Newbie Questions on Macross

Where can we find Mylene version of Remember 16 (heard in Macross 7 #34)?

Even with all the Macross 7 CDs that have been released, there's still a TON of songs from the show the remain unavailable. That song is one of them.

Sorry.

Even with all the Macross 7 CDs that have been released, there's still a TON of songs from the show the remain unavailable. That song is one of them.

Sorry.

Just as there is still Frontier stuff that is unavailable, esp. some of the orchestral stuff. Not happy about that. Grrrrrr.

Taksraven

Just as there is still Frontier stuff that is unavailable, esp. some of the orchestral stuff. Not happy about that. Grrrrrr.

Taksraven

Hell, there are still about five or six SDFM tracks that were never released... <_<

I do wonder about that. Is is simply a case of the OST releases having been planned in advance and the stuff that's cut out just not being put in later on?

Hell, there are still about five or six SDFM tracks that were never released... <_<

I do wonder about that. Is is simply a case of the OST releases having been planned in advance and the stuff that's cut out just not being put in later on?

I think a lot of it is avoiding repetition. Most of the missing SDFM cuts are things like the instrumental version of the opening (which the electric guitar taking the place of the vocals) and Zero-G Love. Both of those showed up on the "Macross Love" drama album, but there are people talking over them.

As for songs, we don't have Minmay's "Wedding Version" of Runner, or the unknown song she was singing to Kaifun/Britai in "Phantasm." But (and this is only a guess on my part, so take it for what it's worth) Mari may have been singing those during the dialogue recording sessions, so there may be no "professional" version of them.

Anyway, the missing M7 songs are almost all Mylene versions of Basara songs, so, like the SDFM BGM, it may just be an issue of repetition.

Does that sound plausible...?

I think a lot of it is avoiding repetition. Most of the missing SDFM cuts are things like the instrumental version of the opening (which the electric guitar taking the place of the vocals) and Zero-G Love. Both of those showed up on the "Macross Love" drama album, but there are people talking over them.

As for songs, we don't have Minmay's "Wedding Version" of Runner, or the unknown song she was singing to Kaifun/Britai in "Phantasm." But (and this is only a guess on my part, so take it for what it's worth) Mari may have been singing those during the dialogue recording sessions, so there may be no "professional" version of them.

Anyway, the missing M7 songs are almost all Mylene versions of Basara songs, so, like the SDFM BGM, it may just be an issue of repetition.

Does that sound plausible...?

I *really* want the track that starts at 1.12 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8GsmcHiic

Just a piece of orchestral "battle" music, but I love it....

Taksraven

While on the subject of Macross music. Does anyone know by any chance if there is a decent copy of Electric Fire 2007 Tribute to Basara and Mylene I can find online? I know no one can post links, but I swear this one is hard to find. Any torrent I have found has a suckish share ratio, 2 day download if lucky. Any copy of the DVD I find is almost $70 (I have ways of playing region 2 DVDs so that isn't a problem), and the macrosshare thing doesn't seem to have it. If I was willing to pay $70 for a DVD that would be ok but it seems steep even if it is just because of costs of importing.

While on the subject of Macross music. Does anyone know by any chance if there is a decent copy of Electric Fire 2007 Tribute to Basara and Mylene I can find online? I know no one can post links, but I swear this one is hard to find. Any torrent I have found has a suckish share ratio, 2 day download if lucky. Any copy of the DVD I find is almost $70 (I have ways of playing region 2 DVDs so that isn't a problem), and the macrosshare thing doesn't seem to have it. If I was willing to pay $70 for a DVD that would be ok but it seems steep even if it is just because of costs of importing.

Have you checked iMacross IV? It's just two threads below this thread.

Have you checked iMacross IV? It's just two threads below this thread.

Worth a try. Thanks for the tip regardless.

EDIT: I found the audio for Electric Fire, better than nothing I suppose. I guess I'm just limited to expensive DVDs or lousy torrents if I want the entire thing with video. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Edited by Master Dex

I hope that it's the right place to ask about it.

Lately I started watching SDF Macross and would like to buy a CD with music from this series. And here I would like to ask you guys if there is something similar to "Macross Frontier Nyan Tama vocal collection" but with songs from SDF Macross?

I hope that it's the right place to ask about it.

Lately I started watching SDF Macross and would like to buy a CD with music from this series. And here I would like to ask you guys if there is something similar to "Macross Frontier Nyan Tama vocal collection" but with songs from SDF Macross?

This is probably the closest: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-40031

It is suppose to contain all the vocals and scores from SDFM.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it, but I can always be advised otherwise I suppose.

Is there a way to edit sub files in such a way to make some subs not appear but keep others there?

Example time to explain:

I recently downloaded the entire Macross Frontier series via THORA subs (the ones that use the BD rips so they look extra nice). However I am having some problems with playback of some episodes, in which certain parts start lagging a bit. I have determined through several viewings this seems to be a result of there being too much going on on the screen during scenes with songs in them and constant dialogue or action happening at the same time. This is most likely a problem stemming originally from my computer having a lackluster graphics card. Since that can't be helped I was wondering if there is a way to edit the sub files for these episodes so I could not have the song lyric subtitles show and just the normal speech subtitles remain. I know the songs and have seen the whole show before with them so I wouldn't be missing much there.

