25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

I've seen 2x Rattler's at 2 different Targets. Trying to avoid buying vehicles since I have enough SW ones lingering around and don't really have anywhere to put them.... but like I said, the Conquest was pretty appealing.

Nice Rattler review Shin! Still no sign of wave 10 figures, nor wave 2 or 3 vehicles ....

Thanks man! I haven't seen those either.

I've seen 2x Rattler's at 2 different Targets. Trying to avoid buying vehicles since I have enough SW ones lingering around and don't really have anywhere to put them.... but like I said, the Conquest was pretty appealing.

Get both man. The Conquest is great in v1 colors, and despite it's faults, is still worth buying. The Rattler is all around awesome, it's worth putting aside Star Wars vehicles in temporary storage to make way for it. The retooled mold is the best one yet.

I thought this thread would be the most appropriate for my post. I haven't collect GI-Joes since I was a kid, so I'm not really in the know anymore. Didn't know if this was news to anyone or not.

I was at Walmart the other day and saw a line of GI-Joe type action figures but of characters from the movie Platoon. They are actually part of 21st Century Toy's The Ultimate Soldier X-D line of figures. Tons of extras, and cheap at $4 and change. At the store I was at in the Atlanta area, they had Willaim Defoe as Sgt. Elias and the guy that played Barnes. On the back of the card they had several other characters and a 1:18 scale Huey and a tank as well.

I like stuff of the Vietnam era, I'm a fan of the movie, and I'm a bit of a movie collectible collector, so I picked them up.

post-690-1223045260_thumb.jpeg post-690-1223045269_thumb.jpeg

At the store I was at in the Atlanta area, they had Willaim Defoe as Sgt. Elias and the guy that played Barnes. On the back of the card they had several other characters and a 1:18 scale Huey and a tank as well.

Neat find and not a bad price considering. I wonder if this means that 21st Century Toys has plans to re-release the 1/18 Huey that currently goes for upwards of $150 on eBay. :wacko: Loved to see it, since i missed out on them the first time.

I'm not really into the GI-Joe scene so much. I find it's expensive enough to collect Macross stuff as it is. However, if I come across something I think is pretty cool I'll get it. I cannot really make an informed comment on how the articulation is compared to the 25th anniversary Joes. Although I am not the type of person that must keep everything mint in box, I wasn't planning on opening them at the moment. I took some close up pics as best as I could take them.

All I really know is that I was browsing Walmart and there they were. I looked around the toy dept for any of the other things depicted on the back of the figure, but no such luck. All they had was Elias and Barnes. I'm going to keep checking every week or so to see if they get anything else.

From the 21st Century Toys website the regular Vietnam era figures came out in October 2007, and the Platoon versions look slightly modified and re-packaged on Platoon branded cards. I can't say for sure when they actually got released. I believe they tried to create the likeness of each character; although, the Sgt. Elias doesn't look very much like William Defoe to me. The hair is wrong IMO. The Sgt. Barnes does look like the movie character complete with the large scar on his cheek.

The prototype figures on the back of the card look horrible while the real figures look great IMO.

post-690-1223263872_thumb.jpg post-690-1223263886_thumb.jpg post-690-1223263898_thumb.jpg

I bought the 1st DVD MASS Device Battle pack 2day at WallyWorld. I haven't seen the 5 part mini series/pilot in almost 20 years now (when the Rhino DVD sets came out I passed on it then). The animation still holds up after so many years. I kept Baroness, Radiated Snake Eyes, Timber and Cobra Soldier in the box and just busted out the DVD and Stalker because I never had that figure when I was a kid. I also got Spirit (my favorite Joe) and Bazooka (never remembered him being so bulky).

I've seen the HISS TANK and the VAMP at a local TARGET and WAL-MART.

I think he's talking about newer wave of vehicles. Hiss tank and Vamp are from series one.

Nothing. Haven't seen the latest TRU 3-packs either.

Checked a couple of TRU's and Wally's Worlds today (Kinda passed on checking out the local Targets).

Anyone in So. Cal. ever see a Black-Headed Destro comic pack out in the wild? Every single one I see is always the gold-headed one.

I think he's talking about newer wave of vehicles. Hiss tank and Vamp are from series one.

