Robotech Shadow Chronicles gets a Blu-Ray release WTF!

Tobi54

Great for Robotech fans I guess, but I thought shadow chronicles was a POS, if we could only get macross stuff released in the US, this type of thing wouldnt piss me this much, farting HG.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/FUN..._September/1670

As a side note, Bandai, due to "fan demand" is releasing Gurren Lagann, subbed in the US, wouldnt it be a good time to push for a subbed release of MacF? If not a US release, maybe english subs on the scheduled Japanese release, as fan service maybe? Throw us a freaking bone :(

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention...i-entertainment

The second, however, came entirely out of left field, to cheers and gasps of surprise from the audience. Aniplex and Bandai Entertainment will be bringing out the North American release of Gurren Lagann. To get this highly anticipated anime out to fans as soon as possible, there will be two separate releases. In July, August, and September, the entire series will be brought out in a bare-bones sub-only format, at nine episodes per DVD. This will be followed in the first months of 2009 by a more standard release, containing both the original Japanese audio and a completely new English dub. Scenarios for online distribution are also being considered.

Did they ever finish making that series they were whining about?

Frontier isn't even finished yet. What I think you mean is Zero.

They're are still milking in the profits of the movie, supossedly the series is in production, but who cares lol.

And no, I meant the Japanese release of Frontier, since obviously we won't be getting a US release until they settle the rights issue, we could hope (ask, beg) for a english sub, so that fans can at least import the discs.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=579702

Edited by Tobi54

That was so almost my new wallpaper... As for Gurren Lagann, it's Bandai Entertainment doing the sub only release. Bandai Visual are the ones releasing Macross F in Japan, and they're already no strangers to sub only releases in the U.S. SRW, Gunbuster, Diebuster, and several others have all been sub only releases. The trick is in getting them to bring F here period.

Supposedly the big hault on Macross being released over here (according to HG), hasn't been HG themselves, but Big West being wary of working with R1 companies (due to Tatsunoku & HG). But given their great relationship with Bandai Visual, I don't see how they'd refuse a license from them.

Blu-Ray isn't big enough to contain this amount of detail.

post-1819-1208900630_thumb.jpg

The fact that someone would shell out the standard Blu-Ray price for that crap is amazing. Not to mention, it's robotech, so I'm not sure why the hell you'd want it anyway.

The fact that someone would shell out the standard Blu-Ray price for that crap is amazing. Not to mention, it's robotech, so I'm not sure why the hell you'd want it anyway.

Because it's not actually a bad movie if you take it for what it is.

I'm not saying the animation is better then Frontier though.

Even if it is an ok movie, is it Blu-Ray ok? By that I mean, most Blu-Ray releases are 10-15 bucks more than their standard def counterpart. With the quality of that animation, is it worth spending the extra scratch to get the "high-def" version?

edit: spelling

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

They can't ALL be Tommy Yune posting under fake names, can they?

There are probably a few people who quite honestly think that SC is better than MF...hell, Doug Bendo said that he thought Robotech: The Movie was better than DYRL, because DYRL "looks really, really rough." :blink:

Yes, Duke Togo, there ARE morons in this world...

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to quote Duke Togo's post...guess I'm the moron now, huh?

Edited by Gubaba

Most likely me.

And hey, I thought Tommy Yune got canned?

:::Disclaimer:::

I know this topic was forever forbidden to be spoken of again, but in the interests of comic timing, I have to mention it just once....

No, he got pied!

Yes it is. It's on the level of an awful Sci-Fi original movie and stuff like is bad and stupid. It can not be forgiven for having technobabble. Nothing can.

Eh, I just don't take it that seriously that I care about a little bit of technobabble... any more then I cared when one of the insecticons complained that a metal door he was eating was "a little heavy on the electrons" in the original Transformers movie.

It's not a great masterpiece, and I know it... but it's kinda fun. And I can even respect people who enjoy the story more then Frontier, that's their choice but someone who says that it's better from a technical stand point has been hitting the Flower of Life a bit too much (if you get my drift).

Honestly, I was expecting SC to be mindless drivel which is why I was pleasantly surprised to find it was slightly better then mindless drivel. Sure why not put it on a HD format... it was filmed in HD and it won't make it look any worse.

I'll probably pick it up in a few years or so.

Eh, I just don't take it that seriously that I care about a little bit of technobabble... any more then I cared when one of the insecticons complained that a metal door he was eating was "a little heavy on the electrons" in the original Transformers movie.

It's not a great masterpiece, and I know it... but it's kinda fun. And I can even respect people who enjoy the story more then Frontier, that's their choice but someone who says that it's better from a technical stand point has been hitting the Flower of Life a bit too much (if you get my drift).

Honestly, I was expecting SC to be mindless drivel which is why I was pleasantly surprised to find it was slightly better then mindless drivel. Sure why not put it on a HD format... it was filmed in HD and it won't make it look any worse.

I'll probably pick it up in a few years or so.

Well, yeah...to be fair, a lot of us are unfairly biased against SC. If it didn't have all the Robotech/Macross/HG/BW baggage attached to it, it would probably be regarded as a curiosity more than anything else. It's easy to rip it to shreds if you have half a mind to, just like it's easy to praise it to the skies if you care to. As Ginrai and VF5SS said on their podcast, though, it's not very Robotech-ish, but it does feel a lot like Star Trek.

Me, I was annoyed that it even got released, so I was looking for reasons to hate it. I found them, of course, but I will admit that I watched the whole thing. Not all in one sitting, but I never got bored or annoyed enough to turn it off for good.

"Robotech 3: Not Necessarily the Sentinels" was WAY better, though. Someone needs to get THAT onto a DVD...