The Custom TV VF-1A Max

kensei

Take a look at this photo I got from one of the other threads. Take a real close look. I don't think that this is just a custom job. If you look closely, it isn't simply painted over a regular VF-1A you can get now, otherwise the famous Skull Squadron Stripes would show up especially at this distance. If you look at the thread "Custom 1/48s - Not mine I'm afraid" the painter obviously customised his valks from the current VF-1As. Also take a good look at the heat shield. There is no Skull emblem on it and it looks like a clean white shield that will be coming out on the VF-1J Hikaru, and we know that the J isn't released yet. The vernier jets in the arms and legs seem to be cast out of a genuine blue plastic or painted completely blue at least before insertion, unlike the Japanese modeller who just sprayed over the whole thing and never bothered to paint the half circles black again.

Well guys, what do you think? I think that we could well see a VF-1A Max TV version in the future. Yay Yamato!

post-4-1067695460_thumb.jpg

If it's a custom, why isn't it panel-lined

If you go through all that trouble to disassemble your valk you might as well panelline it

The heatshield is a nice piece of work *if it's a custom* for it's not painted on top but underneath

Exactly. The heatshield is a VERY nice piece of work for a custom, and it is painted underneath like all the regular releases of the Yamato valks, if I'm not mistaken it is exactly like the VF-1Js heat shield. It isn't panel lined (Yamato is not known for it's panel lining of the DYRL or TV series of VF-1s except for the VF-1A Low Viz. Even the VF-1S Hikaru isn't panel lined. And the fact that is is shown at a convention leads me to believe that this could well be a future release.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this is absolutely a custom job! This pic was posted some months ago from a Japanese convention on the MW boards. So if Yamato does decide to come out with a 1/48 TV Max, it most likely won't be exactly like this one. Nice custom job, though. :unsure:

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this is absolutely a custom job! This pic was posted some months ago from a Japanese convention on the MW boards. So if Yamato does decide to come out with a 1/48 TV Max, it most likely won't be exactly like this one. Nice custom job, though. :unsure:

I had a feeling that it was a custom, but I didn't know what convention it was from. Details about it were vague. All I can say is then, is that he has very good cleaning skills. That, or he got himself a vanilla valk and then painted it. You can't tell that he has done that from one of the existing VF-1As.

Great custom. Too bad it isn't an official Yamato release. (At least not yet.)

If they do eventually release the 1/48 Max and Kakizaki TV variants, I wonder if they'll change the VF-1A's head sculpt at all.

mcr113l.jpg

mcr389l.jpg

Personally, I'd rather see the DYRL -A heads.

Does any one know if the UN SPACY text on the side of the legs are suppose to be white or black?  I'm assuming it's white but I just want to make sure... :huh:

Anyone have a color guide to Max and Kakizake's TV 1A valks?

Tnx...

RT.com shows Kakizaki's 1A with no U.N.SPACY logo on the legs, but it's Robotech so....well....err...take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

GIM_218_2_1083.jpg

that is a nice custom. It fooled me for a minute or so. Looks pretty authentic too. Nice. Anyway, I guess I would have to pass on this one if it came out. I never was a fan of the tv versions. Now if they came out with a VF-1S max from the movie, then I'd be all over that! That valk hasn't been made at all, so that would be a nice addition to the yamato line. :p:D:lol:

48_max.JPGGIM_218_2_1083.jpg

Hehe... :)  hahaha  :D  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's so funny, it's not even funny...  :p

Anyway... if anyone knows the Official Macross answer let me know... tnx

And thanks anyway mister_e, I appreciate the effort and the comedy... hehe

I thought it might get a laugh or two.

48_max.JPGGIM_218_2_1083.jpg

Hehe... :) hahaha :D BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It's so funny, it's not even funny... :p

Anyway... if anyone knows the Official Macross answer let me know... tnx

And thanks anyway mister_e, I appreciate the effort and the comedy... hehe

In the series, UN Spacy never appears on the legs of Valks. They didn't start doing that until the first models started coming out.

On the models, the Max VF-1J has white lettering, but the brownie VF-1A has black lettering. I guess its up to you how you want to do it. Personally, I'd go with white.

As for the picture above. :lol: hehe, just when I thought MPCs couldn't look any worse.

I believe that it's already been confirmed as a custom. I think Noel took the pics himself and said it was one.

What makes me laugh is that custom looks way better than that 'official' product I posted next to it.

I'm still chuckling... ^_^

Oh yeah, it is a custom. IIRC, the picture's from one of Blackaces convention reports. I believe it was Wonderfest 2003, but I'm not 100% about that. But its most definitely a custom.

edit: dammit Alex, you're too damn fast. :lol:

Edited by tom64ss

What makes me laugh is that custom looks way better than that 'official' product I posted next to it.

I'm still chuckling... ^_^

You ain't kidding. About the only things I can say look a bit better on the MPC that on Yamato's 1/48 (ducks head in anticipation of rotten fruit targeted at my head :ph34r: ) are the hand sculpts.