Check out this kick-ass Megs statue

91WhiskeyM6

Urmm

Warning:  stat failed for /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/modules/IndyNews/media/004356851561560ea30e00a4af033064..MegatronInProgress[1.mdsuf (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/modules/IndyNews/index.php on line 1248

Warning:  readfile("/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/modules/IndyNews/media/004356851561560ea30e00a4af033064..MegatronInProgress[1.mdsuf") - No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/modules/IndyNews/index.php on line 1249

I really hate being a harbinger of bad things, but really, I don't think it is possible to get an animation accurate megs who can transform. Too much magic went into his transformation in the show and comic.

I think everyone knows that, but it doesn't hurt to dream. :p

Takara should start with Megs in anime bot form, and then work from there and see what they can turn him into.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not perfectly accurate, but I'm sure they could do better today than they did back in the day! And I wouldn't mind if it was a funky scale gun mode so that it could match up in size w/ the Optimus Prime (and hopefully avoid the wacko anti-toy gun people).

Even though I loved Transformers as a kid, and nostalgia has convinced me to buy some of the reissues and the upcoming 20th Anniv. Prime, I find it harder to get back into Transformers in my adult years. Mainly because of the scale issues. I tried to watch TF: The Movie the other night and I broke out into hysterical laughter when Astrotrain transformed into a space shuttle and ALL of the Decepticons got inside. I was like "whoaaaa, how the hell did a robot that is smaller than Megatron transform into a space shuttle that is large enough for Devestator (fully combined mind you) and all of the other decepticons to fit in?" That just ruined it for me. I know, I know...it shouldn't matter, it's all about good fun, but for some reason it really just took me out of the mood. Also, ever notice that Megatron transformed into a pistol that Starscream or Soundwave could hold (they both did so a few times in the show), but Soundwave transformed into a walkman that was small enough for a human to use? Whaaa?!?!?!

Oh well, guess this was kind of off topic. Sorry.

Ok, I have to admit it was kinda stupid on the scale issues but I liked it. I am getting the reissues right now. I have the DVDs to the transformers but I will skip out on the Season 3. Everything including the movie and after, I thought sucked. They killed off the old transformers like Prowl Ironhide, OP and reincarnated Megatron, skywarp, insecticons, etc as the Galvatron and his guards. Bring in new people like R-CEE, Springer, Hotrod, Blurr. I was like WTF? I guess Hasbro wanted to bring in the new toyline but they needed a convienent way to get rid the majority of the "older models". But they didnt do that to GIJOE. Almost killed off Duke but didnt. Like Transformers, GIJOE's movie wasn't great except for the intro. Anything after sucked as well.

Oh don't get me wrong, I did like it. And I still like some of the toys, especially the upcoming 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime..that thing is schweet.

Regarding GI Joe: now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen the GI Joe movie....I might need to check that out. I was a huge GI Joe fan as a kid.

Oh yeah, back to the topic....umm...that statue's pretty cool, but the face doesn't quite look like the cartoon if you ask me :)

I can't stand the TF'er TV-show but I loved the comics and the toys. The new DW comics are also really good. Bout the size change thing, thats just one of many holes we must all live with ;) There was in a TFer profile guide an explanation once about the ability to change size but it made about as much sense as trecky technobabble ;)

whats with the battle damage craze lately??

LOL. Ya know, I was thinking the same thing earlier. I have no idea why suddenly anything G1 has to be battle damaged. This company also made an Optimus Prime statue that, while really nice, also has the battle damage thing going on.

Palisades Optimus Prime Statue

Edited by mister_e