Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

welp!

got mine today, too. sal-shipping from hlj.

no damage, besides a minor outer-box ding.

at any rate, w00t!!!

the toy is f'in sweet. and this v2.0 is damn light! even with the FPs and missiles attached.

yeah, i know. it ain't got diecast legs like the original yammie-1/60 so it'll be light.

it's all good.

took a few comparo-pics with the old Strike-Roy v1.0:

strikevf1s160comparisonay7.th.jpg vf1s160comparisonscy1.th.jpg strikevf1s160fpcomparisag1.th.jpg

so is the Hikaru Super-1A listed, yet? B))

Edited by treatment

I wish I am like you bro hehehehehe, My 1/48s here are slowly disappearing to make way for the 1/60s, cant have it all:(

traitor! :angry: just kidding

i really wanna buy this new valk but the tv max and the weathered hikaru have priority over this one

I love her, yes I do...

post-6213-1217570330_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570340_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570355_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570365_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570373_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570381_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570392_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570401_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570408_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217570420_thumb.jpg

So far so good. Need to enjoy fighter mode for a little more before attempting transformation. She feels real solid compared to the 1/48 Stealth. Even the landing gear doors open better, stay better, and feel more solid.

Bro where did you get that madcat??? That's one of my tow favorite mechs!!! is that a 1/60 scale?

It does look nice against the Yammie Roy-v2.0, ain't it? B))

Got it a few years ago for like either $10 or $20 at software-etc or gamestop when Mechwarrior Dark Ages came out. It used to be made by Joyride. Don't think they make 'em at all anymore.

It's about 8" tall, but I'm not sure if it's a 1/60.

Edited by treatment

How low does the gunpod hang with the arm armor in fighter mode?

Well, the barrel of the gun is pretty much right up against the armor, but if you're worried about it being to low for the landing gear, it just barely clears the ground.

Barely as in 2mm, or barely as in 0.3mm? Will "how level your table is" make a difference? (hey, I have some diecast planes that are so BARELY not tail-sitters, it does depend where on the shelf they sit)

Two millimeters, so you should be safe. There's a bit of play in the arms and gunpod handle, so maybe you can shove the gunpod up another millimeter or so.

dude i brokedown and finally bought one on evilbay :angry: arrrrrgGGG!

hehehehe congratulations bro! Im sure you wont regret it...mine here is perfect, I got "2" straight skulls to go along with B))

hehehehe congratulations bro! Im sure you wont regret it...mine here is perfect, I got "2" straight skulls to go along with B))

i sure hope so.

not sure if im happy i my purchase cuz was planning to buy a dslr cam this weekend, oh well i guess the camera can wait

my valkaholism struck again :unsure:

i sure hope so.

not sure if im happy i my purchase cuz was planning to buy a dslr cam this weekend, oh well i guess the camera can wait

my valkaholism struck again :unsure:

Yah the camera can wait! :ph34r: speaking of luck, just noticed that the kite logo starboard side of my YF-21 is crooked <_<

Nice review although some things left me wondering....

The new 1/60 VF-1 toy is what Yamato are calling their third generation toy and features improvements such as improved articulation, such as double jointed elbows, tighter joints, more tampo printing, greater emphasis on quality control, thinner panel lines (only 0.02mm thick).

Wow, can you even see 0.02 mm?

Thinner 0.2mm panel lines.

I think that is more like it.

The nose cone of the new VF-1 is detachable and by using the provided connection piece can be attached to the forearm of any new 1/60 VF-1. This feature is the reason that the head of the toy has to be removable and is only friction fit, instead of being screwed on.

So you can detach the nose cone and stick it onto its arm? Why would one do that? And in order to do that the head must be removable???? What does the nose cone attaching to the arm have to do with the head? Were you high when you wrote that?

A few lines down...

Missing from the 1/60 are the moveable flaps and detachable nose cone of the 1/48.

So first you say the nose cone can be removed and stuck to its arm, now its not removable, which one is it?

The other thing is why are there no comparison pics to a VF-1 1/48. Seems like you intentionally didnt. To make it seem like something unique and help yamato sales?

So you can detach the nose cone and stick it onto its arm? Why would one do that? And in order to do that the head must be removable????

Its to replicate what the VF-1 is able to do in the anime. In episode 3 of SDF Macross, the VF-1D that Hikaru flew is damaged severely, and Focker detaches the cockpit section of the VF-1D from the airframe, and mounts it underneath his VF-1S' arm. The head is removable so you can grab the piece near the chest plate to assist in removing that section.

So first you say the nose cone can be removed and stuck to its arm, now its not removable, which one is it?

He meant the randome, which is the nose cone itself, not the cockpit section.

The other thing is why are there no comparison pics to a VF-1 1/48. Seems like you intentionally didnt. To make it seem like something unique and help yamato sales?

Considering that the Strike bundle is already sold out in japan and that there are already a good number of pictures comparing the 1/48 to the new 1/60, I don't think it would have made a difference. Plus the guy just went on vacation, maybe he didn't have time to take the pics?

Thinner 0.2mm panel lines.

Hmm, you might be right about that.

So you can detach the nose cone and stick it onto its arm? Why would one do that? And in order to do that the head must be removable???? What does the nose cone attaching to the arm have to do with the head? Were you high when you wrote that?
Have you seen Macross? Did you see the pictures in the review?

Ahh, there's the source of the confusion. The tip of the nosecone is removable on the 1/48. The entire nose and cockpit of the 1/60 is removable. That's the difference.

Nice review although some things left me wondering....

Wow, can you even see 0.02 mm?

A few lines down...

dude, what's with the attitude? Jenius does this as a fan, he doesn't get paid and you certainly didn't donate any money to his site so where do you get climbing up his ass like this?