Macross 7 Docking Festival Fun Facts

Gubaba

Okay...I'm planning a fuller translation of this, but some quick bits to start with. I managed to pick up a brand-spanking-new copy of the drama album, Macross 7 Docking Festival. It was new, but it had been sitting around for a long, long time, since it still has a little leaflet for how to get the "fire Bomber Galaxy Network Vol. 0" promo CD, which was an offer that I think expired in 1995.

Anyway, upon opening it, I discovered that it had a little mini-encyclopedia for Macross 7, including a rather large section on each of the original Bridge Bunnies (who show up on the album).

So as I said, I'm going to make a fuller translation of this, but for now, a little teaser...

In 2045:

a) Nyan Nyan is a chain restaurant all over earth and on many of the colony fleets, and the manager is Minmay's little cousin Yotchan.

b) Kim has a dog, and a one-person condo on Eden.

c) Vanessa worked as a hostess for a while, and ended up being the "Mama-san" at a club. She lives with her husband and three children in Macross City. (It doesn't say anything about it, but I guess they must have been among those hypnotized by Sharon Apple...that's kind of sad, isn't it?)

d) And Shammy has eleven kids and lives on the moon.

:wacko:

There was a serious effort to repopulate post SW1... Max and Millia with 7, Shammy with 11... wow...

BTW... mail in the offer and see what happens :ph34r:

Edited by stray

the story about Vanessa and Warera/Loli/Conda is kinda sad... although she ends up being quite rich. would never have thought that the bespectacled and decent looking girl would work as a hostess, and more amazingly become so hugely successful :lol: the 3 zent guys are pathetic. and i thought the pairing was Loli with Shammy, why would Vanessa end up with Loli??! its weird.

also feel sad for Kim that she's alone. I like her most coz i thought she's the prettiest of the 3 (lol... saw this as a kid, first impressions last)

Shammy being the luckiest of them, as expected. :)

BTW, all these stories are more of a joke right?

the story about Vanessa and Warera/Loli/Conda is kinda sad... although she ends up being quite rich. would never have thought that the bespectacled and decent looking girl would work as a hostess, and more amazingly become so hugely successful :lol: the 3 zent guys are pathetic. and i thought the pairing was Loli with Shammy, why would Vanessa end up with Loli??! its weird.

also feel sad for Kim that she's alone. I like her most coz i thought she's the prettiest of the 3 (lol... saw this as a kid, first impressions last)

Shammy being the luckiest of them, as expected. :)

BTW, all these stories are more of a joke right?

I'm going to have to pull out my big-ass Kanji Jisho to understand the "Lolicon 3" story. I've just glanced at the notes so far...

As for whether they're a joke or not, I dunno. Japanese Wikipedia seems to regard them as canonical, but they're not on the Compendium. I suppose someone could ask Egan about them and see what he says...

Okay...I'm planning a fuller translation of this, but some quick bits to start with. I managed to pick up a brand-spanking-new copy of the drama album, Macross 7 Docking Festival. It was new, but it had been sitting around for a long, long time, since it still has a little leaflet for how to get the "fire Bomber Galaxy Network Vol. 0" promo CD, which was an offer that I think expired in 1995.

Anyway, upon opening it, I discovered that it had a little mini-encyclopedia for Macross 7, including a rather large section on each of the original Bridge Bunnies (who show up on the album).

So as I said, I'm going to make a fuller translation of this, but for now, a little teaser...

In 2045:

a) Nyan Nyan is a chain restaurant all over earth and on many of the colony fleets, and the manager is Minmay's little cousin Yotchan.

b) Kim has a dog, and a one-person condo on Eden.

c) Vanessa worked as a hostess for a while, and ended up being the "Mama-san" at a club. She lives with her husband and three children in Macross City. (It doesn't say anything about it, but I guess they must have been among those hypnotized by Sharon Apple...that's kind of sad, isn't it?)

Alright!! thanks for this Tobey Maguire! :)

and as for shammy... hmmm...doesn't even mention if all those kids have the same father.... shammy, you skank!! :D

Edited by dreamweaver13

Alright!! thanks for this Tobey Maguire! :)

Quiet, you!

and as for shammy... hmmm...doesn't even mention if all those kids have the same father.... shammy, you skank!! :D

If I understand it correctly, her marriage was televised (and Global was the minister), but I'm not sure yet.

If I understand it correctly, her marriage was televised (and Global was the minister), but I'm not sure yet.

Just because she was married doesn't mean that the kids are all from the same father.

Yeah, but it's Shammy! Are there really eleven guys in the world who would WANT to sleep with her...? ^_^

Ouch.

Wait - Shammy is the long haired sweedish girl, no?

Wouldn't it be obvious that lots of guys would want to sleep with her??

VFTF1 (likes Shammy, as long as she's the long-haired sweedish girl with orange hair)

I read similar accounts of this from other Japanese fan sites fed through the translators. Could never get someone to confirm it until now. Nice to know where that information came from.

If the rest information I read is correct the Vanessa's husband (one of the three) is alcoholic.