I have used the program Aegisub before which was useful in editing GG's sub files to match Raw Frontier episodes before I got this new batch but Thora does something different to what I've seen before. I'm not sure if the subs here are combined with the episodes (which of course would mean I can't do much at this point) or if there is a separate file for them. The thing is there are two extra files with all the episodes, one of which is a .md5 file and is something I have never seen before.

Basically I am calling on any sub expert to help me out here, since it seems my computer fails to be able to handle subtitles for a song and speech in a scene without the video lagging up (this is especially noticeable in action scenes), I am hoping there is a way I can set it to only show the speech subtitles. If that is not possible with this particular set here then I'll just have to live with it I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have download Macross zero blu-ray 1080p and relized it didnt have subtilte/ :wacko: i downloaded it in 1 week and didnt want to del it :blink: . Can someone show me where i can get the subtitle or send me congthanh8269995@gmail.com. Please and Thanks.

I have download Macross zero blu-ray 1080p and relized it didnt have subtilte/ :wacko: i downloaded it in 1 week and didnt want to del it :blink: . Can someone show me where i can get the subtitle or send me congthanh8269995@gmail.com. Please and Thanks.

Here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/267875660/Macr...RAsubs.rar.html

These are the THORA subs ripped from their 720p release.

HI all,

Was the VF-25 an SMS valk? Or do we know if NUNS used it too? Kinda curious about a possible VF-25 angel bird, if there is one.....

SMS is field-testing the VF-25 Messiah prior to its adoption by the New U.N. Spacy.

HI all,

Cool! Thanx!! Though I have to wonder why noone in the custom world has every tried to do an angel bird yet, sigh...... Perhaps i'll have to get another VF-25G just for this future project....... lol, If I could ever afford to comission one though.....

Is there a subbed version of the Yack Deculture edition of Close Encounter? I searched everywhere, even on MacrossShare, but couldn't find any...

Hello, I just finished to watch the original Macross TV show, then the movie and Macross Plus, now I start to watch Macross 7 and there's something wrong there ...

The Zentradi Excedol, in the TV show, is a red hair guy that has become a micron, and in the movie it's a giant green dude with a big brain on the head.

I thought Macross 7 was a sequel to the TV SHOW, not to the movie, so why is Excedol designed as the giant from the movie??? What a nonsense!!!?

If the movie is supposed to be an internal movie in the saga, why is excedol designed as this big head from the movie??? Shouldn't he be the red hair guy instead of this???

It makes no sense to me ... are they mixing the tv-show and the movie? It's not the same story, this has no sense ......

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Excedol from the original TV show:

200px-Exsedol_Folmo.jpg

Excedol from the movie:

kadr07.jpg

Excedol from Macross 7:

default.jpg

Edited by Awareman

Hello, I just finished to watch the original Macross TV show, then the movie and Macross Plus, now I start to watch Macross I thought Macross 7 was a sequel to the TV SHOW, not to the movie, so why is Excedol designed as the giant from the movie??? What a nonsense!!!?

[...]

It makes no sense to me ... are they mixing the tv-show and the movie? It's not the same story, this has no sense ......

Your confusion is understandable... as to whether the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series or DYRL is the correct adaptation of Space War 1, Kawamori essentially ducks the question by saying that the "true" Space War 1 (if such a thing could be said to exist) is a middle ground between the various depictions of the war (possibly one very similar to Macross: the First). While DYRL is nominally a "movie-within-the-universe", it would probably be more accurate to call it a pseudo-canon depiction of Space War 1 as well (at least, for the main timeline, for the alternate universe of Macross II and its prequels, DYRL is the correct version of Space War 1).

Anyhoo... after DYRL, Kawamori and co. seem to have decided that they liked a lot of the DYRL designs better than their TV series counterparts, and so they simply substituted the DYRL designs for the original designs, and only occasionally justified the change with an in-universe rationale...

For Exsedol Folmo/4970, it's really not clear if his DYRL or TV appearance is meant to be the correct one. It's mentioned that he WAS micloned at one time, but returned to his giant Zentradi stature and realtered his body makeup because he was afraid of losing his cerebral capacity and memories. It seems likely that he may have altered his body makeup to a more human-like TV appearance when micloned, and changed back to his DYRL appearance when at full Zentradi size. In Macross Frontier, an unnamed records officer similar in appearance to the DYRL Exsedol design is seen serving with the New U.N. Spacy's 33rd Marines under Major Ogotwhai (who also looks suspiciously similar to DYRL Vrlitwhai, and may be related to Vrlitwhai 7018 by cloning according to Macross Chronicle).

