Characters comeback in macross frontier

IAS

Vrlitwhai Kridanik = ブリタイ・クリダニク = Buritai Kuridaniku....

...Britai is as good as Buritai for me, :lol:

i agree with him. katakana is not always pronounced how it is spelled. i've watched macross in japanase and they called him bri-tai, not bu-ri-tai.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i agree with him. katakana is not always pronounced how it is spelled. i've watched macross in japanase and they called him bri-tai, not bu-ri-tai.

LoL they aren't saying Britai, they are saying Vrlitwhai. It SOUNDS like breetai which is why he was named that in Robotech. It's spelt Vrlitwhai and is pronounced "Vritai" which can sound like Britai.

LoL they aren't saying Britai, they are saying Vrlitwhai. It SOUNDS like breetai which is why he was named that in Robotech. It's spelt Vrlitwhai and is pronounced "Vritai" which can sound like Britai.

nihongo (japanese) don't even have a V in their language, this is a FACT. i guess next that you will try to tell the nihonjin (japanese) that R and L are supposed to be two separate sounds/pronunciations (example, they would pronounce "right" and "light" the exact same way).

nice, i love it when english speakers tell nihonjin how to speak nihongo. i'm goin' to mexico to learn how to speak english correctly... apparently i learned it wrong while in america...

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

I'll be honest and say that I probably wouldn't bring back anybody. Most of the old characters have their character arcs quite nicely closed so they are in a state that they can quite nicely rest as they are. Hikaru, Misa and Minmei all have their story told, and even Max and Milia's new character arc from Mac 7 seems to have had - in subtext at least - a resolution. I'd say leave the older characters to rest, and allow new characters the space to establish their turf.

Karl

I'll be honest and say that I probably wouldn't bring back anybody. Most of the old characters have their character arcs quite nicely closed so they are in a state that they can quite nicely rest as they are. Hikaru, Misa and Minmei all have their story told, and even Max and Milia's new character arc from Mac 7 seems to have had - in subtext at least - a resolution. I'd say leave the older characters to rest, and allow new characters the space to establish their turf.

Karl

i agree with karl. leave the old characters out of mf. i didn't like the fact that max and milia were in m7 'cause they made them get divorced. so i want no more sdf macross moments (like max and milia hookin' up) gettin' "fcuked up" and changed in some sequel.

I wouldnt expect to see a former main character to make an appearance. Perhaps an unimportant side character from a previous series. Yang Newman or Lucy from Mac+, Miho Miho or that other bridge operator from Mac7.

But the cola kid who peed his pants and the vending machine trying to sell to him are so recognisable.

I think it would be good if he had a son who was a cannon fodder pilot and that son died like kakizaki, so his motivation to train people comes from the past where he experiences the pain of the cannon fodders who are crap pilots. Then we get like a flashback episode of how his son went on a dangerous mission in a vf-11 fighting rogue zentradi which got him killed because he was recklessly showing off and trying to do fancy flying techniques that he wasn't ready for. The toy sales of the cannon fodder valks would go up for sympathy reasons because now they would have a sad backstory to them. (this would appeal to the 'realistic pilot' mecha-watcher who is turned off by all these child pilots in tv series with newtype-like abilities which doesn't show the danger of war. People would relate to the character better since he is only average in skills, forced to continue fighting under those limits.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My own pet theory is that the singer Sheryl Nome is related to Sara and Mao Nome from zero, Mao was 11 in 2008, so she'll be 62 in 2059, maybe she'll make an appearance

Mao showing up in Frontier is stretching credibility a bit, really.

Unless she was on Macross Island and caught up in the fold accident, she probably got toasted in the final battle of Space War 1.

Of course, they DO have jets that completely seperate into multiple parts during the transformation, so...

nihongo (japanese) don't even have a V in their language, this is a FACT. i guess next that you will try to tell the nihonjin (japanese) that R and L are supposed to be two separate sounds/pronunciations (example, they would pronounce "right" and "light" the exact same way).

nice, i love it when english speakers tell nihonjin how to speak nihongo. i'm goin' to mexico to learn how to speak english correctly... apparently i learned it wrong while in america...

Which is how Verthandi of Norse myhology became Belldandy in Oh My Goddess... B is used for V in Japanese.

That doesn't rule out the possibility of that silly spelling from the toy packaging being the official romanization, but I just go with how it's said. the other spelling is too unwieldy... and as I pointed out in another topic the Japanese usually don't care too much about the romanizations they're just their for flavour often. There are of course big exceptions.

How about some of the macross game characters for us hardcore fans. Maybe some one from VFX2 or M3. I wouldn't mind a character being the daughter or grand daughter of one of the original bridge bunnies (but didn't they all get killed). But I would want whatever guest character to be very minor.

I wouldn't mind hearing some Fire Bomber when one of the MF characters is in a music shop or seeing a vid of fire bomber on a screen in a bar. That might be cool.

Lets just hope that none of those rediculously painted Valkyries from Macross 7's amusement park celebration end up in it.

I wouldn't mind a character being the daughter or grand daughter of one of the original bridge bunnies (but didn't they all get killed).

That was a Robotech-ism. In real Macross, they all live.

I wouldn't mind hearing some Fire Bomber when one of the MF characters is in a music shop or seeing a vid of fire bomber on a screen in a bar. That might be cool.

BOMBA!

That's likely, actually. They injected Minmay and Sharon Apple, and even Mac2 for some reason, into Mac7.

Listen to my song!!

Gawd no! He annoys me to no end...

well perhaps for a 2 min cameo featuring him being firebombed by alien music bugs and tumbling out of control into the galactic core - hopefully on fire and with his vocal cords permanently severed. I can see it now:

Basara - "Listen to my song! "

Alien music bug - *emits strange alien music with cunning English lyrics which actually make some sense*

sigh...probably too much to hope for...

I vote for Hikaru and Misa's children!