If you could have any macross pilot for a wingman-

Raven21

Heya guys,Don't see an introduction thread here,

But,here I am,the Standard-issue noob :p

'Been watching macross for awhile now,It all started with robotech(Now,before you guys break out the pitchforks and

torches,rest assured,that was when I was in elementary school,Nowadays,I know Macross is the real deal,And It rocks hard!)

Well,anyway,

Back on-topic,If you could have any macross pilot covering you in battle,who would it be?

For me,It'd be Hikaru ichijo,

The guys the type to look out for his buddies,you know?

P.S:Any Ace combat/flight sim fans here?

Kakizaki. If someone's gotta die, he's going first.

Good point. My ideal fleet would be me, Kakizaki, Physica, Gilliam, and Luca. All of them would get killed except Luca, but Luca would be damaged so badly that he'd need someone to rescue him and carry him back to the ship.

And that someone would have to be me.

Kakizaki. If someone's gotta die, he's going first.

"I've seen this movie before, the Kakizaki always dies first!!"

Anyhoo, for me it would be Millia. Definitely Millia. If only for the R&R time after combat ^_^ Oh, need a back massage? I'm so there!

Vostok 7

Heya guys,Don't see an introduction thread here,

But,here I am,the Standard-issue noob :p

'Been watching macross for awhile now,It all started with robotech(Now,before you guys break out the pitchforks and

torches,rest assured,that was when I was in elementary school,Nowadays,I know Macross is the real deal,And It rocks hard!)

Well,anyway,

Back on-topic,If you could have any macross pilot covering you in battle,who would it be?

For me,It'd be Hikaru ichijo,

The guys the type to look out for his buddies,you know?

P.S:Any Ace combat/flight sim fans here?

Focker all the way...great instructor and leader. better to have your mentor fly next to you in combat.

Good point. My ideal fleet would be me, Kakizaki, Physica, Gilliam, and Luca. All of them would get killed except Luca, but Luca would be damaged so badly that he'd need someone to rescue him and carry him back to the ship.

What no Captain Kinryu?

Nah, with my luck he'd just get his spiritia sucked out, and I'd have to carry HIM back to base, as well as Luca.

And all the time, he'd be screaming, "WOMAN! It's a WOMAN!!" which would get old really quick.

Oh come on the next time your fleet is in a pinch he'll fly an armored Valkyrie, in a hospital gown, and blow up the enemy's main gun while singing Tousugeki Love Heart.

A GAR Death. :ph34r:

I would have thought you would use that chance to get rid of him and secure your chances with Nanase even further.

As for me. I would take Guld,Isamu,Kakizaki,Max,Millia,Micheal, and Klan-Klan for wing mates.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Ok, think night on the town and who is the ideal wingman...hmm:

Hikaru: Would take him to long to spot the right girl, so that's a no

Focker: He'd take both girls for a ride, no again

Alto: To many guys hitting on him to do his job: nope

Max: Hmm, only does his job if the friends a green-haired gamer: no

Gamlin: err... that would be evil: pass

Luca: Doubt he makes it past the door with his fake ID: nope

Guld Bowman: Usefull but he would take his job to seriously, poor girl: too risky

Lolicon3: hmm, not much chance running in to bridge bunnies I guess: nope

Kakizaki: He will take anything of your hands: Perfect! We have a winner

Edited by Bri

I choose Michel with his sniping ability or Brera with his inhuman reflexes, I need a wingman who can cover me while I'm in battle. ^_^

I was going to choose Brera too, but I think Guld could take him out if he pushed himself to his limit.

I was going to choose Brera too, but I think Guld could take him out if he pushed himself to his limit.

I doubt it...Guld barely beat the Ghost, and since the VF-25 would have the YF-21 backed against the wall pretty quick, I'm betting the 27 could do the same or better.

Brera would overall be the better wingman, I think...he was a jerk, he had issues, he's got crappy hair, but at least you know he won't have psychotic breakdowns while flying next to you.

I don't think Brera was that good of a pilot. He was just more physically capable because his cyborgness when combined with the 27 allowed performance outside human reach.

with further thought i would have to take isamu he is the good kind of crazy. he can do the impossible purely believes he can.

No, I don't think Brera was all that good, either (if he were really all that, he would've fried Alto more than once), but his cyborg-ness (cyborg-ity?) coupled with his fighter's capabilities...well, Guld and the YF-21 are just outclassed.

I doubt it...Guld barely beat the Ghost, and since the VF-25 would have the YF-21 backed against the wall pretty quick, I'm betting the 27 could do the same or better.

Brera would overall be the better wingman, I think...he was a jerk, he had issues, he's got crappy hair, but at least you know he won't have psychotic breakdowns while flying next to you.

What if Guld was in the VF-27? This would be after he got over his psychotic breakdown of course. When I was choosing I had it my mind my respective wingmen would be in the latest or upgraded valks. And Brera wasnt so much a jerk after the slave chip was broken. He seemed somewhat humble.

No, I don't think Brera was all that good, either (if he were really all that, he would've fried Alto more than once), but his cyborg-ness (cyborg-ity?) coupled with his fighter's capabilities...well, Guld and the YF-21 are just outclassed.

Macross Ace Frontier disagrees with you. ;)

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

What if Guld was in the VF-27? This would be after he got over his psychotic breakdown of course. When I was choosing I had it my mind my respective wingmen would be in the latest or upgraded valks. And Brera wasnt so much a jerk after the slave chip was broken. He seemed somewhat humble.

If Guld were turned into a cyborg...well, then yeah, he'd probably run rings around Brera.

Macross Ace Frontier disagrees with you. ;)

Hmmm...Macross Chronicle makes it quite clear that the VF-25 is vastly superior to anything that came before it, and I'm guessing that the VF-27 is in a similar or better league; so yes, it's guesswork on my part...but...

I haven't played Ace Frontier...how reliable is it as a source of info? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.)

If Guld were turned into a cyborg...well, then yeah, he'd probably run rings around Brera.

Hmmm...Macross Chronicle makes it quite clear that the VF-25 is vastly superior to anything that came before it, and I'm guessing that the VF-27 is in a similar or better league; so yes, it's guesswork on my part...but...

I haven't played Ace Frontier...how reliable is it as a source of info?(I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.)

I was beaing a smartass. :lol:

Not very reliable. If your good enough and upgraded your valk, you can take out a VF-27 with a VF-1 brownie, hell probly a Spartan too. B))

Ok, think night on the town and who is the ideal wingman...hmm:

Max: Hmm, only does his job if the friends a green-haired gamer: no

Actually, in SDFM, Hikaru even brought Max along to minmay's birthday as his "wingman". but Max impressed the girl too much, leaving Hikaru the odd man out. So you're right, as a wingman, Max is a definite NO! :p

Me, i think Michael's the ultimate wingman. He's enough of a player to help you out, but doesn't steal the girl out from under you.

As for the combat wingman, i'd agree with choosing Brera. provided he's not under compulsory control of Grace, that is... :p

Milia. I can sabotage her valk before going out so that it breaks down. Then she'll have to squeeze into my cockpit for the long ride home.

Make it Sheryl. She'll crash her own valkyrie, so you don't have to risk being discovered sabotaging anything. Even better, no risk of a jealous Max when you get back. :)