25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

Found the wave 3 vehicles this afternoon .... woohoo!! Desert AWE Striker, Cobra Fang/Claw set, and the Cobra Firebat!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still no sign of the SHARC, single carded wave 10, nor wave 6 comic packs, nor the wave 2 SRO TRU exclusives.

:mellow:

And apparently wave 11 is available at retail in Texas ....

Edited by Vermillion21

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Snake Eyes and Hard Master set recently and it is excellent! The only things I don't like, are the fact that the Hard Master's head is painted, and the mask fits very tight, I already had paint from his face scrape off because of that, and the pegs for the scabbards are too short. The gear is great for ninja fans. You get a display stand, all new bow, and arrow, head band, mask, a new sword mold with the Arashikage clan logo sculpted on, new scabbard mold, a bokken(had no idea we would ever see this in a joe line, color me impressed!), a staff, and Snake Eyes even has a new belt mold, Hard Master has newly tooled sleeves of the fixed Duke arm, and shurikens/knives instead of latches/grenades that the v3 Snake Eyes mold had. Excellent set, even for the gear alone.

Also Doc is now shipping w/fixed Duke arms!

Yeah, just picked up a Mutt and Junkyard at Kohl's tonight too.

Still getting a kick out of the rather accurate mold for Junkyard......Poor pooch must've gotten "cut" after humping one too many Joes' legs. :lol:

Wasn't very fond of Mutt's child-bearing thighs or the crappy way his muzzle/mask never stays in place. So, I replaced his legs and lower torso with the 3-pack Duke's legs and lower torso. The Duke parts don't match exactly with the green on Mutt's shirt. But with the vest covering the torso, it works well enough. It now looks like Mutt is wearing a dark green shirt and lighter green pair of pants.

With the mask, I wanted to get it closer to Mutt's face and have it stop rotating down to his neck. So, out came the trusty knife and superglue. I reduced the thickness of the mask straps, pushed the mask closer to his face, and superglued the mask in place onto the helmet. The good thing about this mod is that I can still remove the helmet (with its superglued/attached mask) with relative ease.

Once I paint a few details onto the new legs, I'll have a much better looking and more improved Mutt.

@Mog - Would love to see your custom Mutt when it's done ...

Booya! The angle may not be the best, but you can tell that the thighs are no longer ridiculously out of proportion. Also, that thing about being able to remove the helmet "with relatively ease"? :mellow::rolleyes: I was wrong; I gotta handle the thing with kid gloves in order to wiggle it off Mutt's head.

Anyways, here's the modified Mutt:

The Iron Grenadiers felt it was time to have an intervention for Junkyard.......a NEUTERING intervention!

post-3595-1226195199_thumb.jpg

I really want some Iron Grenadiers. These are only available in the comic pack or singly? Don't really want another IG Destro though love the one I have. Want at least 3 or 4 IG's. They did a rerelease on that Voltaire guy? He came with the purple IG, I take it?

I really want some Iron Grenadiers. These are only available in the comic pack or singly? Don't really want another IG Destro though love the one I have. Want at least 3 or 4 IG's. They did a rerelease on that Voltaire guy? He came with the purple IG, I take it?

Not available singly yet, only in the comic packs(wave 5 w/IG Destro wave 7 w/Viper), and the TRU exclusive SRO set(purple trim IG, purple trim IG Destro, red trim IG). That Voltaire is a custom.

Yup, that Voltar is a custom. Saw someone do a wickedly good Voltar in IG colors on another board, and it inspired me to attempt a custom of my own.

One minor thing to note between the IG's in the comic packs vs. the IG's in the TRU 3-pack. It's kinda hard to tell without comparing them side-by-side. But the comic pack IG is molded in solid black, while the 3-pack IG is molded in a slightly more greyish black.

Again, it's almost impossible to tell the difference. They both look black, but the IG's from the TRU 3-pack are just a shade lighter than the comic pack ones.

P.S.--My laptop (which I bought way back in 2001) finally gave out on me. After reformatting it once (and losing 300+ songs), living with a battery that lasts less than 5 minutes the past few years, and futzing just this year with a moody screen that gets "flickering lines" if I close then reopen it, I finally ran into a problem even I couldn't work around: the hard drive (or whatever spins/reads it) finally crashed and burned.

Thankfully, I can mooch off my wife's laptop every now and then. But if you don't see me around much for the next few days/weeks, this is why. :rolleyes:

Got mine in the mail today happy.gif

I'm still waiting for mine!

Got the Beachhead/Mainframe comic pack, Beachhead is excellent! I like it better than the single pack version. I dig the RAH accurate head sculpt, very cool, as well as the accurate vest and other excellent accessories. If you loved the original figure you got your modernized version in this set. It is the best of the Wave 6 comic packs.

Yeah, the F-22 just has an abnormally huge cockpit area, so they didn't have to change the proportions any. I checked mine against my 1/48th Raptor kit as soon as I got it, and it looks like it's actually dead-on 1/32.. every panel line on the model was duplicated on that thing :o

That Flanker is still nothing to sneeze at though, I think that's the first reasonably detailed Russian aircraft I've ever seen in that type of toy line, and still much better than that F-18 I saw a while back. It's just screaming for a splinter camo repaint (aka Dobber scheme ^_^)

Edited by Chronocidal

FYI: The Target exclusive Ultimate Battle Pack has been sighted at retail for $62.99 ....

oh wow 62.99? that's waaay too much for stuff that's already been released. I don't need repaints that I've never seen anywhere in the cartoon before. <_<:rolleyes:

Found Firebat---just not worth $16 IMHO. Found my 4th Copperhead, this one had the 2nd-worst paint (very similar to the 1st one), so passed on him AGAIN. Sigh.

Also found a ton of those big F-22s at TRU. And a similar (but better) A-10.

Did you get the A-10, and do you have pics? In what way do you feel it's better than the F-22? You totally got my attention because I really like the A-10.

Gah, MW "ate" my post. Anyways--I didn't get the A-10. I liked it more than the F-22 becuase it looked like it was painted sandy-grey, as opposed to the very plasticky-looking F-22. Cost more, $39.99. Had *great* weapons options though, better than most diecast/model A-10's. It's not up at the site, but it was this brand in a similar box: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3045233

The target at the westfield eastland mall in West Covina has tons of cobra paratroopers, bazooka troopers, tiger force dukes, mutt and junkyards and have been getting wave ten and 11 in pretty regularly. Still haven't found wraith, croc or zartan yet though

Gah, MW "ate" my post. Anyways--I didn't get the A-10. I liked it more than the F-22 becuase it looked like it was painted sandy-grey, as opposed to the very plasticky-looking F-22. Cost more, $39.99. Had *great* weapons options though, better than most diecast/model A-10's. It's not up at the site, but it was this brand in a similar box: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3045233

I think that is the PTE A-10, and if so, it is great, I have it, it even came with an air traffic controller and 2 ECM pods. Unfortunately a 25th joe cannot fit unless you cut away some plastic inside the cockpit, but from what I've read, it's not much to shave off. Excellent A-10 toy, the best joe compatible one out on the market.

I mentioned the ECM pods in the first version of my post(that never showed up)--ALQ-184 and ALQ-131 (couldn't tell what version of the -131 in the box though). Should only use one at a time, mounted in the outermost position--131 is generally newer and for CONUS, -184 is more for European-based ones. (the outboard pylons of an A-10 are always for defensive gear---ECM or Sidewinders)