WALL-E

Thanks for that. Great vid. My son and I have been watching every preview there is over and over and over again. Then he wants to watch the Danny Choo Stormtrooper Dancing to Earth Wind and Fire on YouTube.

I got my first three Wall-e toys yesterday. My local TRU has them. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

The local Target had a huge rack of them that I noticed on Sunday while picking up some milk. I bought one of them (the 20 piece "repair" Wall-E) and it's pretty neat. Decent sized and decent detail.

Sweet. I got that one too. It was a close to a tranforming Wall-e that they had. I also got one of those little gashapon sized wall-e and eve sets and for my son I got him the large "interaction" talking and moving wall-e.

Supposedly come summer there will be a voice command robot replica version for $200.

Where did you pick up the figures from? I've heard they were out at Target but none of the ones I've been to have had them out. I'm still not keen on Wall-E's design, but I rather like the look of Eve and wouldn't mind having a figure of her.

but I rather like the look of Eve and wouldn't mind having a figure of her.

I know....isn't she sleek and HOT! Something about her eyes. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Where did you pick up the figures from? I've heard they were out at Target but none of the ones I've been to have had them out. I'm still not keen on Wall-E's design, but I rather like the look of Eve and wouldn't mind having a figure of her.

Toys R Us baby! They had a huge assortment of every Wall-e thing imagineable (Exept the Ultimate wall-e due in Sept and the Interaction Eve). The interation eve should come out soon though. But Toys R Us had several other eve toys just not the moving talking one.

The interation eve

YUM! I can't wait! :lol: No really though.....these toys are really neat. I think I'll REALLY enjoy the movie to.

:ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...

Opening day! Whos going?

I have already promised my 3&1/2 year old son and his mom that we would all go together on July 4th....

BUT....

I dont think I can wait.

I may just have to go see it once or twice before that with my buddies.

Saw it, enjoy it alot. It's up there with all the other Pixar releases. The visuals are awesome! Loved the depth of field and soft focus. The only con I can think is it's a bit too long, they could have condense it a bit. Overall, highly recommend it.

I took my 4 year old to see it today. What a great film. I've liked most of the Pixar movies especially The Incredibles and I'm a sucker for plucky robots. I get a lump in throat when R2 goes out to repair the Naboo Royal Starship in The Phantom Menace.

This one was a natural for me.

I'd be in the market for some toys but I have not seen any yet at the Disney Store or TRU.

How ironic is it that one of the biggest entertainment and merchandising corporations would make a movie where corporate greed and consumerism destroy the Earth?

VERY!

Edited by DestroidDefender

Just saw it for the first time tonight. I really loved it. Of course the designs and animation were mind blowing. I am posting here now an excerpt from an email that I just wrote a dear friend (possible spoilers, most of it to some extent, has been protected so unmask at your own risk) :

"It was incredible . . .

actually quite a deep and profound film

and a great love story also with characters (wall-e and eve) being believably emotive and with the ability to really be evocatively moving. I really felt like I was wall-e when I was watching it - he is such an endearing character - I suppose most people would feel empathetic. And eve was so graceful, independent, beautiful, strong, intelligent and loving it was difficult not to fall in love with her.

It had a strong environmental message and seeing the earth all polluted like that really effected me making me feel emotionally connected to the earth and sad. Then the commentary on the collapse of human civilization with corporate brainwashing, consumerism, and the sedentary, disconnected state that humans are falling into. The constant text messaging and emails (ironic? yes. lets talk! seriously. call me. even that? lets talk in person) being glued in front of a screen and complete ignorance of our surroundings.

I also wonder if its partly being sardonic in that it is such a ridiculous assumption (or even arrogance) to posit that the human race will be able to survive the havoc we have already wreaked on this beautiful planet and be able to escape and survive in outer space for 700 years on a ship. If we can not manage our resources and balance on this planet then how would we be able to do so in a spaceship? At the same time it is heartwarming and encouraging while during the credits they allude that the humans were finally able to live on earth and get it back in balance. I wonder if that line of encouragement can also be easily crossed into apathy or the felling that everything is going to be all right (following that, "I dont have to do anything to save the environment. It is all going to work out"?).

