Star Wars toys

Just got back from Toys'r'us and bought an exclusive B-Wing. I have never had one of these before. Can someone give me the scoop on it before I open it?
Too bad nobody replied. I myself wasn't aware that this topic was still active :(

How do you like it? I bought the previous reissue of the B-Wing 8 or so years ago.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Too bad nobody replied. I myself wasn't aware that this topic was still active :(

How do you like it? I bought the previous reissue of the B-Wing 8 or so years ago.

I love it. The pilot figure is pretty well detailed and fairly poseable, but the b-wing is everything I imagined it would be growing up. A couople neat things about it are the fact that you can twist and engine to open the wings, gimicky but it made me happy. I also like the wing tip weapons. it comes with a set of missl elaunchers that fire small projectiles. The other interesting thing is that the cockpit is weighted so that it stays properly oriented if you turn the b-wing. To be clear what I mean is if you deploy the wings and the b-wing switches from flying horizontally to vertically like in ROTJ, the pilot stays upright. Very cool. I reccomend this toy.

Only problem I have with the b-wing is i can't for the life of me figure out how it resembles a 'b'. I see it in the x-wing, y-wing, and somewhat in the a-wing, but the b-wing I am guess I am just missing it. If someone could point that out to me I would appreciate it.

Only problem I have with the b-wing is i can't for the life of me figure out how it resembles a 'b'. I see it in the x-wing, y-wing, and somewhat in the a-wing, but the b-wing I am guess I am just missing it. If someone could point that out to me I would appreciate it.

The "B" stands for "blade."

Hey, is that the Obi Wan from the Falcon passengers set?

I don't believe so, although I don't own the Falcon set. It is an upcoming release as a regular figure for Wave 1 2009. Should be on shelves on 1/15. Here is a pic of the upcoming figures.

post-690-1231047173_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to Han, Luke, Obi-wan, Space Trooper, and the Jawa. The build-a-driods look cool as well.

Hi G-man

i bought one for my kid (X mas) and the legs DO fall easily.... way too easy. It is a poorly designed toy IMO, and considering the price tag it is a huge let down if not a straight rip off.

Anyways I did fix the problem, I can post some pics later if you want... it looks diffcult to do but if you have the tools it is actally pretty easy.

After the legs stay in place, the toy is truly amazing.

quote name='Graham' date='Dec 1 2008, 08:59 PM' post='686711']

Was considering getting the big AT TE, but I've been reading online about how the legs fall off too easily.

Anyboday have it and have this problem.

Graham

Hi Sebastian,

I didn't buy him the AT TE in the end. I got him the Rebuplic Gunship instead and about 12 different Clone Trooper figures.

Graham

I don't believe so, although I don't own the Falcon set. It is an upcoming release as a regular figure for Wave 1 2009. Should be on shelves on 1/15. Here is a pic of the upcoming figures.

post-690-1231047173_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to Han, Luke, Obi-wan, Space Trooper, and the Jawa. The build-a-driods look cool as well.

Looks like the stand alone Obi has the brown fabric robe whereas the passengers set one hasn't. Bummer. Hasbro strikes again <_<

I noticed around my area we have had a large restocking at the Walmarts. I've never seen so many Commander Faie figures in one store. At least 2 stores had around 5 or 6 of them on the shelves. I remember only being able to find 1 at any given time. It's interesting because some stores seem to be totally wiped out of Star Wars figures while others seem to be fully stocked and figures literally falling of the pegs.

From what I can tell the Obi-wan in the Falcon Battle pack appears to be this one. Which is from the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection. I'm not sure if the cloak that originally came with this figure is included in the Falcon battle pack.

post-690-1231268862_thumb.jpg post-690-1231268878_thumb.jpg

I tried looking to see where the Luke came from, but I can't seem to determine which version it is. Perhaps it's a kit bash from previous figures.

Edited by sharky

I don't know if anybody posted about it yet, but I ran across the 18" Star Wars Quarter Scale series Darth Maul on saturday at target. 79.99 was what it was priced at! That thing it pretty friggin huge! I didn't think they would make star war figures that big! Anybody gonna buy one?

From what I can tell the Obi-wan in the Falcon Battle pack appears to be this one. Which is from the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection.

It is.

I'm not sure if the cloak that originally came with this figure is included in the Falcon battle pack.

It isn't.

I don't know if anybody posted about it yet, but I ran across the 18" Star Wars Quarter Scale series Darth Maul on saturday at target. 79.99 was what it was priced at! That thing it pretty friggin huge! I didn't think they would make star war figures that big! Anybody gonna buy one?

Oh man I didn't even know Target was getting those! I've seen a link for it at RebelScum, it is higly articulated, looks pretty neat, and for the size, not bad for the price. These are sculpted by Art Asylum, and I like their toys. I might pick up an Anakin, maybe a ANH Vader if they make one.

It is.

It isn't.

