How long have you been collecting non-stop?

91WhiskeyM6

I'm not talking about buying one or two toys back in the 80's when you were a kid and then stop when girls were more important. I'm talking about non-stop from when you were a kid to now as an adult. Or just recently when the 80s nostalgia just hit ya and you've been collecting since. Make sense to all ya?.

Me? about a year. I got a couple of bootlegs in 1999 cuz' (I started missing Robotech for some reason), lost interest, and then I discovered this site some time around Nov of 2002??? I've been addicted since :rolleyes:

I don't see myself losing my addict.. errr.. interest anytime soon....*hik* :blink:

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

spawn back in 99 in a limited fashion. Hard core in 2001... amazing how many gaps in a collection you can fill with student loans :rolleyes:

macross since about september last year...

I started the non-stop thing back in 94, so I guess it's been 9 years now. Wow, I hadn't realized it's been that long.

I started on Star Trek then moved into Spawn, Star Wars, Transformers, X-Men, Batman and countless others. The thing that got me into Macross again was the Joon's I picked up in '95 or '96. Now I'm trying to stick soley to Macross.

Started in 1977 with Star Wars(gave away), then GiJoe(now sold) and transformers(now sold). 1988 I got my Imai variable. It all ended 1989.

Restarted in 1994 with the Star Wars action fleet (small ships), It ended in 1998.

Restarted in 2000 with the M+ "toycom" :lol: , and so far I've got pretty much everything Yamato has put out B)) . Also I got 12" Star Wars dolls, Trigun's Vash and Wolf(Kayodo) Some TF's(6)(including a complete Jetfire :D ), and some Gundam W(1/60 Perfect grade, FiX 006, etc...).

So far, I just want all the 1/48s, and most possibly the 1/72 YF-19. I just want to collect Macross, nothing else. I'll probably just sell everything else on Ebay.

If, I could only get a good deal on the DYRL VF-1S Hikaru 1/48, I would be the happiest man arround. :)

vic.

Edited by vlenhoff

For me it started in 1992! I started seeing old bandai 1/72 models pop up at this shop in Athens. I think I droped 75$ a piece on them. That started a mission of finding as many valks as I could. All I could get my hands on were the models and a Gakken Legioss. After awhile I got discouraged and said forget about it.

About two years ago I was at a friends house who has an amazing Star Wars collection. I rememember think "This guys a freak, He spends all his money on TOYs!". Needless to say a month later I found out about Yamato and the rest is history.

I've only really been collecting for a few years. I started collecting 1/6 action figs in, maybe, '97. But, I didn't really take it seriously, they were all opened, boxes thrown away, packed in big boxes, etc. I mostly used them for setting up outdoor dioramas.

'99 is when I discovered Gundam models. And that's when I really started getting a lot of anime stuff.

As a serious collector, keeping boxes, putting toys in display cases, etc, it's only been maybe a year, year and a half.

"Non-stop?" Maybe a year. I bought a VF-19A and a YF-21 on Ebay as a fluke maybe 2 years ago. I slowly got another ... then another ... and then more and more frequently ... and eventually found this site ...

After that, it wasn't long before Yamato had all of my money and now I'm surrounded by little plastic toys. (sigh) :(

If, I could only get a good deal on the DYRL VF-1S Hikaru 1/48, I would be the happiest man arround. :)

vic.

I'd advise you to check Toy-wave for that, now if only I didn't have problems spending more than $100 on a toy.

As for me, I haven't been collecting non-stop. I started with Macross in 2000, forgot about it until I was in Japan in 2001, and I've been getting stuff every so often since then. Of course, most of the stuff I get is from people that don't have a clue what they are selling, so I just turn around and sell it.

Macross Started with the Yamato 1/60 Hikaru VF-1A, I have bought every Yamato/Bandai item that I like/Can afford since then. :ph34r:

Transfromers started again with Car Robots/RID and the first Takara reissue Optimus Prime.

I've been collecting Mcfarlane figures non-stop since 94. :ph34r:

Edited by NSJ23