NEW CM's Macross PVC Figures

Save

So... can anyone explain to me how to assemble Minmay's stand? Not that she needs it - as she can stand on her own very well, but still - in the event that I ever need it... how do all those pieces go together? What goes where?

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cooll! Another chance to get a Max in Flight Suit!

I went to a local hobby shop and saw the Series 1 set, grabbed the heaviest box and scored the minmay doll chase, then picked another and got the Hikaru.

Wanting the Minmay, I went back and picked another! It was funny since the other patron there was watching and when I opened it and saw it was her, all he could say was "whoa!" B))

I may go back and see if I can get the clear haired version of her, but that'll have to wait until payday...

It's too bad Doyusha isn't re-issuing the Valks, it'd be nice to see the originals again, and maybe some new ones...

Edited by Zinjo

I went to a local hobby shop and saw the Series 1 set, grabbed the heaviest box and scored the minmay doll chase, then picked another and got the Hikaru.

Wanting the Minmay, I went back and picked another! It was funny since the other patron there was watching and when I opened it and saw it was her, all he could say was "whoa!" B))

I may go back and see if I can get the clear haired version of her, but that'll have to wait until payday...

It's too bad Doyusha isn't re-issuing the Valks, it'd be nice to see the originals again, and maybe some new ones...

Nice score. I too recently acquired the entire set of 12 figs of set 1 in one purchase. This includes all the solid hair, clear hair, winking eye, and Minmei doll.

Can't wait for the re-release of set 3. B))

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I saw these once at a convention, and thought they looked cool. Bought one box, and got one of the chase DYRL cockpits (Hikaru), which was the thing I'd have wanted the most. I was all jazzed so I bought another one, and got Basara - which was the last one I'd have wanted. I quit there....

I had heard they would re-release series 1 since last year, but I still haven't seen them anywhere. I would like a Mylene, since I have Basara, or even Mao, since I have Sara, maybe Hikaru, since I have Roy. Or even Ishtar, for variety's sake.

Can anyone vouch for the paint quality on these reissues? The first and second sets had paint problems. CMs got better with the last two sets.

The paint quality is exactly the same as it was on their initial release. I thought that they would add more of the highlights that the subsequent series sported. But sadly, no.

And I was kiiiiinda hoping that they would tweak the sculpting a bit. The first release Hikaru flight suit is really flat compared to the Max.

Something I noticed on the re-issue Hikaru that I got was that they have not used the solid hair for this release. The hair on mine is the clear piece that has been painted solid.

IIRC, here is what I got:

Clear Hair

1. Hikaru in Flight Suit

2. Minmei DYRL

3. Mylene

4. Ishtar

5. Mao

Solid Hair

6. Hikaru in Flight Suit

7. Minmei DYRL

8. Mylene

9. Ishtar