I had such a strange experience driving out of the parking lot, seated in this vehicle that seemed like a robot to me and watching the road below me; the streets looked a bit battered, there was a bit of litter here and there, trees were spotting the concrete like meek reminders begging us to remember the earth and natural cycles amidst and regardless of our technology and development. I could not help but think that we are headed in this direction already - humankind polluting the earth so much.

I was guilty too. First thing i did when I got out of the theater room (aside from going to the theater restroom awkwardly trying to avoid acknowledgment of the human peeing next to me) was turning on my cell phone, receiving a voicemail while starting my car and checking it while driving regardless of the fact that I believe it is dangerous and stupid to use a cell phone while driving with the added irony that in 3 days from now it will be a law that I will be proudly following.

"

It is now my favorite pixar film. I will see it again on july 4th to take my son and will probably own it on dvd.

Go see it in the theater!

Just saw it for the first time tonight. I really loved it. Of course the designs and animation were mind blowing. I am posting here now an excerpt from an email that I just wrote a dear friend (possible spoilers, most of it to some extent, has been protected so unmask at your own risk) :

"It was incredible . . .

actually quite a deep and profound film

and a great love story also with characters (wall-e and eve) being believably emotive and with the ability to really be evocatively moving. I really felt like I was wall-e when I was watching it - he is such an endearing character - I suppose most people would feel empathetic. And eve was so graceful, independent, beautiful, strong, intelligent and loving it was difficult not to fall in love with her.

It had a strong environmental message and seeing the earth all polluted like that really effected me making me feel emotionally connected to the earth and sad. Then the commentary on the collapse of human civilization with corporate brainwashing, consumerism, and the sedentary, disconnected state that humans are falling into. The constant text messaging and emails (ironic? yes. lets talk! seriously. call me. even that? lets talk in person) being glued in front of a screen and complete ignorance of our surroundings.

I also wonder if its partly being sardonic in that it is such a ridiculous assumption (or even arrogance) to posit that the human race will be able to survive the havoc we have already wreaked on this beautiful planet and be able to escape and survive in outer space for 700 years on a ship. If we can not manage our resources and balance on this planet then how would we be able to do so in a spaceship? At the same time it is heartwarming and encouraging while during the credits they allude that the humans were finally able to live on earth and get it back in balance. I wonder if that line of encouragement can also be easily crossed into apathy or the felling that everything is going to be all right (following that, "I dont have to do anything to save the environment. It is all going to work out"?).

I had such a strange experience driving out of the parking lot, seated in this vehicle that seemed like a robot to me and watching the road below me; the streets looked a bit battered, there was a bit of litter here and there, trees were spotting the concrete like meek reminders begging us to remember the earth and natural cycles amidst and regardless of our technology and development. I could not help but think that we are headed in this direction already - humankind polluting the earth so much.

I was guilty too. First thing i did when I got out of the theater room (aside from going to the theater restroom awkwardly trying to avoid acknowledgment of the human peeing next to me) was turning on my cell phone, receiving a voicemail while starting my car and checking it while driving regardless of the fact that I believe it is dangerous and stupid to use a cell phone while driving with the added irony that in 3 days from now it will be a law that I will be proudly following.

"

It is now my favorite pixar film. I will see it again on july 4th to take my son and will probably own it on dvd.

Go see it in the theater!

I have to agree with your overall opinion on the film as well

The film has a particularly strong underlying environmental message to it... It also shows what is wrong with our society and what it has become... A world without faith of beliefs, without morals or love for one another, where money and pleasure are first and foremost in life at the expense of everything else...

Wall-E is quite possibly one of the greatest post-apocalyptic dystopian films ever made... and it's G-rated!

I loved how the CEO and the President were one and the same. It takes a lot of guts to have scenes like that in a G-rated film.

