Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Ver. 2

logos

How Many will you buy?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How Many will you buy?

• 1 - Thats enough for me!
    • 2 - If they start selling the heads seperatly that's all I'll need.
    • 4 - 1 of each version! I don't need your stinking colors!
    • 17 - One of everykind Baby! (edit: now there is TV/DYRL Max and Kakisaki so it's 19 now..)
    • 18 - Squadron Status you know I had to have it!
    • 0 - Who cares about 1/60s!? (I put this here cause I screwed up)
    • 19+ I have to own duplicates so I can show each version in Batroid, Gerwalk & Fighter Mode!

I would be in for the normal regult, one missile (that comes with BOTH missile options), recon and the Glaug.

They MUST come with removable, posable pilots. And I would think the pilots need to come at least to the top of the VF-1 v.2 chest to be correct.

That is one Big Glaug. Maybe $250.00. Add in a limited edition with space booster and we're prob around $350 or more.

Somehow I would find a way to get them all though . . .

Seeing as to how Yamato re-issued the 1/60 Q-Rau Millia without the figure inside, I'm not too sure if we would be getting a 1/60 Zentradi soldier... but it would rock if we could!

VF-1D: Did it ever have packs? I'll prob just grab it as a standalone valk and display it naked in fighter mode anyhow but if there is a definative release I would want it

No. Not the one in the Pilot episode, though there are probably different 1Ds in space thru the series.

TV-1A MAX/Kakizaki: Same as above .

No, by the time the Fast Packs come out, Hikaru is piloting the Skull One after Roy's death. Kakizaki also dies and the next time Max flies a VF he is in his new VF-1J.

VF-1A MAX/Kakizaki, I would have thought they would come bundled with the same extras as the VF-1A Hikaru but have not seen any sign of this. I can work around this buying standalone kits if I feel the need

VF-1S Max: also no sign of a strike pack version (this would have been the most likely candidate to have a full bundled version).

Sorry for taking this off track but I think my answer to the poll is "ALL OF THEM" and I'm looking to round out my collection as effectively as possible.

Hikaru's Red and white VF-1J never had the Fast Pack armors in the series either but Yamato has always made it available with the TV FPs. So there might be a possibility you'll see the others come in a bundle.

Apart fm first 1S Focker & the 3 Hikaru 1A/J/S, there will be no fast packs included for all next coming releases.

But I guess fast packs may be back again for 1J Max/Millia (not announced yet), just like the previous 1/48 releases.

I may have missed something, but how do you know they arent going to release a fast pack bundle set for the Max 1S?

Ok, someone did a mockup a long time ago of a Millia TV VF-1A, done up like Max and Kakizaki's TV type 1A's. It was also discussed between CYS and I that it might have shown up during the video game battle between Max and Millia, but don't have proof.

Can anyone confirm it? Because I think that would make a really cool scheme that I'd like to see in the 1/60 line. White main body, with red arms and legs.

Ok, someone did a mockup a long time ago of a Millia TV VF-1A, done up like Max and Kakizaki's TV type 1A's. It was also discussed between CYS and I that it might have shown up during the video game battle between Max and Millia, but don't have proof.

Can anyone confirm it? Because I think that would make a really cool scheme that I'd like to see in the 1/60 line. White main body, with red arms and legs.

Yea, I think that scheme did, in fact, show up in the video game scene. Cool! And here I thought there were no more "canon" valk schemes left to identify...

If the version 2.0 1/60s make their way through every scheme that appears in the series and DYRL, then duplicates the non-canon schemes they've already released in 1/48, we'll have a veritable "Baskin Robbins." 31 flavors!

Yeah I get giddy about all the versions even with a bad economy. The exchange sucks now for my dollar but considering the VF-1s are only $90US its not a major pain every time I think about buying one.

As to Zentraidi Battle pods. I hope they could keep them under $150 (there's no transformation so we can hope!?!?!). I think one of the reasons the 1/60s are so popular is the price point. Although to finally have a Glaug and Reguld.......... :D

Does anyone know if Yamato has the rights to make Glaugs or Regulds?

