Poll: Is your Bandai DX 1/60 VF-25 broken or perfect?

eriku

Is your Bandai DX 1/60 VF-25 broken or perfect?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain or Mole Hill?

• Mine is Broken
    • Mine is Perfect

Broken screws? Easily scuffed paint? Joints too loose? Joints too tight? No complaints? Cast your vote.

This poll probably isn't very necessary but the results and comments should at least be interesting.

For the record, my VF-25F only suffers from a loose groin peg but is otherwise perfect.

Edited by eriku

My Alto's shoulder screw exploded straight out of the box, during the first transformation from fighter to gerwalk. Luckily half of the screw was sticking out, so I managed to twist that out and replace it with another one. Other than that, the shoulder joint is extremely tight.

Paint chipping: Mine is still mint! :) I try not to let the thigh intakes touch any of the paint on the body section. So far so good.

Getting Ozuma Lee's VF-25 this week (hopefully), and will replace the shoulder screws the moment I take him out of the box.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Well if this poll is set up for comparison with the VF-1 v2 then I guess that doesn't really matter since the situation will end up the same (people owning multiples but only voting once)

I did copy the format of Miriya's VF-1 V2 poll, but no, this is not meant to compare the VF-25 to the 1/60 VF1 V2.

MacrossWorld polls are meant for fun, their results should not be taken too seriously.

This. :)

Alright, I tried to include some other options for people who have more than one. Still not really an 'accurate' count, but it's closer. Let me know if it it too muddled now or if you have any other suggestions.

Edited by eriku

Well, obviously I'm not voting because I don't own any. But, since I'm talkative and always have something to say...

But the reason I'm not voting is because to me - these are "broken in box" - in the sense that all of the Ozmas have twisted antenas. And I do mean ALL OF THEM. Not "one out of two" or "the first production batch" but all of them. I haven't seen any non-twisted antenna Ozma's - other than people who used a blow drier on him...

It doesn't help either that the under-wing panel lining is non-existent and that the whole thing looks to have a cheap plastic finish to it.

All of these factors make it "broken" in my eyes - a broken opportunity.

But I'm not mad at Bandai.

I should finally have my 1/72 Ozma quite soon and hopefully will be able to show it the love and attention that the DXs were not shown.

Pete

I would say it's a bit muddled. Maybe stick with two options, broken or not, and let people clarify in their posts.

As for myself, I've two. Alto's and Ozma's. Neither are broken. The Ozma toy does have bent head lasers, and I agree with Pete that this is an issue. There's also the issue with the easily scuffed paint. I'm certainly noticing that.

Beyond that, well I have opinions about the toy itself, but they're neither here nor there. Whether or not your toy is broken, and whether or not you agree with the direction Bandai took the DX line in, are really enough for separate threads. The DX is what it is. Mine, at least, do what they do well, besides the aforementioned issues with the head lasers and paint.

Well, obviously I'm not voting because I don't own any. But, since I'm talkative and always have something to say...

But the reason I'm not voting is because to me - these are "broken in box" - in the sense that all of the Ozmas have twisted antenas. And I do mean ALL OF THEM. Not "one out of two" or "the first production batch" but all of them. I haven't seen any non-twisted antenna Ozma's - other than people who used a blow drier on him...

It doesn't help either that the under-wing panel lining is non-existent and that the whole thing looks to have a cheap plastic finish to it.

All of these factors make it "broken" in my eyes - a broken opportunity.

But I'm not mad at Bandai.

I should finally have my 1/72 Ozma quite soon and hopefully will be able to show it the love and attention that the DXs were not shown.

Pete

Your hatred of the DX is quite irrational, IMO. The head lasers are easily fixed, you said so yourself. The underwing panel lining is more than sufficient, and it is certainly more detailed than my Yamato 1/60 YF-19. The glossy finish is certainly on-par for what Bandai intended the DX to be, a TOY, and is no different from the Yamato 1/72 offerings.

More than that, if you are going to be so nit-picky about the DX, you will certainly be disappointed by the model kit, since some parts won't fit together properly and it is less PT than the DX-- which is exacerbated once you consider the Super parts.