Oh man I didn't even know Target was getting those! I've seen a link for it at RebelScum, it is higly articulated, looks pretty neat, and for the size, not bad for the price. These are sculpted by Art Asylum, and I like their toys. I might pick up an Anakin, maybe a ANH Vader if they make one.

whoops I meant TRU. I always think target because they always get better exclusives. ^_^

whoops I meant TRU. I always think target because they always get better exclusives. ^_^

That makes sense because Art Asylum/Diamond Select toys has a deal now with TRU to sell their products. I noticed TRU has a cool Enterprise toy from the original series as well. Also an Art Asylum/Diamond Select toy.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com

http://www.artasylum.com

Edited by sharky

Here's a link which shows the next Wave for The Clone Wars figures. I was wondering when they would release a clone trooper with that bad a$$ gun. If you recall the episode entitled "Rookies" at one point during the show a clone trooper pulls out a huge gun in an attempt to hold off the attack. Now all I need are those cool battle droids from that episode as well.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats...Wars_120200.asp

Edited by sharky

Here's a pic of Wave 6 for The Legacy Collection

We have Capt. Needa, Medical Frigate Luke (w/ prosthetic hand), Emperor Palpatine, Ugnaughts, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Medical Frigate Princess Leia. They are finally putting out better Luke and Leia likenesses IMO. Remember the bad old days of bad Lukes and absolutely hideous Leias. I also have a pic of the new Snow Trooper which is supposed to be showing up in stores right now although I haven't seen any yet.

post-690-1231611178_thumb.jpg

Snow Trooper

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=h...nowtrooper2.jpg

Edited by sharky

We have Capt. Needa, Medical Frigate Luke (w/ prosthetic hand), Emperor Palpatine, Ugnaughts, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Medical Frigate Princess Leia. They are finally putting out better Luke and Leia likenesses IMO. Remember the bad old days of bad Lukes and absolutely hideous Leias. I also have a pic of the new Snow Trooper which is supposed to be showing up in stores right now although I haven't seen any yet.

Snow Trooper

That's a much nicer Leia! All the ones they have punched out are fugly.

That Luke fig looks like a keeper! :)

Snow Trooper

Ahhhh. I still have a first run POTF Monkey Leia MOC. Man she was hideous.

Vostok 7

She was shaved i believe.

:lol: :lol:

Anyone know about the Titanium line releasing a TIE Defender? I heard it was coming in an upcoming wave, just wanted to see if anyone had a confirmation or some pictures.

Still waiting for someone to give some love to the proper non-egg cockpit TIE Avenger. I mean, the TIE Defender is cool and all, but the Avenger was always my favorite in TIE Fighter. That and the Missile Boat... Nothing like raining space bomb destruction on your nearest super Calamari Cruiser. ^_^

This Avenger:

eu_sm.jpg

Not this one:

TIE-Avenger.jpg

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Love the Avenger, the only Tie (besides the bulky Tie Bomber) i regard as cool. Might even get one msyelf if it comes local...

When i played as an Empire pilot, the Avenger was always my first choice. Hated Darth's custom epi 4.

Whats the BEST website to view all up-n-coming Star Wars figs/machines??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Love the Avenger, the only Tie (besides the bulky Tie Bomber) i regard as cool. Might even get one msyelf if it comes local...

When i played as an Empire pilot, the Avenger was always my first choice. Hated Darth's custom epi 4.

Whats the BEST website to view all up-n-coming Star Wars figs/machines??

I don't know why but I love the TIE Bomber too :lol:

But yeah, the Avenger is so cool. Much cooler than Darth's TIE Advanced X1 (which is the early predecessor of the Avenger). It just looks so elegant. I like the Defender because it's crazy deadly, but it looks rather cumbersome compared to the elegant "Super Interceptor" look of the Avenger.

I spent WAY too much time playing TIE Fighter as a young'n.

Vostok 7

Whoa...the TIE Avenger looks cool! Thanks for posting that, I've never seen it. I like the Interceptor the best, followed by the Bomber. The Defender looks weird, though I'll admit I like it better than the one in the Legacy comics, forgot what that was called. Surprisingly enough, I'm not a big fan of the regular TIE fighter. Looks too plain to me.

BTW guys, NEW prototypes!

Anyone know about the Titanium line releasing a TIE Defender? I heard it was coming in an upcoming wave, just wanted to see if anyone had a confirmation or some pictures.

Just to be sure, you're talking about the tri-solar panel one? If so, it's been out. I picked one up late last year. I can post picks tomorrow as I'm about to go to sleep at the moment. The interesting thing about this Titanium is that it came with a special stand that attaches to the rear of the vehicle rather than the bottom.

Edited by sharky

oi, maybe i meant to say that i love the Intercepter... now that Avenger is another shown as another type above. :wacko:

Nope, sorry, that's not an Avenger, just one that guy came up with. The Avenger I posted, the first image is from the Star Wars website (originally it was seen on the Star Wars CCG card for the Avenger, the Avenger first appeared in this form in the original TIE Fighter video game), the second image is from one of the later video games (X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter or X-Wing Alliance). That's the established design for the "TIE Advanced/Avenger", though I prefer the first design over the second one I posted which has the "squashed" cockpit.

Here's the Wookiepedia (canon) entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/ad_starfighter

And the Starwars.com (meaning: Official) entry: http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/...nger/index.html

The one LSB posted reminds me of a cross between the TIE Raptor (non Imperial design, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/rpt_starfighter) and the Nssis-class Clawcraft used by the Chiss (Thrawn's race) (Also a non-Imperial design, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/rpt_starfighter), but it's definitely a non-canon creation.

Edit: It's also similar to the TIE Hunter which WAS an Imperial TIE. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Hunter

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7