Punisher: Warzone

chukissaki

Really wish a definitive, first class Punisher movie could be made. Guess this one was strike three. :(

I hear ya. Punisher deserves so much better than this. He's definitely become one of the "cautionary tales" about the horrors of book-to-film adaptations.

• 3 years later...

Yeah, I've seen it. Jane's 10-minute fan film is hands down THE BEST the Punisher has ever been in Live Action. I can only hope the film studios can become as excited by this as I am.

Edited by Mr March

I thought Tom Jane was a good Punisher and this proves it.

Just wish his first movie had a little less camp and more grit.

So how long before Marvel pulls this little gem from the net?

If Marvel's got any sense they'll capitalize on it. Apparently TJ's still interested in the part, and I too thought he was a great Punisher. I didn't mind the humour so much, but I can understand why others might have found it out of place. I always found the Punisher can be unrelentingly grim without a little relief here and there, beyond just black humour. Just don't give him a comic sidekick or something similarly excrutiating (... as shudder-inducing flashbacks of Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd flit through my brain).

That movie was pretty bad. I don't see how a short could prove that it can be done better the second time around. I actually like Ray Stevenson as the Punisher, but that movie sucked too. They pretty much ruined that franchise. If you guys want to see a good dark violent action, you should find Mel Gibson's new movie Get The Gringo. It was never released in theatres but it's out there. Maybe they should get that director the Punisher's reboot.