Edited by ssfsx17

I saw it twice this weekend and enjoyed it immensely.

The only store that had toys in my area was Toys - r -Us. I got the interactive Wall-E and some small figurines. A stockperson at target basically said they got zilch for Wall-E, Disney was pushing its Camp Rock (what the hell is that?). I can't believe they didn't think Wall-E would do real well!

The opening here in Mexico will be next thursday, I think, but I've already bought my first WALL-E toy. The shelves of my local Walmart are filled with WALL-E merchandise since last week.

I also get the U-repair WALL-E, because it's the only version of the whole line that has working treads. I wonder if the ultimate WALL-E will feature "box mode" or sliding shoulders. I doubt it but it would be so cool.

Edit: Great work there, Grand Admiral. Very impressive. Congratulations!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Great Lego creation grand admiral!

I think I will have to stock up on the toys now before they become hard to get.

I just saw this last night and already want to see it again.

BTW, if any of you are interested in the toys I have the $30 interaction wall-e that talks and it is very cool however the $60 version of the same thing that is remote controlled looks even cooler.

I read some of the black bars, and I don't like where this movie is heading.

So this movie is another Gorebal Warming anti human propaganda piece to brainwash the weak minded?

Global warming is a scam to take away your individual rights. You may think that creating laws to regulate the use of cell phones while driving is a good thing, but that's just a guise to slowly take away your freedom. Everything is about taking away your freedom, whether you see it or not.

The planet will, and has, outlived ANYTHING that's existed on its surface.

I take offense to the term corporate brainwashing. It is a free market system. Emphasis on FREE. I don't get caught up in all that bulkinization because I see myself as an individual.

I don't have a cell phone. I don't need it. I don't carry any type of portable communication device on me, or in the car. I just don't have a need for it. Those that want to use it, that's what it's there for. Stop hating yourself, and start using common sense. With the internet and instant live medium for information, it's not difficult to learn about your surroundings, and who the real culprits are in this world.

There are people out there who know what's right, and there are those who want to bring down everything for their own selfish gain. As long as common sense survives, I still have my faith in humanity as it is our last hope, but there are those out there that work against it and they're getting the upper hand.

I'm not sure I want to see this movie now. If its message is to sway more spineless gelatin grey matter into a hoax, then blood will probably shoot out of my eyes at every second of this film's existence.

I read some of the black bars, and I don't like where this movie is heading.

So this movie is another Gorebal Warming anti human propaganda piece to brainwash the weak minded?

Global warming is a scam to take away your individual rights. You may think that creating laws to regulate the use of cell phones while driving is a good thing, but that's just a guise to slowly take away your freedom. Everything is about taking away your freedom, whether you see it or not.

The planet will, and has, outlived ANYTHING that's existed on its surface.

I take offense to the term corporate brainwashing. It is a free market system. Emphasis on FREE. I don't get caught up in all that bulkinization because I see myself as an individual.

I don't have a cell phone. I don't need it. I don't carry any type of portable communication device on me, or in the car. I just don't have a need for it. Those that want to use it, that's what it's there for. Stop hating yourself, and start using common sense. With the internet and instant live medium for information, it's not difficult to learn about your surroundings, and who the real culprits are in this world.

There are people out there who know what's right, and there are those who want to bring down everything for their own selfish gain. As long as common sense survives, I still have my faith in humanity as it is our last hope, but there are those out there that work against it and they're getting the upper hand.

I'm not sure I want to see this movie now. If its message is to sway more spineless gelatin grey matter into a hoax, then blood will probably shoot out of my eyes at every second of this film's existence.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't degenerate this thread into an emotional political discussion. Yes, in WALL-E the environment is screwed up. No, it doesn't preach at you. If you are one of those very small amount of people who hear a message saying pick up litter and start cursing at the screen, then do yourself a favor and forget the movie ever existed. It's ok to think taking care of the environment is OK without making it a political issue. If you can't do that, then don't see the movie. Just for the sakes of those that don't want to read your rants that have nothing to do with the movie.