King of Fighters movie in 2010

bandit29

http://kotaku.com/5101163/king-of-fighters...ster+in+waiting

To refresh: Gordon Chan is directing a King of Fighters movie. Previously, details were scant, but today, details on the flick have surfaced. We wish they'd remained scant.

Seems filming has already begun in Canada, and the movie will star Maggie Q, Sean Faris, Will Yun Lee and Darth Maul himself, Ray Park. Those guys all have movie martial arts experience, that's the good news.

The bad news is this:

It also looks like the King of Fighters movie will introduce a new science fiction spin into the setting established in the games’ universe by following the surviving members of three legendary fighting clans who are continually whisked away to other dimensions by an evil power. As the fighters enter each new world they battle that universe’s native defenders, while the force that brought them seeks to find a way to invade and infect our world.

why? movies like this are all terrible :wacko:

Why does it sound like they're ripping off Mortal Kombat? Oh, because it was the only fighting game to have a decent movie attached to it. Still, as a fan of both series - What The F@ck!!!

It can't be as bad as DOA, can it? Why not just base the story off Fatal Fury or something. Why the lameass sci-fi spin?

It can't be as bad as DOA, can it?

No, it can't. Because Devon Aoki is the ugliest Asian woman on the planet, and seeing her as Kasumi kills you a little inside, but Maggie Q... get her a boob job, slap her in Mai's outfit, and suddenly KoF is worth at least a rental.

Edited by mikeszekely

0_o Wow........wha the hell.........if it's not something tossed with a horrible sci/fi twist, it's too Fight Clubish then?

Jesus.....why can't they just STICK to what these games or animes are actually about or just don't do it?

Man that pisses me off, they don't gain fans for it, they loose trust from them.

I LOVED the movie called uhh, Gof Armour of Mars, that was fantastic, thats as science fiction'y as you can get. So whatever, as long as Mai has big tits, and Terry Power Guyzers a whole car park into oblivion and they cast A PROPER (Muay)TAI ARTIST for Joe and not some hopeless pretty boy who can't throw a decent kick or knee, i'll be happy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 1 year later...

Here's a rundown of the cast:

Sean Faris (Jake in Never Back Down) as Kyo Kusanagi

Maggie Q (Nikita, Cao Ying in Three Kingdoms) as Mai Shiranui

Will Yun Lee (Major Lo in Red Dawn) as Iori Yagami

Ray Park (Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I, Snake Eyes in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) as Rugal Bernstein

Francoise Yip (Ms. Yutani in AvP: Requiem, Desiree in Caprica) as Chizuru Kagura

Hiro Kanegawa (Cyrus in Caprica, Dr. Ikegawa in The Day the Earth Stood Still) as Saisyu Kusanagi

David Leitch (former stunt double for Brad Pitt and Jean-Claude Van Damme) as Terry Bogard

Sam Hargrave as Ryo Sakazaki

Monique Ganderton (former stuntwoman for Famke Janssen and Kristanna Loken) as Mature

Bernice Liu as Vice

Just downloaded this movie. I haven't even gone past 40 minutes, and this has the biggest WTFs of all fighting game adaptations.

- The opening fight is in a virtual world through Mai's Bluetooth headset. WTF?

- Since Andy Bogard is not in the film, Mai is dating Iori Yagami, who appears to be a wealthy businessman.

- The movie focuses on three relics: The Kagura Mirror, the Yagami Necklace and the Kusanagi Sword. All three relics supposedly open a portal to the Orochi, which supposedly grants unlimited powers to whoever controls it.

- Rugal has to use guns to storm his way to stealing the relics. He also slashes Chizuru in the process.

- Rugal spits his own blood (and that of Chizuru, which was on the sword) on the necklace and mirror, teleporting him into another dimension. It is revealed, however, that the sword is a fake; and only Saisyu Kusanagi has the real sword. However, he's locked in a mental institution.

- Why does Kyo look like Tom Cruise?

- Terry Bogard is a CIA agent?!?

More BS to come...

WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Edited by areaseven

I just finished watching this movie and I must say that it makes Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li look like Inception. It makes Tekken and DOA: Dead or Alive look like The Godfather Parts I-II. It's so godawful, I can't give it an F, a bomb or a turkey. So I have devised the lowest possible rating.

Rating: Anomen_t.jpg

I just finished watching this movie and I must say that it makes Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li look like Inception. It makes Tekken and DOA: Dead or Alive look like The Godfather Parts I-II. It's so godawful, I can't give it an F, a bomb or a turkey. So I have devised the lowest possible rating.

Rating: Anomen_t.jpg

That be GAY Rating there.

HEY! Nothing wrong with D.O.A.

Also i find it amusing there was a /spoiler to hide the contents, like hell i will see this anyway. Maybe if i was catatonic.

Funny, just today i saw this for the 1st and amazingly not the last time - http://www.allouttabubblegum.com/main/?p=2479

He had a fricken laser beam attached to his wrist! American_Ninja_12.jpg

this movie actually deserved a look.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I have absolutely zero intention of watching a movie that is based on a 'no-story', button-mashing, fighting video game, which is itself a second, or third-rate Street Fighter knock-off.......Ha Ha!

Graham

i loved the God Of Mars anime feature film they brought out though, it was awesome.

You people are ridiculous. This is obviously a great piece of work. My only issue is that Mai's breasts aren't nearly large enough or displayed properly...

Edited by myk