DYRL stuff crept into a few other places... in Macross 7 and Macross Frontier, DYRL-style Zentradi commanders (ala Vrlitwhai 7018) are seen, as does Vrlitwhai's DYRL apperance, the DYRL pilot jumpsuits, the DYRL-style Meltrandi ships (Fleet of the Strongest Women), the Block 6 version of the VF-1 with squared-off hands, and, of course, the DYRL-style Macross-class SDF (which seems to be the mass-production type).

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Thank you very much for clearing this up.

I guess, Macross 7 isn't really in the same universe than both the movie and the old show ...

It's a bit confusing ....

Kawamori addresses it all here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30317

It may reduce your confusion or it may increase it, depending.

My advice is not to worry about continuity too much. You'll be happier in the long run. ^_^

First of all I would like to say that this is my first post here. I am currently composing a script for another anime/sci-fi franchise. In doing so, I have had to familiarize myself with the Japanese culture, in order to understand the origin of the character, the ideals and symbolism used in telling the story. This has led me to research history, Hindu religion and anime to reach a better understanding of why certain choices were made in the creation of this franchise. As well as educating myself and learning what aspects of the culture will transcend well to the western world, it also has helped me to write in such a way, that the film can enjoyed by all age groups, all creeds and done so on many obvious and subliminal levels.

Anyhow, I have a question that has been an ongoing conundrum for fans of Macross, what are the best dvd releases to get? I would like to know two things.

1. What is the difference between the AnimeEigo Macross Box Set and the Macross Complete Set? I provided links so that here would be no confusion. I could not find the entire AnimeEigo boxset but have found the volumes available. Is this just a package difference? Or is the Complete Set better quality?

http://www.amazon.com/Macross-Set-1-Vols-1...196&sr=8-16

http://www.amazon.com/Macross-Collection-A...0196&sr=8-1

2. I have seen several different versions of “Do You Remember Love?” for sale. I have read that the Perfect Edition is the highest quality available. The other PE’s with English dubbing are copied after the ones that do not have dubbing. I have found a Korean Perfect Edition release of the film. Is there any difference at all in the quality or the language that is spoken by the cast? I understand some Japanese but not Korean. Here is the link

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-super-dimens...-0-en/info.html

I skimmed through all of this thread and the forums to see if I could find a definitive answer. However I could not. I need a little clarification on this subject. I would like to hear anything that you have to say! Whether it is your personal opinion or a presented fact does not make any difference to me. I appreciate all replies! Thank you again in advance.

First of all I would like to say that this is my first post here. I am currently composing a script for another anime/sci-fi franchise. In doing so, I have had to familiarize myself with the Japanese culture, in order to understand the origin of the character, the ideals and symbolism used in telling the story. This has led me to research history, Hindu religion and anime to reach a better understanding of why certain choices were made in the creation of this franchise. As well as educating myself and learning what aspects of the culture will transcend well to the western world, it also has helped me to write in such a way, that the film can enjoyed by all age groups, all creeds and done so on many obvious and subliminal levels.

Anyhow, I have a question that has been an ongoing conundrum for fans of Macross, what are the best dvd releases to get? I would like to know two things.

1. What is the difference between the AnimeEigo Macross Box Set and the Macross Complete Set? I provided links so that here would be no confusion. I could not find the entire AnimeEigo boxset but have found the volumes available. Is this just a package difference? Or is the Complete Set better quality?

http://www.amazon.com/Macross-Set-1-Vols-1...196&sr=8-16

http://www.amazon.com/Macross-Collection-A...0196&sr=8-1

2. I have seen several different versions of “Do You Remember Love?” for sale. I have read that the Perfect Edition is the highest quality available. The other PE’s with English dubbing are copied after the ones that do not have dubbing. I have found a Korean Perfect Edition release of the film. Is there any difference at all in the quality or the language that is spoken by the cast? I understand some Japanese but not Korean. Here is the link

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-super-dimens...-0-en/info.html

I skimmed through all of this thread and the forums to see if I could find a definitive answer. However I could not. I need a little clarification on this subject. I would like to hear anything that you have to say! Whether it is your personal opinion or a presented fact does not make any difference to me. I appreciate all replies! Thank you again in advance.

Your first link (the three DVD set) is only the first twelve episodes of the series. But you can find a complete Animeigo set without too much difficulty.

The consensus here seems to be that the Animeigo set (your first link) is generally the better-quality release, but I believe the ADV set (your second link) is cheaper.

The ADV set also has an English dub track in addition to the Japanese, but I think the majority agree that the show is better in Japanese.

Edited by Gubaba

On several online stores I've seen listings for Macross Ace Frontier which is of course already out, and something called Macros Ace Frontier (PSP the Best) which has a September release date for this year. Is this is re-release of Ace Frontier with extra stuff or something? Perhaps just the same game with a best seller tag?

On several online stores I've seen listings for Macross Ace Frontier which is of course already out, and something called Macros Ace Frontier (PSP the Best) which has a September release date for this year. Is this is re-release of Ace Frontier with extra stuff or something? Perhaps just the same game with a best seller tag?

No, it's a completely new game. A sequel if you will.