New 1/100 VF-1 Fighter Mode Kit

Graham

Both the new October 2008 issues of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine have photos of a 1/100 VF-1 Fighter, scheduled for release in 2009.

Attached is the scan from the Dengeki Hobby.

Until somebody can translate the text, I'm not sure who this is by, whether it is a toy or model, or if it is transformable.

Interestingly, the text also mentions VF-0 and SDF-1.

Graham

post-11-1219648455_thumb.jpg

Looks like transformation via part swaps to me. Not only does it have the part line at the chest, but the nose/fuselage also has part lines and the feet look to be articulated at the ankle. My guess is the whole backpack pops off and a folded one pops on, same with the canopy/heatshield.

I'm doing some other translation work on PC right at this moment, so while my mind is on properly I can do this paragraph as a refresher.

First off, it's a kit, by Wave.

OK.

Wave "Macross DYRL” 1/100 scale VF-1s Valkyrie

Having already made a perfect transformation SDF1 and a VF-0 kit, Wave is currently developing a new Macros item, this VF-1S Valkyrie. You have the option to build it in flying mode or parked mode. They are planning to keep the number of parts to a minimum and opt for ease of assembly, with a snap-fit design. For those who hate a large amount of pieces or gluing, this is for you! Additionally, Wave will use this kit to announce more new Macross products over three consecutive months. Don’t miss the next new announcement!

Price: TBA

2009 Spring release by Wave

Edited by Renato

I like the idea of this kit. A snap-fit easy build VF-1. Perfect for those who have no time, skills, and/or patience to complete a Hase kit.

Hopefully the price will reflect the simplicity of these kits. Has Wave ever released something cheap?

Oh, I like the scale. Will go nicely with upcoming Bandai VF-25 and Alter's Yukikaze on my shelves. Also, it'll be interesting to compare the sculpts - Toynami's VF-1 vs. old Arii VF-1 vs. Wave VF-1

perfect transformation VF-0? or is it just bad syntaxis by the translation and it refers to the non-scale VF-0S/A battroid they did?

I think the inclusion of the indefinite article in that sentence makes it pretty clear that "perfect transformation" does not also apply to "VF-0"...

Having made two 1/100 Bandai VF-1s this year, they seem pretty similar! The Wave kit has an almost identical chest piece, back and wings. The Wave seems to have better panel lines/detail on the backpack, legs and vertical stabs.

But as electric indigo said, more kits from different companies is a good thing! :)

:thumbsup: to Wave

• 1 month later...

Well, the Wave kit has combined features present in the Bandai and ARII Battroid kits: it has the better proportioned (and hopefully better articulated too) limbs of the Bandai kit with the blockier torso of the ARII version. The fighter mode proportions are the same as ARII's based on the pics, but with more panel lining and detail ala-Hasegawa style. :) These 1/100 kits will be perfect for diorama scenes because of smaller size :D

And yes I agree, more of the same kits from different companies gives us a lot of choices indeed :D