WALL-E

I don't think anyone has posted yet about the new PIXAR film WALL-E yet so here it is.

Official WALL-E site

The Original WALL-E Builders Group

WOW!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this. It looks really really great! I am soooo excited! I just watched the trailer and it looks incredible! And something that I can bring my son to watch too! This is fantastic.

Your welcome.

The WALL-E Builders Club was created after a thread on the R2 Builders Group on Yahoo grew so large that people wanted a group for just WALL-E Builders.

I feel the movie is going to be very popular.

Edited by B-52 GUNNER

Pixar + Brad Bird = Automatic win.

I will fight anyone who suggests otherwise.

I agree...but this isn't a Brad Bird movie. Andrew Stanton wrote and directed it.

All I can say about WALL-E is...."Number Five is Alive!"

Looks like a cool film but the main robot evokes Short Circuit too much for me to appreciate his aesthetics.

I agree...but this isn't a Brad Bird movie. Andrew Stanton wrote and directed it.

All I can say about WALL-E is...."Number Five is Alive!"

Looks like a cool film but the main robot evokes Short Circuit too much for me to appreciate his aesthetics.

I loved short Circuit when I was a kid! That is part of the design appropriation that I like about wall-E.

I loved short Circuit when I was a kid! That is part of the design appropriation that I like about wall-E.

I loved it too, but I'd rather see something more original in a new character design instead of something that just makes me think of a different character from another movie. However I'm sure this film will be fantastic and I'll probably see it on opening day.

I loved it too, but I'd rather see something more original in a new character design instead of something that just makes me think of a different character from another movie. However I'm sure this film will be fantastic and I'll probably see it on opening day.

Sure. I know what you mean. I would like to see it in the theaters a couple of times. First time with my buddies (probably heavily intoxicated) and second time (sober) with my son. Is that wrong?

Sure. I know what you mean. I would like to see it in the theaters a couple of times. First time with my buddies (probably heavily intoxicated) and second time (sober) with my son. Is that wrong?

I wouldn't say it's wrong to see a film with your son while you're sober. :p

Well I'll be damned. I have been lead astray by the internet, and my oft-fuzzy recollections of blogs it contains. :angry:

Heh, I was actually so excited when you mentioned Brad Bird was involved that I went to IMDB to see if he wrote it or just directed it, only to find it was neither. :mellow:

Heh, I was actually so excited when you mentioned Brad Bird was involved that I went to IMDB to see if he wrote it or just directed it, only to find it was neither. :mellow:

Yeah it turns out I was cross-remembering it with a real story about Bird directing "1906", which was about the same time as the Wall E trailer first hit the net. (I have since been forced to release my longtime assistant and fact checker, Kaydee the Kat. It turns out she wanted to pursue a different opportunity anyway. Something about chasing some string under the couch.)

Saw a poster of it a few weeks ago. Thought it looked a lot like Johnny Five from Short Circuit (which I love). Didn't know it was from Pixar, so that is a good plus.

While seeing the first part of the trailer I felt like I really wanted to see it, but man, the second half gives enough plot away that I can visualize the whole movie now. I just can't see trailers these days :angry:

Saw a poster of it a few weeks ago. Thought it looked a lot like Johnny Five from Short Circuit (which I love). Didn't know it was from Pixar, so that is a good plus.

While seeing the first part of the trailer I felt like I really wanted to see it, but man, the second half gives enough plot away that I can visualize the whole movie now. I just can't see trailers these days :angry:

True, the previews should start with a disclaimer, "this preview may contain spoilers. In fact we will disclose the entire plot for you so that you will have no need to see it. And you are welcome. Go see another movie if you want a surprise."

ME TOO!!! That movie was great! Also the Part 2 was AWESOME as well!

"Hey Laserlips...your momma was a snow blower" LMFAO :lol::lol::lol:

:ph34r:

That's the best idea I have EVER heard ;) . I'll be on the intoxicated mission with you. :D

:ph34r:

Speaking of Pixar, how were Cars and Ratatowahtever? The Incredibles was fantastic but now I remember that Monster and Nemo were kinda boring IMO, very pretty looking but boring.

