Millia Jenius and VF-4

the white drew carey

Remember this: Max Jenius M3 wallpaper?

Well, now there's a Millia one. Same theme as before.

First off, I must apologize to Dangard Ace. I said I would draw a Kakazaki for him, but I'm having a big brainfart on that one and needed to whip something out to placate myself that I've still got it... :rolleyes:

Secondly, I think Lightning 06 should be quite happy here, since he suggested something along these lines in the Max Jenius M3 thread.

As always, this picture is also posted up at Yellowlightman's Macross Fan Creations site at normal wallpaper size (for those who'd like to partake).

Simply follow this link: Millia Jenius M3 wallpaper, click on the picture itself to load up the full-sized version and then download to disk. It's as simple as that!!!

Anyhow, here's the MW-sized version... enjoy:

VERY NICE!!!

EDIT: never saw her in a black/red flight suit before though.

It's the flightsuit design from the Macross M3 game.

I took a couple of liberties with this, as well as the previous Max wallpaper. Mainly in making the metallic parts of the flightsuit a tad darker than they are portrayed in the game.

awesome work! just one note - her eyes give her a "Ben Dunn" look a bit, eh? but your milia is FAR better than dunn's Vampire Minmei!

Hrmm... You are kind right, but WDC's art is way better than Ben Dunn's in my opinion. Dunn has a really generic looking style, way overrated i think.

Awesome work as always WDC! :)

Ben Dunn shouldn't even be considered as a manga artist. Just because you use big eyes and a lot of fanservice doesn't mean you're as good as the real ones. I hate looking at his computer consoles and mech. They look like standard 60's american comics with the Lost In Space blinking lights.

I'm not saying that Americans can never be as good as their Japanese counterparts, there are some really good one that have the same flair and originality as the true manga artists. Joe Mad (that lazy f*ck), Dave Johnson, Travis Charest, Adam Hughes (you guys should see his manga stuff, their pretty rare but right on the money) and Even Alex Ross's paintings of the Gatchaman characters pays all lot of tribute to the original designers. Next to these guys, Ben Dunn wouldn't be able to stand...

That wallpaper's a beauty! I personally think WDC's drawing's a lot better than Ben Dunn myself IMHO

Ben Dunn shouldn't even be considered as a manga artist.  Just because you use big eyes and a lot of fanservice doesn't mean you're as good as the real ones.  I hate looking at his computer consoles and mech.  They look like standard 60's american comics with the Lost In Space blinking lights.

I'm not saying that Americans can never be as good as their Japanese counterparts, there are some really good one that have the same flair and originality as the true manga artists.  Joe Mad (that lazy f*ck), Dave Johnson, Travis Charest, Adam Hughes (you guys should see his manga stuff, their pretty rare but right on the money) and Even Alex Ross's paintings of the Gatchaman characters pays all lot of tribute to the original designers.  Next to these guys, Ben Dunn wouldn't be able to stand...

Gotta agree with you there Exo, I can't believe some people say he's the father of american "manga" when there's others who clearly draw manga-styled characters a lot better than him (e.g. Adam Warren)

Edited by bake_art