Looking Ahead... worrying about my wallet

physioguy

I've been collecting toys for awhile now, and over the years I've sold a lot of my stuff on ebay, about 75% of my collection. Now the only non-macross toys I have are some old Diaclones, Binaltech, and my Masterpiece Convoy (Kawamori, so kinda Macross). I've even sold off all my extra Macross toys so I only have 1 of each model of valk (ie: the 0S, 51, 19 & 21) and my airbrushed 1/48 GBP-1J. I did all this so I could afford new Yamato Macross toys.

With the new releases coming out, I got to thinking about all the upcoming 1/60 scale toys I would get if Yamato makes them, and I figure it would cost at least $1,700.00 (more than my first car), plus the monster, which I couldn't even imagine the cost (but I would still get it)

The following is what I would get if they made them, because I'm soo partial to the original series:

post-917-1215246027_thumb.jpg

post-917-1215246037_thumb.jpg

And even though only the 1S and Tomahawk are confirmed, there is little doubt that would at least make the other small destroids and all the valks on my list, so I'll be spending at least half of my projected cost (not even incluing the monster)

Edited by physioguy

i feel you man, thats why i got a part time job to buy toys

Vegas Valkyrie the part-time pimp! Pimpin' aint easy, but somebody's gotta do it...Ice-T.

I feel you on that bro. We gotta do what we gotta do to get what we want. It is what it is.

:huh:

OO

Vegas Valkyrie the part-time pimp! Pimpin' aint easy, but somebody's gotta do it...Ice-T.

I feel you on that bro. We gotta do what we gotta do to get what we want. It is what it is.

:huh:

OO

its the only way i can support this hobby or i would have stopped long time ago.

last march ive spent almost $2000 on one day at frank and sons plus and a couple more hundreds before and after that day <_<

but seeing the fruits of my hard work and seeing my toys displayed makes me happy ^_^

its the only way i can support this hobby or i would have stopped long time ago.

last march ive spent almost $2000 on one day at frank and sons plus and a couple more hundreds before and after that day <_<

but seeing the fruits of my hard work and seeing my toys displayed makes me happy ^_^

My wife and I were sitting in my office yesterday and she said, "You know babe, these "things" actually look like collector's items and not toys and I am really startin to appreceiate them as not being toys". I was stoked especially now that Kevin has received the YF-21's and mines is on its way. After going looney the past few months to complete my 1/48 collection, that actually made me feel pretty good!

:D

OO

My wife and I were sitting in my office yesterday and she said, "You know babe, these "things" actually look like collector's items and not toys and I am really startin to appreceiate them as not being toys". I was stoked especially now that Kevin has received the YF-21's and mines is on its way. After going looney the past few months to complete my 1/48 collection, that actually made me feel pretty good!

:D

OO

have you told your wife how much each valk costs? :lol:

have you told your wife how much each valk costs? :lol:

Technically, no. But since she purchased me the W.H.A.M. 1/500 SDF-1 for my birthday and the Macross Zero Shin 1/60 with Ghost Booster Set for Father's Day, she has an idea of what I have spent. She actually summed it up to about six grand on Father's Day and I did not comment. I have other non-toy related collections I have spent far more on so she's not shocked at "my collecting", but I would say it has taken some acceptance for the fact that they were originally "toys" from her perception.

By the way VV, I thoguht that was you at the end of DYRL; potraying Hikaru when you pimp/back-slapped Minmay into singing!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I told ya it aint easy!

actually... im the one who got slapped for buying the weathered roy :ph34r:

she said "youre effin crazy" :lol:

I've only told my wife once the price of a 1/48 valkyrie with the GBP armor...and that's after she accidentally bumped one of our book case while doing laundry. The valkyrie fell and she felt really bad...so I told her the price, LOL. I think she felt bad.

Heh, ok...maybe that was a **ck move...but she says its all good, "it's your money".

I picked up mountain biking and road riding almost two years ago. And I think I've spent more on the bikes within that time than the buying of figures withing the last 8 years. It's really hard to keep up with these two current hobbies.

I'm slowing down with the Yamato stuff...and a bit disappointed too that I didn't finish my 1/48 collection with just two to go...but with the possibility of a weathered VF-1S Hikaru, my thoughts plans may change to continue with the 1/48s.

So that part-time job may not be a bad idea! Heh heh.

Im just happy having one of each type of yamato valk... I dont really care for collecting all of the variants. Even my small collection valks with accesories cost's about 1000 USD.

I've slowed down with my purchasing though, I wont be buying anything else for awhile, at least until the bandai vf-25 toys come out and maybe one 1/60 v2 yamato valk.

Lord, I have never tried to add up what i spend on toys for fear of killing myself with shame. I collected the entire Saint Seiya Myth cloth line in under a year, and they cost between 50/100 Aussie dollars. Ive been into Gundam three months and just hit 26 kits........Im GLAD Yamato is slow making Valks! I usually buy a couple of the ones i really like as it is...

hmm lets see all the stuff coming soon

1/60 destroid tomahawk

1/60 vf-1s roy

1/60 vf-1a hikaru

1/60 vf-25 chogokin ozuma

1/60 vf-25 chogokin alto

1/55 chunky monkeys

macross chronicles

its going to be really bad for my wallet this year

hopefully the 1/60 vf-11 and the 1/60 vf-1d will be released next year

thanks for the warning guys. :D

I don't own a single yamato.

I have a few mastergrade gundams,

mostly the baddies, and I have just

recently come to admire the yamato

1/60's. I already have about 4 items

in my wish list and I don't know how

to approach my wife about it yet. :D

And even though only the 1S and Tomahawk are confirmed, there is little doubt that would at least make the other small destroids and all the valks on my list, so I'll be spending at least half of my projected cost (not even incluing the monster)

If the idea of draining your wallet is bothersome enough for you to start a thread about it, I strongly recommend that you take a step back and think about what it is you need to do. Do you really need $1700 worth of toys? Maybe you could whittle down the selection to a few pieces that you really want. For example, I picked up the '60 21, and that's been my only toy purchase for well over a year. Most of us are in denial in regards to what we want and what we can finally afford. Don't dig yourself a hole that you're bound to fall in to and not be able to get out of.

Remember, no one's forcing you to buy anything. Decide what you genuinely need and act accordingly. And besides, do you really "need" any of that stuff you listed?

Don't get me wrong

I'm happy to buy the ones I want, and I can happily afford it. I only have a few years left on the mortgage, and my new clinic is going well. I don't own or play video games, I don't own my dream sports car, I don't blow my money at the clubs (anymore). I just think it's funny that even once i sell all my other toys, limiting myself to just some of my favorite items, thinking I'm being responsible, and when I sit back and add it up...

...it's still almost $2,000 (depressing and funny, but trust me, I'm sooo happy we are in this golden age for macross fans!)

I should have put :lol: in my original title.