Edited by logos

Well took the plunge and orderd the VF-1D and the VF-1J today. :D Let's see a YF-21, 2 VF-1s, Flexi Stands and 2 replacement shoulder for my Vf-1S.....oh my god what have I done! :o ...at least I won't get charged for the VF-1s till they ship, which is whenever the VF-1D is actually released this month. Dear god please let it be the end of the month! :p

I guess no Xbox 360 games for awhile....or meat.......poo. :mellow:

Edited by logos

I just bought the 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru from Overdrive, I am not sure but it has been released already right or did I just preorder it?

It's been already released!!

Just a few days and it will be at your doorstep ^_^

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Wow... thats really saturating the market. I wonder why Yamato is doing this? Spreading out the releases would probably increase the total number of purchases?

It seems they're riding the coattails of the MacrossF fever and gaining more momentum by having more products available. Plus it helps them to secure more sale than Bandai by having more variety available.

Well, its a whole 'variety' of VF-1 re-colors. After a certain point people are just going to get tired of it. I'd agree if they were releasing say, a few different valks even if they are all re-colours, say 2 VF-1 re-colours, a YF-19 re-colour, VF-0 and SV-51 All that VF re-colour, for example. But 5 seperate re-colours of the VF-1 released all in the same month? That's just abit much in my opinion. Of course, I could just be less of a VF-1 fanatic than most people around here. ^_^

Well, its a whole 'variety' of VF-1 re-colors. After a certain point people are just going to get tired of it. I'd agree if they were releasing say, a few different valks even if they are all re-colours, say 2 VF-1 re-colours, a YF-19 re-colour, VF-0 and SV-51 All that VF re-colour, for example. But 5 seperate re-colours of the VF-1 released all in the same month? That's just abit much in my opinion. Of course, I could just be less of a VF-1 fanatic than most people around here. ^_^

It's not just that these are re-colors...these are canon schemes, unlike the 1/48 with the Stealth, LV Air and LV Woodland Camo. Also, let's not forget the LV Woodland Camo GBP-1S, Urban Camo GBP-1S and the Strike/Super Stealth Pack. I'm glad that they're making these at least now folks can stop complaining about what's not available and just put their monies where there mouth is.

Hopefully, with what Yamato gains in sales from these 1/60 V.2s they can create a whole new 1/48 (or 1/32) VF-1 that would have everything anyone could want.

I for one will not complete this line. I think I will just get the VF-1D (to join my Roy) and that's it. The 1/60 V.2 is okay, but 1/48 is still a much better platform.

I have to agree. I like the fact that I have 1/60 VF-1s to go with my 1/60 YF-19, YF-21 and VF-0. Keeping it common makes it more attractive as a collector IMO.

Oh and I don't think Yamato is expecting everyone to buy every single valk (just some of us ubber Otakus how have NO impluse control! :p ). People are going to buy the schemes they like and ignore the rest. For example I love the DYRL VF-1As and will probably pick those up over the TV VF-1As....

Demon on my shoulder: "The TV ones look so cool in batroid mode though!" :wacko:

Angel:"Stop it! Remember what you said about impulse control?" :p

Anyways I think you also have to remember that at this price point ($90US)I can see why they are releasing mutilple versions. If they where priced the same as the 1/48s I would probably only see myself picking up 1 or 2. With the 1/60s I have 1 (with 2 on order) and I can see myself picking up another 2 or 3 latter this spring or in the summer. Crap I can pick up 2 or 3 VF-1s for the price I just paid for a YF-21! That's pretty fricken attractive no matter how cool the YF-21 is (VF-22 is cooler though ;) ).

I am not going to collect the whole line just what I like....if I can control myself! ^_^ Besides they are just repaints, basically, so it's not like it's costing Yamato a whole bunch to produce and it keeps, some of us at least, salivating over the next one they are going to release. I personally think the CF VF-1J looks awesome! Now I just need a release date............

OH and I love those huge 1/48s but, like I said, I just don't think they would look right with my other valks.

Edited by logos

what other color schemes can be done for the 1S

aside from roy's, hikaru's and max's? the 1J has

a cannon fodder and stealth while the 1A has a lot

of other schemes.

i don't like the color scheme of the roy, hikaru

and max and i was wishing there was something else.