Where to next?

RedWolf

because throwing a lesbian into the triangle is one of the combos we haven't had yet. do you want another guy loves girl A, girl A thinks of guy as friend, guy keeps getting alone time with girl B, girl B loves guy, guy is clueless till end of series?

Sure, love triangle with a lesbian, why not? My main misgiving is that for all occasional claims otherwise, anime is not in general a medium that has gay/ lesbian/bisexual characters that aren't either comic stereotypes or cheap titillation for the excitable teenage demographic, and serious portrayal of them and the relationship might suffer as a result.

I like the idea of showing a major character that is a full-blooded, culture-raised Zentradi of either sex though. That's something we only got a hint of with Klan, while the whole lolicon transformation thing ended up dominating her screentime.

On the other hand, I'll have to vote against the idea of two girls where one is Zentradi and the other is half. If there's going to be a major female character that's a fighter pilot, I want her to be human for a change. Letting a woman in a cockpit without using alien blood to explain it is pretty rare so far and I'd like to see more of it.

We've been to Solar system, Eden, the old stomping grounds of the Protoculture the center region of the galaxy.

Huh?

Varauta was on the rim of the PC territory. Humanity hasn't come very close to the galactic core where the PC most likely inhabited. The core would likely be the most dangerous place to go.

Besides, considering the mere slivers that the 30+(?) colony fleets have encountered, there is billions of miles left to explore in the milky way alone, never mind other galaxies.

I'm more curious about learning what is the current state of the SA and the PC remnants. The last thing I'd want to see is for Macross to turn into ST where there's a new alien a week....

We could borrow something from Mospeda and have male cross dresser as the female pop idol of the triangle. ^_^

I think you could do a serious lesbian relationship in macross and still keep it open for humor. I've been reading this manga called KashiMashi Girl meets Girl(thank you onemanga.com). Its a comdey work but manages to keep the relationships from being silly.

Ah, if he could only sing...

Well, he can act, so Alto's a reincarnation... :)

On the note of Alto, that one guy, and how their respective anime fit in stupid ways....

2:52-2:55 sounds almost like a redux of Rick Hunter from RT. Strange. Yoko Kanno, are you getting desperate?

Of course, this probably means I'm just hearing normal patterns and fanboyin' 'em together...

because throwing a lesbian into the triangle is one of the combos we haven't had yet. do you want another guy loves girl A, girl A thinks of guy as friend, guy keeps getting alone time with girl B, girl B loves guy, guy is clueless till end of series?

I was speaking more to your obsession with 30 foot tall women but... :rolleyes:

Well, he can act, so Alto's a reincarnation... :)

On the note of Alto, that one guy, and how their respective anime fit in stupid ways....

2:52-2:55 sounds almost like a redux of Rick Hunter from RT. Strange. Yoko Kanno, are you getting desperate?

Of course, this probably means I'm just hearing normal patterns and fanboyin' 'em together...

I think you're hearing thing cause I don't hear any similarity. All I'm getting is that Yoko Kanno has a think for emulating Disney music.

I was speaking more to your obsession with 30 foot tall women but... :rolleyes:

I think you're hearing thing cause I don't hear any similarity. All I'm getting is that Yoko Kanno has a think for emulating Disney music.

Well, they both have the "Wam bum-bum-bum-bum" right there, and it's repeated twice...

I'm just fanboyin' it together, I'm sure, but...

Yoko Kanno, STOP PLAGIARISING!

For once, can we have a female as the main character who can only sing and not a valk pilot, on the way she will encounter two valk pilot from two different faction (maybe one is a NUNS pilot and the other is a special force something).

The point is, just adapt Escaflowne into Macross..........Yoko Kanno must be included (I don't care whether she create, copy, or steal the music)...... ^_^

For once, can we have a female as the main character who can only sing and not a valk pilot, on the way she will encounter two valk pilot from two different faction (maybe one is a NUNS pilot and the other is a special force something).

The point is, just adapt Escaflowne into Macross..........Yoko Kanno must be included (I don't care whether she create, copy, or steal the music)...... ^_^

Macross Plus

Happy? It's even got a movie...

I say the inverse should be true.

Main character's a female who can't sing, but is a Valk ace. She encounters (And falls in love with) two men, one an aspiring young actor (or something...), the other a valk ace, himself. :)

Main character's a female who can't sing, but is a Valk ace. She encounters (And falls in love with) two men, one an aspiring young actor (or something...), the other a valk ace, himself. :)

Where's the idol singer? Don't tell me you will include a boyband in there..... :lol:

Bump.

