Macross Compendium Goes Wiki?

Vinnie

Sweet. This is great! Much better presentation.

Really? I really can't stand Wiki formats. Yes I use them but I hate them. I doubt that things will stay accurate. If you like the old version get a website extractor program and save the entire site on your computer.

Well, there's incorrect stuff creeping through and there's also stupid fanisms that tend to creep through because fans all mutually agree something is true even if it's not, which is a bigger concern I think. Policing a wiki is a lot more work than Egan may realize, but in any cases, there's no way it can be official anymore if it's fan created content even if Egan fact checks everything.

Wait - but - WHO is Shammy married to??

I mean - if she's married to Loli then fine - but it doesn't say that Loli is married; so I don't get it...

I mean - NOWHERE in SDFM does Shammy get married; and if she was married to some guy back on Earth, then she sure doesn't show it during the entire time the Macross is flying from Pluto to Earth - in fact she seems like a fun single girl!

I refuse to accept that Shammy is married. Then again - I ALWAYS fall for chick who turn out to be married! Even in anime!

VFTF1

Wait - but - WHO is Shammy married to??

I mean - if she's married to Loli then fine - but it doesn't say that Loli is married; so I don't get it...

I mean - NOWHERE in SDFM does Shammy get married; and if she was married to some guy back on Earth, then she sure doesn't show it during the entire time the Macross is flying from Pluto to Earth - in fact she seems like a fun single girl!

I refuse to accept that Shammy is married. Then again - I ALWAYS fall for chick who turn out to be married! Even in anime!

VFTF1

I bet she got married to that guy who works on the bridge whose pants she threatened to pull off.

In which case, she's probably sitting around bored in ANIME MAJIKKU WAARUDO, thinking, "I wish VFTF1 would show up to rescue me from my loveless marriage..."

I bet she got married to that guy who works on the bridge whose pants she threatened to pull off.

In which case, she's probably sitting around bored in ANIME MAJIKKU WAARUDO, thinking, "I wish VFTF1 would show up to rescue me from my loveless marriage..."

Yea, doesn't that stink when your girlfriend lives in a different reality than your own. :p

Read the Japanese Wiki on Macross. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Are you talking about this?

町崎健一(まちざき けんいち)

声 - 中原茂

第一次星間大戦終戦後の新統合軍司令センターのスタッフ。気が弱く、同僚のキムやシャミーにいじめられる。モデルは本作の脚本家、松崎健一。

Or about Shammy? I don't think it said who her husband was, it just said that Global was the matchmaker...

In any case, I was close. The character's name is Kenichi Machizaki, and he's based on Kenichi Matsuzaki, the script editor.

Well this whole situation is just balls!

Shammy OBVIOUSLY doesn't love her husband! He FORCED her to marry him! He's the SCRIPT WRITER for crying out loud!

If he had ASKED Shammy - Shammy would have said "no way! If you must have me marry someone, have me marry Loli the Laundry guy, or better yet transport me out of this reality into the same one that VFTF1 is in!"

But clearly that guy used his Script Writer powers to force Shammy into a marriage she never wanted!

This is a mission that calls for Super Inter Dimmensional Fortress Man!

And I guess this is also the first bit of "cannon" that I respectfully refuse to acknowledge :) Didn't happen!

VFTF1

Well this whole situation is just balls!

Shammy OBVIOUSLY doesn't love her husband! He FORCED her to marry him! He's the SCRIPT WRITER for crying out loud!

This is the answer for your doubt: Why beautiful women marry less attractive man :D :D :D

Macross wiki is good, but must be carefully maintained or a certain people will write gibberish article and ruined everything.

Well, I read the article - and it is disheartening, to say the least - mainly because it is yet another example of how low the humanities have fallen: from assessing the meaning of human happiness and the potential ways of arriving at happiness to merely researching trends in human activity on a very general level, based on extremely precise variables, all to come up with a very common sense observation that has about as much truth in it as its' oppossite (aka - it's just an opinion dressed up in pseudo-scientific lingo).

But even if we take that study at face value - it doesn't explain why Shammy would marry Mr. "don't tear my pants off!"

His looks are debatable. I would even venture as far as saying that his looks are potentially not that bad - what makes him look bad is his personality. In fact, I would venture to speculate that physical attractiveness and personality are linked. Some one with an annoying personality tends not to look so attractive - the same can be said for dress aesthetics. Someone might be physically attractive, but dresses in a way that hids it.

In other words - given a fashion makeover ; the guy might not look half bad. Point is: he's not necessarily much less good looking than Shammy.

And he's certainly FAAAR better looking than Loli.

But Loli has a lot of great personality and warmth and is just fun. Sure; he probably makes less money than that pants guy...

But pants guy probably makes about as much as Shammy - so I don't exactly see how someone neurotic and jumpy with a salary likely not higher than Shammy's could get Shammy to marry him.

But on the other hand - air head idiot women often do the stupidest and most inexplicable things - so fine! But don't expect me to ever write a good word about Shammy again!

VFTF1