Characters comeback in macross frontier

IAS

Prior to anything, hello everybody first post here.

Everybody has its own exeptations about MF and indeed the first episode was very promising. But there is a formula that never fails regarding sagas, and it is old characters reapearing as secondary charaters or with a particular objetive.

So basicly if you coud choose a charater from a previous series to appear again in the series who woud pick?

A woud like to add a special note for megaroad 01 crew: even if my desire is to see hikaru and misa in MF (truly my hopes...) that woud be a little nonsense because like everybody i assume there dead. Dont get me wrong i want to know what happen to the expedition but perhaps it coud become to off topic from MF goal. Anyhow if a character from that story were to appear i woud choose Hikaru and Misa daughter, as the expedition's lone survivor.

By the way next episode its released in March right?, and does anybody knows if from that point will it be brodcasted weekly?

The cola kid who peed his pants in SDF:M. A grown up one of him training pilots would be cool. They could have a flashback episode of how he first encountered a giant robot (hikaru's VF-1D) which almost crushed him and minmay. From that day he has wanted to teach young and reckless pilot how to control the robots properly so they don't crush other people accidentally like how he almost was on that one fateful day as a little kid. And that's why he became a trainer. The fear that bad pilots would end up killing people accidentally. (show him as being grumpy and strict and always wanting a cola from a vending machine) There would be a lot of humour in this as he almost dies trying to train people each episode(like the flower girl in macross 7 failing to get close to basara) but his advice would introduce certain things about the valkyrie that an audience might not be even aware of, so it would be like an introduction to valkyries for noob watchers of macross. (like the introduction of transformation in macross zero and how roy had to get the pilots thinking out of the box to make the most use out of the variable machines to prove his point)

There's your old guy. He would be like ivanov in skill, but cranky like the old mechanic in macross zero.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Welcome to MacrossWorld IAS

I'd prefer it if no older characters were brought back for Macross Frontier. IMO, appearances by old characters were one of the factors that made the two Macross productions in which they were featured just that much weaker.

The cola kid who peed his pants in SDF:M. A grown up one of him training pilots would be cool. They could have a flashback episode of how he first encountered a giant robot (hikaru's VF-1D) which almost crushed him and minmay. From that day he has wanted to teach young and reckless pilot how to control the robots properly so they don't crush other people accidentally like how he almost was on that one fateful day as a little kid. And that's why he became a trainer. The fear that bad pilots would end up killing people accidentally. (show him as being grumpy and strict and always wanting a cola from a vending machine) There would be a lot of humour in this as he almost dies trying to train people each episode(like the flower girl in macross 7 failing to get close to basara) but his advice would introduce certain things about the valkyrie that an audience might not be even aware of, so it would be like an introduction to valkyries for noob watchers of macross. (like the introduction of transformation in macross zero and how roy had to get the pilots thinking out of the box to make the most use out of the variable machines to prove his point)

There's your old guy. He would be like ivanov in skill, but cranky like the old mechanic in macross zero.

Save me from your heavy sarcasm... besides Ivanov was not thaat good. Anyway keep it coming.

I'd prefer it if no older characters were brought back for Macross Frontier. IMO, appearances by old characters were one of the factors that made the two Macross productions in which they were featured just that much weaker.

Thanks. Anyway do you really believe that Roy appearance (for example) in M0 made it weaker? Woud you have rather prefer seen a new character fitting that secondary roll?. At least i am not satisficed to see that one character only one time beacuse that guy for sure had other thing to "tell". Am not saying they shoud comeback always but i dont understand you either. Besides at the same time you provide some kid of "fan service".

Any way thanks again for you welcome.

Edited by IAS

Actually, I would say that their appearances were what made those two productions bearable-- but at the same time, showed how those two productions were but a shadow of SDF by how awkwardly the characters were portrayed in them. M7 isn't silly because Max wore a dress. Max wore a dress because M7 is silly.

Personally, if it were possible to actually have Roy appear in future shows I'd be very pleased. Of course frontier does seem to have a character that fits the bill without actually being Roy.

As for SDF characters showing up in other Macross series, I think that in Mac0's case it strengthens the story. It also gives you some background as to how Roy got to be such a bad ass.

I'd like to see Roy as well. Maybe have some sort of Sharon Apple-type construct that bears his likeness training and sparring against pilots. That'd be cool. However, I'd really like to see Isamu, see what happened to him after Plus. I'm a little disappointed he hasn't popped up. I figured he'd be a good candidate as Skull Leader, being a bit older, but still cocky. A perfect Roy type character.

I'd really like some older character to appear, though I'm not sure who.

I really liked how Macross 7 used Max & Milia to bridge the series to the original SDFM, and ditto with Macross Zero and Roy. I'm sure if anyone could fill that role for Macross Frontier though.

-Sergorn

Minmay should reappear. But as a macronised human floating in a ship asleep for 50 years like ripley from aliens. :D

Of course it was just the protoculture who had cloned her as a joke to the humans. They experimented on the real one, and need the clone to act as a spy for them on the human race. When the clone minmay wakes up, she has no memory of what happened. She is the real life 'minmay doll'. Sent to assasinate key people within the UNG who threaten the peaceful life of the surviving thought-to-be-extinct-but-hiding protoculture. Humans failed the test so they must be wiped out is the message of the survivors of the PC. Ranka and minmay clone must fight by seeing whose songs are more popular.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd like to see what's Breetai up to now

as for the Megaroad01 fate, maybe it crash landed on a primitive island of little people, they found out the crew were giants compared to them, developed overtechnology, and when a Macross fleets comes looking for the Megaroad01 they find this and try to capture the retrofitted little people vessel to find out what really happened to the crew, but the little people fight back and start a war

oh wait!... hehehe

"Breetai" isn't a Macross character. He's a Robotech character ;)

Good lord man, Britai! :p

breetai in english and britai in japanese has the EXACT same pronunciation. but the english speakin' person would mispronunciation britai so it is actually smart for hg to change the spellin'.

and i was thinkin', "wait, breetai was in macross" until i saw britai and i was like, "oOo yea, I equals EE in japanese".

back on toic, bring back the flower girl. this time she is stalkin' the soda vendin' machine from sdf macross... tryin to give the soda vendin' machine her bouquet of flowers.

fgirlcel.jpg

breetai in english and britai in japanese has the EXACT same pronunciation. but the english speakin' person would mispronunciation britai so it is actually smart for hg to change the spellin'.

and i was thinkin', "wait, breetai was in macross" until i saw britai and i was like, "oOo yea, I equals EE in japanese".

back on toic, bring back the flower girl. this time she is stalkin' the soda vendin' machine from sdf macross... tryin to give the soda vendin' machine her bouquet of flowers.

Umm, yea but he's not breetai or britai, it's Vrlitwhai Kridanik....