I guess Shammie became a house wife. Kim a career military woman. Vanessa who seemed to have the most going for her in Macross TV (brains and promotion) has the hardest times.

I read similar accounts of this from other Japanese fan sites fed through the translators. Could never get someone to confirm it until now. Nice to know where that information came from.

If the rest information I read is correct the Vanessa's husband (one of the three) is alcoholic.

I guess Shammie became a house wife. Kim a career military woman. Vanessa who seemed to have the most going for her in Macross TV (brains and promotion) has the hardest times.

Thats is really sad, for Venessa. How did she end up as Mama-san in a hostess club ! Thats terrible !

*IIRC*:

ALL 3 lolicon guys ended up being alcoholics, and all are unemployed and staying together with Vanessa. initially, Vanessa and her husband opened some provision shop if iirc... but it closed down after Roli/Loli (the shortest) became alcoholic. Vanessa had no choice but to work as a hostess, leads a very hard life. it seems she becomes quite popular and finally gets to become high class mama-san and very very rich!! i guess by then she is leading quite a good life.

... and her (ex-? not sure if they divorced) husband takes care of the 3 kids. the 2 others staying with her and the kids...

BTW, i think u guys know that the 3 guys name is a joke right? by combining their names...

Shammie is the shortest girl - the one who sometimes takes over Misa's post. Thru match-making, she gets married to a rich man's son.

Kim, who seemed to be not very interested in her military career, ends up being promoted up the ranks because of lack of experienced manpower (Vanessa and Shammie left the military). I think she will ultimately become a ship Captain. but she stayed single :(

I want to know what happened to Claudia. no news about her :mellow: WTH?!

Edited by Shun

Claudia La Salle. I read either from a side-story or a fan fiction, so I am not sure it is cannon. In that story, Claudia became a Capt of a ARMD. The story was very lengthy as well, Megaload ensounter a supervision fleet and Minmay had a bery abusive boyfriend. If anyone can find that story again, please post a link to it.

Claudia La Salle. I read either from a side-story or a fan fiction, so I am not sure it is cannon. In that story, Claudia became a Capt of a ARMD. The story was very lengthy as well, Megaload ensounter a supervision fleet and Minmay had a bery abusive boyfriend. If anyone can find that story again, please post a link to it.

It's a fanfic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/660155/1/The_Legend_of_Megaroad

I wrote a fanfic (which I should really locate and type up) about Claudia going to see DYRL. Not much action, but I was pleased with it...

It's a fanfic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/660155/1/The_Legend_of_Megaroad

I wrote a fanfic (which I should really locate and type up) about Claudia going to see DYRL. Not much action, but I was pleased with it...

Hi Tobey,

Thanks, I have been looking for that story for quite sometime. Quite a dedictation you have there, I salute you :) Let us know once you finish the story !

Edited by vanpang

Hi Tobey,

Thanks, I have been looking for that story for quite sometime. Quite a dedictation you have there, I salute you :) Let us know once you finish the story !

I think you misunderstand...Legend of Megaroad isn't my story. I haven't even finished reading it!

Mine was much shorter, and meant to be part of a series of short stories bridging the gap between 2012 and 2040. I wrote the 2012 story (Minmay leaving on the Megaroad-01) and the 2031 story (Claudia going to see DYRL) and started the 2036 story (Isamu in the Planet Hydra Civil War), but never finished it.

Not sure where my notes for them are...I think there were going to be seven or eight stories, total.

I once thought about doing a fanfic for Macross. I used to do fanfics a long time ago for other animes but I stopped a long while ago. I had a very interesting idea for a Macross fanfic that involved time travel and 3 pilots from 3 different eras of Macross history (1 from SW1, the 2nd from 2035, and the 3rd from 2059 or 2060 in the current Frontier time). Had to do with a very disgruntled Zentradi who figured out how to modify a fold drive to fold time so he could change the events of the Zentradi's first encounter with humans so that culture didn't change their race so much (he is one of the few that isn't phased by music as much). It ends up with the 3 pilots being plucked from their own times and ending up at the Zentradi's destination, Earth in 1996 where he plans to change everything before the arrival of ASS-1 and these pilots are the only 3 on Earth that can do anything about it. Alas I have never found the will to write all of this down, maybe I will someday.

Hi Tobey,

Tobey!!! haha (nelson style).

that wasn't me this time!

but seriously, tobey, i already heard you mention your fanfic before and i already wanted to read it then. do tell when you find it again. the concept itself is effin cool. :)

I think you misunderstand...Legend of Megaroad isn't my story. I haven't even finished reading it!

Mine was much shorter, and meant to be part of a series of short stories bridging the gap between 2012 and 2040. I wrote the 2012 story (Minmay leaving on the Megaroad-01) and the 2031 story (Claudia going to see DYRL) and started the 2036 story (Isamu in the Planet Hydra Civil War), but never finished it.

Not sure where my notes for them are...I think there were going to be seven or eight stories, total.

Yeah what I meant was that I salute you for your dedication in doing a fanfiction. Let us know once you have finish it. It is definitely going to be a lot of work.