VF-25 reference pics...

akt_m

Just testing, rendering. Until now it has 80k+ triangles. That's a lot higher than any work i did before. Maybe it's time to upgrade from 2gb to more, had to downgrade all the textures to half. Does anyone know if there is any way to use 4gb at Windows Xp 32bit??? Tried to use vista once but it made me stressed.

post-180-1234988763_thumb.jpg

post-180-1234995833_thumb.png

Edited by akt_m

Awesome.

I'm almost certain I've seen an 8Gb rig on XP 32, but I'm not certain. I assume you can use it. I know Vista 32 can...

Anyway, 80K puts it at the same caliber as a video game model. They're pretty good. This is, in no way, the best I've seen, but it's damn good. The best I've seen was probably a plane in FSX and it ran 140K triangles...

Keep it up, Akt M!

I don't think anyone can use more than 4gb with a 32bit OS, the limit should be 2^32 = 4gb. There is windows xp 64bit, but seems there is no driver for it. Just for Vista 64bit...

My dad's rig, which is running Vista 32, has been explicitly stated to be able to upgrade to 8Gb, leaving all else stock, so I know it's possible.

Well, just a warning, 80k is pretty standard for stuff like MS Flight Sim now, but you won't find stuff like that in combat sims. MSFS only has one important plane on screen at a time really, so that one plane can be incredibly detailed. Combat sims aren't so forgiving, usually sticking in the 20k-30k range I think.. maybe even less, depending on whether they're meant for online play. The models in that new HAWX game don't look nearly that detailed.

Well, just a warning, 80k is pretty standard for stuff like MS Flight Sim now, but you won't find stuff like that in combat sims. MSFS only has one important plane on screen at a time really, so that one plane can be incredibly detailed. Combat sims aren't so forgiving, usually sticking in the 20k-30k range I think.. maybe even less, depending on whether they're meant for online play. The models in that new HAWX game don't look nearly that detailed.

Ace Combat 6, which can run hundreds of AI-controlled models at once, uses 80-90s. HAWX is HAX. Completely overrated. AC6 owns it. :)

Besides, have you ever been in an online server on FSX, running several instances of the same high-poly plane because the stupid thing used it as the replacement for the ones you don't have? My PC lags, but the engine never crashes...

XP 32 can only use up to 3.2 Gb rather than the 4 Gb maximum for 32 bit systems. I'm not sure if Vista has the same limitations but IIRC it does. Your design looks great though so I wouldn't worry too much about upping the triangle count. The landing gear looks a little spindly though.

Edited by edwin3060

I'm not sure but i guess poly count doesn't increase that much the usage of RAM. I still have to add bump maps, but my system is already reaching the limits. I have yet to test how it looks in gerwalk or battroid mode.

Sorry MegaX but this model i wont' be releasing. :p

Edited by akt_m

Ace Combat 6, which can run hundreds of AI-controlled models at once, uses 80-90s. HAWX is HAX. Completely overrated. AC6 owns it. :)

*nods* Agreed.. Although, I still prefer all the previous AC games to 6 (stupid expensive DLC for that game just ruined it for me). The graphics in that are just beautiful though, comes with being a next-gen console game.

HAWX does have 2 advantages to me though, mainly aircraft selection (AC6's blew chunks compared with the previous AC games) and the fact that there's a PC version, so I can use my HOTAS/pedals. Also, there's the hope that it'll be hacked to bits by the game community, and modded like crazy (it's got a Harrier, all we gotta do is use that as a base for a VF with gerwalk included :))

That model's really turning out nice.. I wish I had a good set of plan views of the VF-25 though, any chance you can render some orthographic top/side/bottom/front/back views when it's done?

Btw, I don't think you mentioned it, but which program are you building this in? If it's 3DS Max, I know a few tweaks to get it to run better system-wise. Polygons rarely produce much load, it's the more complex stuff like splines that really bog the system down for me. Well, that, and I tend to draw my base textures in 2048*2048 resolution. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

*nods* Agreed.. Although, I still prefer all the previous AC games to 6 (stupid expensive DLC for that game just ruined it for me). The graphics in that are just beautiful though, comes with being a next-gen console game.

HAWX does have 2 advantages to me though, mainly aircraft selection (AC6's blew chunks compared with the previous AC games) and the fact that there's a PC version, so I can use my HOTAS/pedals. Also, there's the hope that it'll be hacked to bits by the game community, and modded like crazy (it's got a Harrier, all we gotta do is use that as a base for a VF with gerwalk included :))

That model's really turning out nice.. I wish I had a good set of plan views of the VF-25 though, any chance you can render some orthographic top/side/bottom/front/back views when it's done?

Btw, I don't think you mentioned it, but which program are you building this in? If it's 3DS Max, I know a few tweaks to get it to run better system-wise. Polygons rarely produce much load, it's the more complex stuff like splines that really bog the system down for me. Well, that, and I tend to draw my base textures in 2048*2048 resolution. ^_^

AC6 wins best graphics. I almost fainted on my first playthrough. However, Zero and 5 had the best stories...

AC6 supports an XBox HOTAS, albeit with no pedals.

HAWX, as I said, is HAX. Tom Clancy should stick to shooters, not RTS and Air Combat. Leave the Tom Clancy name to Splinter Cell and Rainbox Six, knowwhatImean? HAWX is not that good a game.