So, um... If what Misa says in SDFM is true, 47 years equates to 72 days, or roughly 2 months and 12 days, in SD Space.

Therefore, it would not be too far-fetched to have a Me- Don't kill me for this -garoad-1 revisit, even as far as Frontier's timeframe...

However, I must say that I'm quite happy knowing that they're gone permanently. They were killed off by the Vajra. That's it.

Though, that said, there's a REALLY big difference between SD time and RS Time.

Ok, I'd take two hints from Frontier and make two following scenario:

1st Scenario is a Macross Plus-like OVA which follows the development of the prototype YF-24. Some terrorists remnant after the VF-X2's events f*cked poo up with a rogue Macross and the Song jamming system, so the NUNS sends out a special team to counter the threat along with a YF-24 to test its capacity. Love triangle involves an ace pilot, his female operator (which likes to sing a lot) and the enemy female ace pilot.

2nd Scenario is Macross TV series which follows the Macross 11 fleet on its quest to explore the Outer Rim of the Galaxy. They discover strange alien species on their ways, fun ensues. Love triangle involves a female ace pilot, an old singer guy and a young Macross captain (for once). Also starring old Lin Kaifun on his way to find Minmei AND cameo of Fire Bomber American.

All soundtracks should be done by Yoko Kanno, I guess.

Edited by REbirth

Ok, I'd take two hints from Frontier and make two following scenario:

1st Scenario is a Macross Plus-like OVA which follows the development of the prototype YF-24. Some terrorists remnant after the VF-X2's events f*cked poo up with a rogue Macross and the Song jamming system, so the NUNS sends out a special team to counter the threat along with a YF-24 to test its capacity. Love triangle involves an ace pilot, his female operator (which likes to sing a lot) and the enemy female ace pilot.

Shinsei Industry and General Galaxy actually working together?!

Yang Neuman older no longer a brat. Maybe on Chiba level of awesome.

Now working with Algus Selzer for the next gen VF.

2nd Scenario is Macross TV series which follows the Macross 11 fleet on its quest to explore the Outer Rim of the Galaxy. They discover strange alien species on their ways, fun ensues. Love triangle involves a female ace pilot, an old singer guy and a young Macross captain (for once). Also starring old Lin Kaifun on his way to find Minmei AND cameo of Fire Bomber American.

All soundtracks should be done by Yoko Kanno, I guess.

Do you really want to geriatric Lynn Kaifun? From what understand the region of Rim is filled with crooks and pirates.

We don't know how far relative to each other Macross 11, Zola and Macross 9 is. Which would be fum that that there are locals instead of in the middle nowhere.

Oh yeah Loschier could have escaped the Galaxy Patrol and still selling black market VFs and reaction weponry.

Shinsei Industry and General Galaxy actually working together?!

Yang Neuman older no longer a brat. Maybe on Chiba level of awesome.

Now working with Algus Selzer for the next gen VF.

No, I think it's just Shinsei Industry that was behind the YF-24 Evolution's development, there's no source to this following claim but I believe it's General Galaxy (who funded Macross Galaxy) was the one who adapted the YF-24 into Lucifer VF-27 (because it's pretty much a next-gen YF-21/VF-22).

So yeah, in this OVA, we get to see a grown up Yang Neuman helping the team, collecting data, maintaining VFs and stuff, and maybe a cameo of Algus Selzer.

Do you really want to geriatric Lynn Kaifun? From what understand the region of Rim is filled with crooks and pirates.

We don't know how far relative to each other Macross 11, Zola and Macross 9 is. Which would be fum that that there are locals instead of in the middle nowhere.

Oh yeah Loschier could have escaped the Galaxy Patrol and still selling black market VFs and reaction weponry.

Dude, it's dead set on, Macross fleet/NUNS vs Space pirates, as we can see, they are no mean a small faction in the Macross 7 Dynamite, I expect they are already expanded a lot by now and It'd be fun to see next-gen VFs vs lousy custom VFs of the pirate faction.

I seriously hate Kaifun, but let's just have him there so we can make fun of him one more time. And after all, he's searching for Lin Minmei (and the Megaroad 01).

No, I think it's just Shinsei Industry that was behind the YF-24 Evolution's development, there's no source to this following claim but I believe it's General Galaxy (who funded Macross Galaxy) was the one who adapted the YF-24 into Lucifer VF-27 (because it's pretty much a next-gen YF-21/VF-22).