Sorry, guys, my bad. I guess that goes to say how much out-of-the loop I am when it comes to these new G.I. JOE releases. But at least I lucked out today and finally picked up this lil dude :D !

post-1442-1223757735_thumb.jpg

i was just curious when they reissue snake eyes and timber, will there be a variant black timber in the mix? or was that a one shot thing? was just curious cause i saw on ebay a listing with a black variant timber but the card was white bordered and even weirder their was yellow variant stalker on a white bordered card....i thought that was a factory screw up? I know the yellow variant stalker ended up with the newer battle packs (mass device if i remember correctly)..... just wondering cause it didn't seem right, i was thinking it was repacked or something :ph34r:

Nothing. Haven't seen the latest TRU 3-packs either.

Checked a couple of TRU's and Wally's Worlds today (Kinda passed on checking out the local Targets).

Anyone in So. Cal. ever see a Black-Headed Destro comic pack out in the wild? Every single one I see is always the gold-headed one.

only time I saw it was at Frank and Sons. They guy wanted 30 bucks for it! But yeah, it looked pretty bad @$$.

New TRU F-22

Man I hope the anniversary figures can be shoved into the cockpit! This looks way better than the bloated, tiny wing Thunderwing!

That's awesome. I keep eyeing some of those True Heroes vehicles in the hopes of finding something decent to go with my 1:18 military action figures. That F-22 is the first vehicle I have seen that looks cool IMHO. I will go down to my local TRU in a day or two to try to find it. I am hoping they will make a decent helicopter one day as well. Thanks for the post.

They have a Black Hawk Helicopter which looked cool too - I may actually pick it up.
Can you take pics if you do? Now the question is, is it by Motor Max Toys or M&C Toy Centre, the company that makes Power Team Elite(PTE)? I know M & C Toy Centre did make a PTE blackhawk a few years back. The new F-22 is actually from Motor Max Toys, which surprised me. I suspect that it may have been developed in coordination with M & C Toy Centre, as the construction is very reminiscent of something they would pull off. Normally, PTE and Chap Mei vehicles are repackaged under the Elite Operations banner for TRU. It seems that this fall, the Elite Operations banner is being replaced by True Heroes. This is why many of us thought the F-22 was a PTE vehicle(and it very well may be). Either the F-22 was made solely by Motor Max Toys as their first foray into joe compatible military vehicles, or a collaboration between them and M & C Toy Centre. I highly suspect the latter.

The landing gear doors are attached to the gear, so when folded up, there aren't many obvious, "toylike" gaps, that are common on Hasbro's G.I. Joe offerings. There is interior detail within the engine nozzles past the thrust vectoring panels. I wasn't expecting this at all, so this is very impressive, especially for a $24.99 toy. Most importantly, I placed my 25th comic pack Ace with helmet on, into the cockpit, and he fits just fine!. So there you have it folks, forget buying the VVV Thunderwing, if you want an F-22, get something better and cheaper, get the True Heroes F-22. If Hasbro makes a YF-23 Skystriker II from Resolute I hope it is up to par with this plane, because for affordable "joe scale" vehicles, Motor Max toys just raised the bar. Oh not to mention, this toy is actually significantly bigger than the Thunderwing, which also makes it bigger than the Conquest and Rattler too. The only thing I don't like is the angle for the vertical stabilizers, seems like they need to be more outward. Oh and there is no stickers to apply. There are only 6 stickers and they are already preapplied. I hear that this toy is actually 1/32 scale, if not, very close. Since it is affordable, I may pick up a few more to customize, with waterslide decals and apply good amounts of clear coat to prevent from scratching. The deco is so plain, it seems like it is begging to be painted!

Can you take pics if you do?

Toy budget is tight this month, but I might buy it next month and will post pics. It did have the TRUE HEROS brand logo.

Link on TRU here: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3147749

post-3878-1224136437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

Man o' man, those are really cool for the price. I have been looking at some of the 1:18 vehicles from 21st Century(aka Ultimate Soldier) and Blue Box(aka Elite Force). They make some really awesome toys for Joe scale figures, but they are pricey. While I'm more interested in Vietnam era items, these True Heroes F-22 and Blackhawk seem cool and are priced right. My only dilemma is that they probably take up a lot of space being 1:18 scale and all.

hate to ask again....

i was just curious when they reissue snake eyes and timber, will there be a variant black timber in the mix? or was that a one shot thing? was just curious cause i saw on ebay a listing with a black variant timber but the card was white bordered and even weirder their was yellow variant stalker on a white bordered card....i thought that was a factory screw up? I know the yellow variant stalker ended up with the newer battle packs (mass device if i remember correctly)..... just wondering cause it didn't seem right, i was thinking it was repacked or something