AC6 wins best graphics. I almost fainted on my first playthrough. However, Zero and 5 had the best stories...

AC6 supports an XBox HOTAS, albeit with no pedals.

HAWX, as I said, is HAX. Tom Clancy should stick to shooters, not RTS and Air Combat. Leave the Tom Clancy name to Splinter Cell and Rainbox Six, knowwhatImean? HAWX is not that good a game.

zero was the best game over all, but I still think 4 was the best story period. it wasn't over the top like the others. it was about the silent rivalry between two pilots who never meet except for in the air, but understand each other better than any other person could. it's simple, effective and wonderful.

I wonder if they can mod HAWX on the PC to fix the god awful camera angles. WHY MUST MY CAMERA BE A MILE FROM MY PLANE AND TO THE SIDE!?!?!?!!??!

I'll probebly get HAWX when it comes out but it's just short of being the most disappointing demo I've played this year and it's only because I expected so much from the RE5 demo, and it sucked.

Just testing, rendering. Until now it has 80k+ triangles. That's a lot higher than any work i did before. Maybe it's time to upgrade from 2gb to more, had to downgrade all the textures to half. Does anyone know if there is any way to use 4gb at Windows Xp 32bit??? Tried to use vista once but it made me stressed.

WOW !! great job !

Just get another 2Gb stick.

XP will only see 3Gb, but it's better than the two you currently have and your positioned if MS ever releases a less buggy OS than Vista. B))

BTW stunning work!!!

Edited by Zinjo

• 3 weeks later...

Thx!!

Now trying to transform!!!

The SMS logo is still mirrored... Need to fix the both arms animation, it is getting through the wings...

Can anyone explain how the shield ends attached to the left arm???? :blink: . Or the gunpod at its hands???

I'm not sure but i guess it is anime magic isn't it????  :lol:

post-180-1237002037_thumb.gif

Edited by akt_m

Thx!!

The SMS logo is still mirrored... Need to fix the both arms animation, it is getting through the wings...

Can anyone explain how the shield ends attached to the left arm???? :blink: . Or the gunpod at its hands???

I'm not sure but i guess it is anime magic isn't it???? :lol:

Amazing work! yep I think it is anime magic--- or linear actuators (magnetic), as they call it in the show :p

Just one minor quibble-- in Battroid mode your legs are position ala the DX toy-- they are actually supposed to shift their position lower on the crotch and further back as in the 1/72 model.

Thx!!

I'm not sure but i guess it is anime magic isn't it????  :lol:

Fantastic work akt_m! This is an amazing transformation sequence. There are some parts that need to be transformed a bit more to make the transformation more ideal, but this animation clearly shows how the VF-25F Messiah transforms in a vivid and easy to follow manner. I didn't understand how the ventral fuselage transformed until I looked at your animation! The angle you chose for the VF-25 was also very wise; it allows the viewer to see all the most important transforming parts. I am very impressed!

I'd love to host this animation in the VF-25F Messiah profile of my website as a transformation guide, if I may. And if you improve it, let me know so I can use the most recent, updated version, should I be allowed to host your work.

The shield probably rotates around to the side of the forearm and then slides upwards so it's mostly on the forearm and not over the hand. The gun pod might just remain connected until the Battroid hand grabs it or the pilot decides to detach it. Or who knows, perhaps the VF-25 Messiah has those small "magic hand" arms inside the forearm that position the gun pod into place.

Fantastic work akt_m! This is an amazing transformation sequence. There are some parts that need to be transformed a bit more to make the transformation more ideal, but this animation clearly shows how the VF-25F Messiah transforms in a vivid and easy to follow manner. I didn't understand how the ventral fuselage transformed until I looked at your animation! The angle you chose for the VF-25 was also very wise; it allows the viewer to see all the most important transforming parts. I am very impressed!

I'd love to host this animation in the VF-25F Messiah profile of my website as a transformation guide, if I may. And if you improve it, let me know so I can use the most recent, updated version, should I be allowed to host your work.

The shield probably rotates around to the side of the forearm and then slides upwards so it's mostly on the forearm and not over the hand. The gun pod might just remain connected until the Battroid hand grabs it or the pilot decides to detach it. Or who knows, perhaps the VF-25 Messiah has those small "magic hand" arms inside the forearm that position the gun pod into place.

Or it could be like MacZero.

"Come on, come on, make it in time!"

(...)

Don't start that fight here, please. NMC is generic enough.

What is an NMC? If you're referring to the Battle class ships at the front of New Macross Class vessels, then refer to it as such. If you're referring to something else, take the time and type it all out.

Hell, we see it on a Macroscopic scale with the NMCs.

Don't start that fight here, please. NMC is generic enough.

Isn't the Main gun on an NMC a self contained ship? that would make things a bit easier, the gun can just sail itself into the NMC's hand.

Thx for all the replies!!!

Thx.

I uploaded the video in avi: http://rapidshare.com/files/210313342/VF25TEST1.avi.html so you can use in your site.

If 10 ppl downloaded it before u, let me know so i will send the link by pm.

Should have a better quality than gif.

I'm still working on a updated version, until now this is the lastest rendered video i've made.

Edited by akt_m