TR2N

i think the first link has been taken down, but i viewed the other link from the SDcon thread... WOW

Talk about goosebumps and excitement. it is great hearing the crowd cheer at moments during the trailer.

Well i can't wait! When is it suppsed to be out? I hope it's this year...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Should be interesting to see if indeed Flynn has become his nemesis Dillinger/Sark... or perhaps, as others have alluded in previous posts, the teaser trailer is truly a teaser and misleading the fans from the real plot. Can't wait to see more!

I know that Tron looks quite dated compared to today's standards, but it was truly revolutionary back in 1982. First film to be primarily computer animated, it made a huge impact on me growing up. I never owned a light cycle toy (my brother had all three), but I named my bike Tron. :p

As for the "ride", at least for Disneyland, Tron was part of the People Mover attraction in Tomorrowland. People would ride on slow-moving gondolas which would circle above Tomorrowland on a track. They would then enter a building which housed two sets of large projection screens which showed footage of the light cycles, battle tanks, and recognizers in motion as if the People Mover riders were experiencing the action first hand. Prior to Tron, the screens showed motorcross and formula one footage. Tron was a huge improvement. Unfortunately the People Mover was shut down awhile back and was replaced with the Rocket Rods (which sucked!). The Rocket Rods only lasted a couple of years and now when you visit Disneyland, there's this empty track that hovers above you.

Hmmm... perhaps Disneyland will create something with that track after Tr2n comes out... :D

Should be interesting to see if indeed Flynn has become his nemesis Dillinger/Sark... or perhaps, as others have alluded in previous posts, the teaser trailer is truly a teaser and misleading the fans from the real plot. Can't wait to see more!

I could be totally wrong here, but I think we need to look at the gaming industry today, and especially at multiplayer competitive games. I'm sticking with "its not a game, its a business" until we see or hear more. Plus, he's wearing green, not red. Could be something totally different. The colors meant something in the original, and we are far more advanced (and savy) then we were 25 years ago. Who knows, maybe the old man got stuck inside, and has gone mad in his years. Needs someone to save him. Anywho, I guess we shall see. The trailer is damned sweet, that is for sure.

Edited by Duke Togo

Who wore green? i only remember seeing blue and yellow...

Looks green to me. I'll watch it again.

Could be either or, hard to tell on a cell phone cam.

Edited by Duke Togo

Clu (Jeff Bridges) wore green in the original Tron.

EDIT

Nope, more like yellow. I need to wake up and see the movie again....

ahh here we go; Sark's tank commanders were turquoise.

Edited by Barpharanges

Ok I just saw the teaser. Even though the video (cell phone cam?) isn't good quality TR2N looks very interesting. The updated light cycles look amazing and seem to be more maneuverable. I got the impression Kevin Flynn/Clu is evil now. Very weird. :blink:

It was really hard to tell colors in the original Tron mostly because there was so much bleed in the images. The tank crews could have been yellow for all we know as the intense red bleed inside the tank control rooms caused everything to look red. Clu is an example of this, inside the tank he looked red... outside the tank he looked greenish yellow on some prints and almost white on others. That being another problem with the first Tron movie, there are a lot of bad prints out there. I think the most recent release (the 2 DVD 20th anniversary edition) has the most accurate color print and even it still has a ton of bleed... it was just the nature of the tech they used for the effects.

Something about that teaser struck me as being a dream sequence. Like maybe it's not so much that Flynn's becoming a bad guy, he just thinks he is.

Now, where's Bruce Boxlietner? He played the title character in the original. They gotta bring him back.

I agree... Cpt Seherriden all the way!

Something about that teaser struck me as being a dream sequence. Like maybe it's not so much that Flynn's becoming a bad guy, he just thinks he is.

Now, where's Bruce Boxlietner? He played the title character in the original. They gotta bring him back.

Yeah, its not like he's particularly busy.

Edited by GobotFool

I'm totally into Tron, always have been. I was at SDCC for three days, had I known Disney was going to show the trailer I would have went to their panel, instead I was in line getting my King Grayskull figures. This movie will rock, and so will the toys!

Comic Con is over, where's the damn official site! I'm going to guess/hope that if they went through the effort to get Jeff Bridges, they'd go through equal effort to get Bruce Boxlightner. hell, he did the B5 sequal straight to DVD movie, why the hell wouldn't he do this?

What were the toys like for the original movie? I never saw any when i was a kid, nor today.

The toys from the original movie were pretty horrendous actually. That's probably why you never saw them. In my opinion the only good Tron toys were the lightcycles. With that being said I found some links with pictures of Tron toys. Big Bad Toy store & Tron Sector

I remember seeing the light cycles at retail, but passed on 'em cause they looked cheap ...

:( well i'll be grabbing some TR2N ones that's for sure, hopefully some decent articulated action figures too.

I love the new data disc shape now too.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've been reading that this was little more than a demo reel, a proof of concept if you will, and that the actual film has yet to even be green lit. Given the lack of information on IMDB for it, you may want to hold off clearing space on your toy shelves for this one.

Frak ..... I hope that's not the case.

Given the reception the promo reel seems to be getting, I have a hard time imagining them not moving forward at this point. But then again it's Disney, so who knows? Either way, this one is a long way off so don't expect any 3 3/4" lightcycles under the tree this Christmas.

I agree The promo is getting a lot of good reception. Hopefully they continue and start production on TR2N. Otherwise I'll be be very disappointed with Disney for teasing us like this.