I'm really loosing track of animated movies since most just concentrate on the kids and the winks to grownups are more far between.

Speaking of Pixar, how were Cars and Ratatowahtever? The Incredibles was fantastic but now I remember that Monster and Nemo were kinda boring IMO, very pretty looking but boring.

I'm really loosing track of animated movies since most just concentrate on the kids and the winks to grownups are more far between.

I really enjoyed Ratatouilepazzollaphone, at least once I let go of my supreme annoyance of the stereotypical "French" voices (apparently everyone in France speaks English with a 'French' accent). I haven't checked out the DVD yet but I'm hoping it has a French dub so I can watch it that way with English subs. :) Aside from that, it had a pretty engaging story and a lot of fun rat-sized action. Maybe I liked it more because I love to cook. Needless to say the animation and sound was spectacular.

Cars...meh. I only watched it because it was thrown in for the neices and nephews after Xmas dinner. I didn't expect to like it, and my expectations were met. I found the characters and dialogue boring and stereotypical and the whole cars-as-people idea has just never cought on with me (unless they turn into robots of course!). The animation was great, and it's obviously a huge kid-pleaser and merchandise machine, so it did what it was meant to do. Still wasn't as bad as Bee Movie though. Even Seinfeld couldn't save that mess.

Edited by eriku

Cars...meh. I only watched it because it was thrown in for the neices and nephews after Xmas dinner. I didn't expect to like it, and my expectations were met. I found the characters and dialogue boring and stereotypical and the whole cars-as-people idea has just never cought on with me (unless they turn into robots of course!). The animation was great, and it's obviously a huge kid-pleaser and merchandise machine, so it did what it was meant to do. Still wasn't as bad as Bee Movie though. Even Seinfeld couldn't save that mess.

Replace Cars with Nemo and that's me.

Of course it's fun to keep mentioning "sushi" whenever Nemo comes on screen.....

I actually liked Finding Nemo the first time I saw it. But since I have seen it at least 60 times now because of my son's obsession with watching it constantly I can safely say I get nauseous just thinking about it now.

Funny because he used to watch Totoro at least once a day for months and I NEVER get sick of that one. Miyazaki is still better than Pixar.

And of course I do love sushi!

I went to the aquarium with my son and his mother a few months ago and at lunch I had calamari. She said something like, "how could you eat seafood after seeing all of these beautiful fish?!" and I was like, "Looking at all those fish made me so hungry!". However I do see her point and I am a bit of a monster for lacking the compassion but I figured why be a hypocrite and not eat fish now because I am at an aquarium but then eat fish at a restaurant in town tomorrow night as if that is any better?

(EDIT: It would be cool if I had the compassion to be a vegetarian. But I am a monster who rationalizes that I need the massive overdoses of animal protein at least several times a week - if not day!)

Sorry, Back on topic. I love robots (As do most of us I can safely assume) and this robot movie WALL-E looks like it will be a blast! Pixar has some incredible talent and technology and I am sure it will be entertaining and at least visually stunning.

And BTW, I just put Short Circuit on my netflix because I have not seen it since it came out originally!

Edited by miriya

I went to the aquarium with my son and his mother a few months ago and at lunch I had calamari. She said something like, "how could you eat seafood after seeing all of these beautiful fish?!"

You should have replied, "Oh, I only eat the ugly ones."

Ha! True that. Have you seen a Tuna? I freaking love Maguro and Hamachi!!!

Tunas are a pretty nasty looking fish, which is probably why they're so tasty (except canned, ew). Maybe fish get tastier the uglier they get. :)

Funny how this thread degraded into ugly fish. :D

Well, I did originally think the thread said "WALLEYE". Sorry, that was awful. :(

Back on topic, I wonder if there will be a 'transforming' toy of the...the egg, pod thing. Whatever it is. I'm anxious to see what other robots will be in this film, too.

• 4 weeks later...