Fun fact: The instructions say: "Take care with the paint" or something to that affect. I'd say paint that chips easily, while a pain because it needs to be considered while posing, is hardly an issue of a broken toy. Well, unless it was like the Yammy 1/72 series where the paint would come rubbed off in the box! Same thing with bent rubber. Rubber bends, bend it back. The shoulders fall off because of a broken screw? That crap is broken. Eriku, seeing what became of your poll, I'd say that perhaps I was wrong to suggest more options... you guys were right, it's a just for fun thing anyway.

I would say it's a bit muddled. Maybe stick with two options, broken or not, and let people clarify in their posts.

Eriku, seeing what became of your poll, I'd say that perhaps I was wrong to suggest more options... you guys were right, it's a just for fun thing anyway.

Points well taken. The fat has been trimmed.

Unfortunately it is still counting the votes for the 'neither broken nor perfect' choice. I was hoping it would wipe those out and allow people to re-vote.

c'est la vie du net poll. :D

Edited by eriku

I didn't vote because I still don't own one, and this survey would help me make up my mind, design/accuracy issues aside. I have always been concerned about the paint chipping around the pieces with black and red stripes that inevitably rub against each other, although I am surprised that most of the paint chipping happens in the backplate?

How may of the "mine's broken" have paint issues? Thanks for your feedback.

I own 4. Two of each. All perfect QC-wise and I love them more than I thought I would. Anyone skipping these because they are not 100% perfect screen accurate carbon copies in every which way shape and form to what was shown in the anime is really missing out.

I didn't vote because I still don't own one, and this survey would help me make up my mind, design/accuracy issues aside. I have always been concerned about the paint chipping around the pieces with black and red stripes that inevitably rub against each other, although I am surprised that most of the paint chipping happens in the backplate?

As long as you move the legs carefully in battroid mode, the red/black stripes won't be affected at all, no matter how many times you transform it. The backplate is mostly because there is no other convenient way to hold the battroid mode. Other than that, no other parts are really affected by the paint wear for me! I second SuperDimensionalDave-- don't knock it unless you got it!

Yeah, just try to avoid rubbing painted parts together and you should be fine. Before hearing about the paint issue I had already transformed mine a few times, fairly roughly, and there were no scratches, so maybe some have more delicate paint than others, or just by chance the painted parts didn't make contact during my transformations.

The only bummer for me is the groin peg. It's become so loose that battroid mode doesn't hold together anymore and the top half just flops backward. This seems to be a problem mostly on mine as I haven't really read any other complaints where it's as bad as mine. I've taken it apart to inspect the parts and they all seem to be perfectly fine (no cracks or breaks or even wear). I guess when the parts on mine were molded they were just a fraction of a hair off and that's all it took to make them not fit together properly. It's easily fixed with a bit of tape or glue, but it's still a fairly significant niggle.

That's weird, since my VF-25F has not had any groin problems. I guess you could just coat it with a layer of super glue and let it dry to tighten things up.

This seems to be a problem mostly on mine as I haven't really read any other complaints where it's as bad as mine. It's easily fixed with a bit of tape or glue, but it's still a fairly significant niggle.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

just transfromed my vf-25s, he is just fine except for a bit loose left arm, other that his pretty ok. heavier than yf-19. since all joints are very tight, got to be careful when posing them. hm.......... i think he has long sexy legs :D:D:D

havent played with my vf-25f. fo those of you who havent got one of this go get one its worth your money.

cant wait for the rvf-25 and the vf-25g :rolleyes:

@ eriku

Mine had the same problem and as edwin said, apply a thin layer of superglue to the crotch part where the peg goes in. Mine now holds very tight after multiple transformations.

lol there's so many innuendos here.

@ eriku

Mine had the same problem and as edwin said, apply a thin layer of superglue to the crotch part where the peg goes in. Mine now holds very tight after multiple transformations.

lol there's so many innuendos here.

I ended up putting a layer of clear nail polish on the peg that flips out. So far so good! B))

How many of the "Mine's perfect" for that matter? Mine both have the paint issue, but while I consider it an issue, I don't consider either of them to be "broken" per-se.