A-Team movie to hit theatres in 2010

Bowen

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/artic...4931406,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7856758.stm

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0662023/

What do you guys think?

I've read they want to adapt it to feature Middle-East veterans in stead of Vietnam veterans, and want it to be a serious movie, not something campy...

I'll remain sceptical for now, especially with the director of Smoking Aces on board, but the fact that Ridley Scott and Stephen J. Cannell are on board as producers gives me some hope :unsure:

Edited by Bowen

Wow, the A-team. I remember watching that show in prime time when i was kid and seeing the live action show at Universal studios in the 80's. But hey its Ridley Scott, ALIEN, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down.... who knows maybe he can pull it off.

Cause i pitty the foo who don't like the A-team!!!!!!!!

I remember the A-Team before Dirk Benedict became Faceman...

er... I mean my dad use to tell me that...

Actually I think an A-Team movie could work especially with Ridley Scott being at the helm. Its not like that guy who made Batman & Robin fruity. What part of the world could this take place?

Actually the article said that Joe Carnahan will direct... not Ridley.

I remember the A-Team before Dirk Benedict became Faceman...

er... I mean my dad use to tell me that...

Actually the article said that Joe Carnahan will direct... not Ridley.

Yeah, Face was played by someone else (don't remember his name) in the two-part pilot. Dirk Benedict was in it from the second episode on I believe IIRC

Man, been at least 4 years since I last saw an episode...

Well, there have been rumblings about a possible sequel to BLADE RUNNER and apparently Mr Scott has said that he would be interested in directing it.

We should start a thread for "Sequels that we don't need"!

Taksraven

What part of the world could this take place?

The USA of course. They're vets who become mercenaries and fight the real enemy - namely the government that sent them into a jinned up excuse for a war and also fight to protect people in America from bad guys in local settings - and they usually manage to pull it off without killing anybody, instead using good old fashioned American ingenuity and whit.

If done right, this movie would be AWESOME.

I am a BIG A-Team fan because I think the basic premise of the movie was sound - it was like a classic American western with vigilantee pioneers always doing what was right.

Although - of course - nothing can top The Man who Shot Liberty Valance with the dynamic duo of JOHN WAYNE and JIMMY STEWART.

If you haven't seen it - you're missin' out dude :)

Meanwhile; hope the A-Team gets made. I would see it and buy it and chear it on.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I think that it would be really good as long as it stays true to the original series. (ie, the good guys firing millions of rounds from their automatic weapons and not hitting one bad guy.)

C'mon, the original sucked.

Taksraven

Yeah, Face was played by someone else (don't remember his name) in the two-part pilot. Dirk Benedict was in it from the second episode on I believe IIRC

Man, been at least 4 years since I last saw an episode...

Faceman was originally played by Tim Dunigan on the pilot, but was replaced by Dirk Benedict for a varying number of reasons; the official being that he looked much too young to be an ex-Vietnam vet. One rumored reason was that he was too tall, and nobody's supposed to be taller than B.A.

isnt Murdock dead in the show?

No, the only ((semi-)main) character to ever die was General Fullbright (I think that was his name...), the A-Team all survived the entire show.

In real life George Peppard (Hannibal) has passed on quite a while ago though...

I watched an episode the other day... That show was retarded. About as good as the Dukes of Hazard. The nostalgia evaporated about 2 min into the episode I watched. So this thing could go in one of two directions and still be good:

1. Its a commedy. Like the Dukes of Hazard movie, or Starsky and Hutch. Could be amusing.

2. Its a 'serious as a heartack' movie about 4 former special forces dudes, and one of them is a black guy who wears tons of gold. The similarities would have to stop there. This version would compare with movies like Heat, and the Bourne Identity. It would be the A team in name only.

The A-Team was retarded?

It isn't retard. It is just mindless, violence that is safe for kids.

Well Boy George did make an appearance in that one rather disturbing episode. Where he asked to borrow B.A.'s chains to tie up this suspected nude model/thief. They should never aired the episode.

The A-Team was retarded?

It isn't retard. It is just mindless, violence that is safe for kids.

Well Boy George did make an appearance in that one rather disturbing episode. Where he asked to borrow B.A.'s chains to tie up this suspected nude model/thief. They should never aired the episode.

When we were kids it was cool, but watch an episode now.. Just lame.

When we were kids it was cool, but watch an episode now.. Just lame.

Same goes for Knight Rider, original Galactica, Buck Rogers, Magnum PI, Space Academy...etc.

Actually, I have found that the one type of program that often does stand the test of time well from adolescence to adulthood often IS anime.

Taksraven