyrene parts). The toy has a fair amount of heft to it, it feels nice in the hand and is much more substantial than any finished MG I've handled of similar size.

Then of course it has all of the markings tempo printed on, so no stickers or stupid dry transfers to apply and then have fall off. Also the white armor parts have a pearlescent finish that doesn't really show up in photos but is noticeable once you have it in hand.

so overall, it's an OVA version MG unicorn that's made out of much better materials; has better, tighter joints; has some extra weapons; and is built with a level of fit and finish that would take a lot of time and skill to achieve with an MG kit. it's definitely more playable than a model kit.

I got mine for $150 shipped, and it was totally worth it. At $180+shipping, it's probably still worth it if you really like the design. If you've already got the MG unicorn (especially the MS cage release); you have the time, patience and skill to build it up all perfect; and having the dual beam gatlings isn't important to you. you may want to skip it, or at least wait until you can find a good price on it.

So I've had my RD Stark Jegan and Geara Zulu for awhile now and I love them, I plan on getting a couple more of each to have a little squadron. I was quite surprised that both are quite a bit bigger than the Gundam Unicorn, but if you look at the specs that's actually "correct".

Are you talking about the actual RD toys?

Because the Jegan is specified at 19.0 meters, making it bigger than Mk. II or Zeta but smaller than RX-0 in Unicorn mode.

@Vostok 7 I posted about the Stark a few pages back and I was pretty impressed with it. Not so much the Zulu but I probably have more of a problem with it's general design than the actual toy.

I wager since they appear to be releasing a standard Jegan as well they can combine the two molds relevant pieces add some nukes and a new paint job and do that CCA MSV version.

They've already shown a standard Jegan, and the current RD version can mostly convert to the CCA MSV version (by taking off the arm armor). They'll probably release the nukes as an exclusive, but I think just a couple pairs of nukes is not enough for it's own exclusive but we'll see. It definitely means something that they put the ability to attach the nukes on there, though.

Are you talking about the actual RD toys?

Because the Jegan is specified at 19.0 meters, making it bigger than Mk. II or Zeta but smaller than RX-0 in Unicorn mode.

Hm, well I thought I read that the Unicorn was shorter than the Geara Zulu or the Stark Jegan, but I guess it's supposed to be slightly taller than the Jegan but slightly shorter than the Geara Zulu (without the horn, that is). In RD form, though, it's tiny. Quite a bit smaller than both the Stark Jegan or the Geara Zulu, which is disappointing since RDs are "non-scale" but are supposed to at least be in-scale to each other within the same series.

Edited by Vostok 7

i just pre-ordered the GFFMC O Gundam

After a while I may get the Unicorn GFFMC at a reduced price. Stay away from the Cage Unicorn. Still the same poo as the original MG. They could have improved it in many more ways. They may come out with the Dark Unicorn GFFMC as well.

@Vostok 7 Yes they've showcased one but not officially announced a retail release as of yet.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/02/rob...m-tamashii.html

The chests are actually completely different. The extra armour on the Stark is part of the sculpt not a separate piece. Can't be sure about the rest without better pictures or having a regular RD Jegan in hand.

Is the grey color version being Bandai-shop exclusive as`well?

I think the grey one looks pretty good.

As far as I understood the 0 Gundam will be an exclusive in any color format. Hard to swallow is the 199 Price Tag. What makes the price more acceptable is the fact its an exclusive unlike Unicorn.

As far as I understood the 0 Gundam will be an exclusive in any color format. Hard to swallow is the 199 Price Tag. What makes the price more acceptable is the fact its an exclusive unlike Unicorn.

Thx for the info.

Bandai is just being ridiculous! Both version are exclusive. Your lost... I will save my money to get something else. :angry:

Sorry for double post

@Vostok 7

As luck would have it I actually found a comparison picture between the normal jegan and the stark someone else made up.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/995/jegans.jpg

What I was saying is that the CCA-MSV Stark Jegan and the Unicorn Stark Jegan are very close. I know both Stark Jegans are quite a bit different than the standard Jegan. The CCA-MSV Stark Jegan has the chest machine guns as well. The only real difference is it doesn't have the arm armor, the chest armor or the chin armor from what I can tell.

It doesn't look like they could do a 100% accurate CCA MSV version with the parts they have already. The head and feet for instance are basically completely different than either RD version. If they combined parts from the normal RD Jegan and the Stark they would come close though.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/05/gunpla-30th-anniversary-limited-hy2m.html

Gunpla 30th Anniversary limited HY2M 1/12 Gundam RX-78-2. Pretty cool if u ask me, but it will probably cost a

few grand or so to import here to the U.S. <_< Not on my wishlist, but letting you guys know. ^_^

-Archer

isn't this thing technically a model?

isn't this thing technically a model?

Actually yes it is... It's basically a re-release of the older 6 foot tall gundam model that was released in early 2000. It'll probably be around 3,000 to 5,000 USD. The orginal release was about the same price. It'll probably be made in very limited quantities since not many ppl have the interest or the means to spend 5,000 USD on a model kit. The older one featured electronic lights and sounds and came with a giant remote that could electronically turn the head side to side.

I don't know if this new release will have added features though. It'll probably stay the same to keep the price down.

I had a rare miss in the HCMPros I got today from the big sale HLJ had a while back. I've never had an issue with any of my HCMPros, and I have quite a few, but I got 2 Zaku Warriors (the regular kind, speaking of lolseed) and one of them has a dislocated shoulder (joint is popped out and I don't know how to get it back in), all the joints are loose, the various removable panels fall off if you look at them wrong, etc. etc. I haven't opened the second one yet but I'm hoping it's better. Edit: Just checked the second one, it's the same :lol:

Fortunately all the rest of the ones I got in the order were good.

Edited by Vostok 7

• 1 month later...

Damashii Jegan Type D and updated sculpt of GM Sniper II... I love the "new" design for the Snipey, looks more thin and organic than the original line-art.

4732536892_b97062f980_b.jpg

Source: NgeeKhiong

(Due to some extreme procrastination I missed the early bird pre-order >_< )

Edited by Ghost Train