Thunder Hammer

EXO

oooh, just found these... some shots with the missile panels closed.

I remember this. funny story, after we both lost out of our local Socal poker game, I decided to take pics of the TH. This was pure kitchen table lighting and a poster sized piece of black paper. I accidentally dropped one of the shoulder armors while handling it. opps.

I remember this. funny story, after we both lost out of our local Socal poker game, I decided to take pics of the TH. This was pure kitchen table lighting and a poster sized piece of black paper. I accidentally dropped one of the shoulder armors while handling it. opps.

WHAT!?!

bastid!

Didn't you actually break it?

Didn't you actually break it?

sort of. the missle door fell off its peg. see this is the suff behind the scenes you guys on MW dont get to see. not only do we play with our rare and beautiful toys, but we are clumsy with them haha.

Edited by Solscud007

• 2 weeks later...

It's so sweet to see the Thunder Hammer finally realized in 1/48 scale! I was working on one with Kurt and Devin a few years back but never got around to actually finalizing the build! I'm glad to see that someone actually pulled off this amazing custom!!!

Great job guys.... so how do I get one... :huh:

Faced with a layoff a couple of months ago and now with new job and influx of cash, I am too late for this. Damn it. I hope there is a 2nd run.

EDIT: Spelling

Surely for your collection you could take a whole second run all by your self :):lol:

Edited by big F

So what are those grenades on the side mounts, have you given them a name yet and damage capability? Be more potent than the GBP-1S grenades? The short range payload are larger than the GBP-1S ones right? Maybe they are medium ranged? high-maneuverability but of course. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can someone post a pic of the original Thunder Hammer. I need to see a side-by-side analysis! Based on what I can recall... you guys freakin nailed it! Someone needs to do a custom VF for this armor!

Thanks,

Gene

Can someone post a pic of the original Thunder Hammer. I need to see a side-by-side analysis! Based on what I can recall... you guys freakin nailed it! Someone needs to do a custom VF for this armor!

Thanks,

Gene

we did do a custom VF. did you not see the first page?

also to see the original pics go to MW main page. it is in the magazine section.

Here is the link. It was in Model Graphix Oct 2002

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...odelgraphix.htm

we did do a custom VF. did you not see the first page?

also to see the original pics go to MW main page. it is in the magazine section.

Here is the link. It was in Model Graphix Oct 2002

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...odelgraphix.htm

Damn that pic in Model Graphix get's me everytime. Okay so someone needs to mass produce this! Everyone should own a Thunder Hammer in their collection.

I didn't realize the valk in the 1st page was a custom; eyes are getting old. Looking closer at it... that thing is dope!

Amazing job guys! so where do you live?? :ph34r:

Damn that pic in Model Graphix get's me everytime. Okay so someone needs to mass produce this! Everyone should own a Thunder Hammer in their collection.

I didn't realize the valk in the 1st page was a custom; eyes are getting old. Looking closer at it... that thing is dope!

Amazing job guys! so where do you live?? :ph34r:

or you should cough up the money and jumped on the bandwagon like everyone else.

That hurt. I put al ot of hours into that custom valk. Those Gold visors don't just grow on trees:)

Seriously though it is a very subtle warm grey much warmer than the Low Viz I color, but matches the original custom done in japan in 1/72.

Thanks,

Gene

That hurt. I put al ot of hours into that custom valk. Those Gold visors don't just grow on trees:)

Seriously though it is a very subtle warm grey much warmer than the Low Viz I color, but matches the original custom done in japan in 1/72.

Hirohawa,

Don't be hurt bro! Your custom valk looks awesome and I would love to own a custom Thunder Hammer Set by you. I'm practically blind w/o my glasses now and the day I saw this post I was surfin blind. Had a chance to look at the first page today and your custom is a thing of beauty!!! Like I said you guys nailed this piece and it looks almost identical to the original 1/72 verision.

Great Job and I can't wait to get one :lol:

Hirohawa,

Don't be hurt bro! Your custom valk looks awesome and I would love to own a custom Thunder Hammer Set by you. I'm practically blind w/o my glasses now and the day I saw this post I was surfin blind. Had a chance to look at the first page today and your custom is a thing of beauty!!! Like I said you guys nailed this piece and it looks almost identical to the original 1/72 verision.

Great Job and I can't wait to get one :lol:

You should come out to this year's MacrossWorld Con in Long Beach where you can see the ThunderHammer in person!!! It's gonna be an awesome spectacle with everyone else bringing their unfinished TH's with custom yellow tape... hehe

If you buy enough THs, no need to worry, they've got your back. ^_^

Obviously you havent dealt with my future misses when she gets mad. Her threat is to sell every toy of mine... :blink:. LOL. She isnt bad as I made her out to be. I love her. She gets me my toys. She still ask me why I get so many of the same thing. For my b-day, she got me a Nora SV-51. B))

If I get a ton of THs, why do I need a 1/60 Tomahawk army? :ph34r:;)

I could always remove the visor... muh hoo hah hah... (evil laugh)

When I decal the rest of the Valk we should do another photo shoot.

We should really get pictures of the valk by itself and in different modes.

And I did think that those gold visors grew on trees. They're ok...

Obviously you havent dealt with my future misses when she gets mad. Her threat is to sell every toy of mine... :blink: . LOL. She isnt bad as I made her out to be. I love her. She gets me my toys. She still ask me why I get so many of the same thing. For my b-day, she got me a Nora SV-51. B))

If I get a ton of THs, why do I need a 1/60 Tomahawk army? :ph34r:;)

Heh.....you army/squardron builders.....ccccrrrrrrrraaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy :wacko: .......

I wanna see a pic of all your figures set out one day in some sort of battle formation. B))

:ph34r: