Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

thanks for the weblink ruski, the 1A was not much my favorite but since it's Hikaru I'm for it! With Yamato, who knows when and what they'll come out with next. We've all been there with Yamato, it's like Russian roulette.

Am i the only one who hopes the eventual 1D comes with regular pilots as WELL as Hikaru and Minmei?

God I hope so! What was the point of those generic pilots? Ok, sure they were in the episode but for me the VF-1D is all about Hikaru in his orange civilian flight suit and Minmei in her red dress. If Yamato releases this with the proper Hikaru and minmei as well as the generic pilots that would be fine with me but if they pull the same madness as last time and do not include Hikaru and Minmei then I will be a complaining Beeeotch for a long time.

Is this new? Some release dates and an addition of the VF-1J? Which VF-1J? Hikaru with TV FP? Someone translate?

it is half way down the page http://www.yamato-toys.com/event/200808/

■やまとマクロスシリーズ アイテム名 発売予定日 1/60 デストロイド・トマホーク 2008年夏 1/60 デストロイド・ディフェンダー 未定 1/60 完全変形VF-1A 一条輝機 with スーパー&ストライクパーツ 2008年8月 1/60 完全変形VF-1J 一条輝機 with スーパーパーツ 2008年10月 1/60 完全変形VF-1D 未定

Is this new? Some release dates and an addition of the VF-1J? Which VF-1J? Hikaru with TV FP? Someone translate?

■やまとマクロスシリーズ アイテム名 発売予定日 1/60 デストロイド・トマホーク 2008年夏 1/60 デストロイド・ディフェンダー 未定 1/60 完全変形VF-1A 一条輝機 with スーパー&ストライクパーツ 2008年8月 1/60 完全変形VF-1J 一条輝機 with スーパーパーツ 2008年10月 1/60 完全変形VF-1D 未定

Yep. Appears that the 1/60 1J will indeed be out in October. WITH super parts? Nice.

The dates for the Destroid Defender and the VF-1D are "not determined".

Well I can say that I am DEFINITELY getting the VF-1J Hikaru with Super Parts!

That and the VF-1D are the two that I was most wanting anyway and now they are both confirmed. Sweeetnessss!

sorry if OT... are those weathered looking gn-u's (top of page) or there's something wrong w/ my eyes? it has a different price...

BTW, VF-1J and 1D... great news indeed...

Edited by m0n5t3r

sorry if OT... are those weathered looking gn-u's (top of page) or there's something wrong w/ my eyes? it has a different price...

Well, there were a few weathered GNU's given out as gifts at some thing recently. I believe Save had one.

And it's petty much the age of Yamato at the moment. Saw loads of display pieces for the upcoming Moto-slaves, GNU's today. Everything is LOOKING damn good.

yup the gnu's are weathered

oooh there will be a destroid defender on the horizon

the 1j's will have super parts

yup the gnu's are weathered

oooh there will be a destroid defender on the horizon

the 1j's will have super parts

It would be kind of nice to get GNU's with a little more to them. But if they had just done this in the first place.............

Edited by Alex

Would've liked the GBP-1S to be included with the 1J though
Me too. I'm actually kind of disappointed by this. Oh well, at least their design team can concentrate fully on the 1D now, then worry about the GBP armor later. I don't want any rushed designs.

Anyways i doubt they would do a 1J+GBP-1S combo pack, so really it's the best time to buy the 1J coz it has the Super/FP parts you an use on your other valks that won't come with FP's. (like CF-1A for example but they might even come with FP's we'll see...)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wonder if they will pull the TV coloured SUper/FP stunt this time again? :p

I wouldn't mind a TV coloured Super FP for the V.2 HIKARU 1J. I'm gonna end up using it on a ROY 1S, of course! But it would also be nice if the V.2 FP's can hold the gunpod in place like it should without any tinkering from any of us whatsoever.

Anyways i doubt they would do a 1J+GBP-1S combo pack, so really it's the best time to buy the 1J coz it has the Super/FP parts you an use on your other valks that won't come with FP's. (like CF-1A for example but they might even come with FP's we'll see...)

I'd rather go with a Hikky 1J with Super Parts than a GBP Armor :) Oh wow! and it's out in October!!! :lol: I'll be skipping the 1A so that I can be sure to buy the 1J :) For the 1A, I'd rather get a Kaki and CF version :) 1A Max not as much as a 1J Max

Anyway, I just want to clarify: The VF-1J is packaged with Super parts ONLY? No strike parts?

Edited by pochimus prime

I'd rather go with a Hikky 1J with Super Parts than a GBP Armor :) Oh wow! and it's out in October!!! :lol: I'll be skipping the 1A so that I can be sure to buy the 1J :) For the 1A, I'd rather get a Kaki and CF version :) 1A Max not as much as a 1J Max

Anyway, I just want to clarify: The VF-1J is packaged with Super parts ONLY? No strike parts?

That's what it says in on Yammie's site.

Edited by Alex

Yay! thanks :) I don't know Japanese but the characters are different from the 1A. No problem, though :) my VF-1s will be displayed with Stike and the 1J in super anyway :) any chance that this'll be cheaper, though?

I always use the google page translator when i go to the yamato site. the great thing is that when you click on links, it keeps translating.

Sooo... VF-1A Hikaru will not have the Strike Cannon? Only Super? doesn't make sense, they'd have to change the box, and that's extra work.

No, the VF-1A will have both Strike and Super Parts. The 1J is the one to only have the Super parts. Though I don't mind, I do agree though that it doesn't make sense to exclude the strike in the package, especially if it's going to be of the same price.

Am i the only one who hopes the eventual 1D comes with regular pilots as WELL as Hikaru and Minmei?

you see, that would make everyone happy all at once and thats not how yamato does things.

they'll probably release another version so they can milk the molds but i don't mind because i like the 2 seaters.