So yeah, in this OVA, we get to see a grown up Yang Neuman helping the team, collecting data, maintaining VFs and stuff, and maybe a cameo of Algus Selzer.

Translation by Gubaba

Macross Chronicle

Mechanic Sheet

Macross Frontier: Citizen Sheet 02A: VF-25S

Documentation of Use

Using the YF-24 Evolution, jointly designed by Shinsei Industry and General Galaxy, as a base, the VF-25 was created specially by the Shinsei Factory on the Macross Frontier Fleet and the LAI Corporation. Although further developments of the YF-24 exist on other Emigration Fleets, Frontier's VF-25/MF25 is one that can truly be given a new model number. In 2057, the fighter's maiden flight was performed at the orbital base of Messiah025 (the third planet of the M55 System) by the Uraga Class Carrier "Shanghai III." In 2059, testing was conducted by S.M.S. on the Frontier Fleet. That same year, when Frontier encountered the Vajra, Skull Squadron was assembled to try the fighters in actual combat. Of the VF-25 models, the S-Type is the command unit, reserved for high-performance combat operations.

It was Shinsei who merely licensed the YF-24 Evolution design to LAI. LAI created a whole new VF out of the YF-24. LAI also customised General Galaxy's VF-171 Nightmare Plus to the VF-171EX Nightmare Plus.

I don't think it is General Galaxy that funded Macross Galaxy since they have a nitch market in steath Valkyries.

I think it is more likely Macross Galaxy corporation came from the individuals that make up Macross Consortium. It fits since they make the best of the best. Freelance scientists funded by the NUNG. Now they went on private venture with nefarious plans.

V-9 Ghost is a descendant of the X-9 Ghost without the restriction protocols. Didn't it seemed odd that General Gomez wanted piloted fighters phased out in Macross Plus?

AI and Memory transfer technology first seen with Sharon Apple.

Mind control pioneered with Sharon Apple.

Massive holographics with Ranka's image is reminicent of Sharon Apple's hologram.

Of course it isn't the first time a bad company is involved in an attempt to take over the NUN. The Critical Path Corporation joined Vindirance terrorists and UN Spacy officer Wilbur Garland's conspiracy.

Dude, it's dead set on, Macross fleet/NUNS vs Space pirates, as we can see, they are no mean a small faction in the Macross 7 Dynamite, I expect they are already expanded a lot by now and It'd be fun to see next-gen VFs vs lousy custom VFs of the pirate faction.

I seriously hate Kaifun, but let's just have him there so we can make fun of him one more time. And after all, he's searching for Lin Minmei (and the Megaroad 01).

Not NUNS specifically perhaps more on the underfunded Galaxy Patrol vs pirates with a evil boss who is in public a sqeeky clean philantrophist.

Perhaps a competition with the local SMS branch. Cops and PMC. NUNS is another group altogether as they are bonifide military.

this time the pirates can be the good guy's though fighting against the tyranny of the New UNG and they'd fly around in valks that are have big skulls on them and fight with cutlasses and gunpods that look like muskets and they'd have capes and...

wait, where have I heard this before?

oh... how about we don't do pirates. <_<

you know what they really need to do, they need to do a macross movie, but put it on earth and make it super serious. make it focused more on heavy character introspection rather than singing and robots. and have Mamoru Oshii direct it.

that would be a F**king trip.

you know what they really need to do, they need to do a macross movie, but put it on earth and make it super serious. make it focused more on heavy character introspection rather than singing and robots. and have Mamoru Oshii direct it.

that would be a F**king trip.

If you want that, why don't you just watch some of his already existing films? While I'm a great fan of his work myself, they aren't Macross, and I've no real desire to see a forced merging of the two.

this time the pirates can be the good guy's though fighting against the tyranny of the New UNG and they'd fly around in valks that are have big skulls on them and fight with cutlasses and gunpods that look like muskets and they'd have capes and...

wait, where have I heard this before?

oh... how about we don't do pirates. <_<

Oh come on, you know the story can be fleshed out differently, but even if it's like that, Cr*ssb*ne G*nd*m is awesome so why not? You know you'd like to see Valk in cool pirate getup.

i think its time for another planet side story with a (don't hate me for saying it) mature lesbian story in our triangle

You don't really have to announce your proclivities with every single post on the board.

MacPlus was awesome though, so I would like another planet based Macross OVA that's heavier on the attitude and lighter on the ecological brainwashing that was Macross Zero--- but with the aerial battles of Macross Zero.