Yamato SV-51γ Nora type

UN Spacy

After placing an order (and paying instantly via paypal) through Hong Kong ebay user jchung on December 3rd, today, January 9th the item finally arrived.

This is one gorgeous bird! Very excited!

It was a long wait and I should have stayed with HLJ.

I changed lanes and got into a slower one! I felt like the opening scene of "office space" but now I have finally arrived at the destination of Nora and she is a beauty!

What a gorgeous design! The colors are perfect in my opinion and the way the gold is shining off my light is just right! Cant wait to pose her in my collection display!

Over and out....

After placing an order (and paying instantly via paypal) through Hong Kong ebay user jchung on December 3rd, today, January 9th the item finally arrived.

I changed lanes and got into a slower one! I felt like the opening scene of "office space" but now I have finally arrived at the destination of Nora and she is a beauty!

What a gorgeous design! The colors are perfect in my opinion and the way the gold is shining off my light is just right! Cant wait to pose her in my collection display!

Over and out....

I'm glad you finaly got that thing!

Over and out....

I ordered from the same seller and had a similar problem. big delay in shipping. Once I received a tracking number, it show delivered to the wrong address in FL.

I escalated to a paypal claim, and they delivered. The packing was crappy and it was late. I have to say that Nora was worth the wait . NO QC issues whatsoever.

So, now I will order from LOS for macross.

anyone notice that when HLJ sends two boxes via ems they only give one ems trackn number? Reason why i ask is that i ordered something through HLJ and it does indicate 2 boxes, but only gave me one trackn number. Is that normal? I got one box today and just a liil bit concerned since the bigger box has not arrived yet. Checked EMS and it says final delivery...just askn if anyone had any similar experiences. TIA

anyone notice that when HLJ sends two boxes via ems they only give one ems trackn number? Reason why i ask is that i ordered something through HLJ and it does indicate 2 boxes, but only gave me one trackn number. Is that normal? I got one box today and just a liil bit concerned since the bigger box has not arrived yet. Checked EMS and it says final delivery...just askn if anyone had any similar experiences. TIA

CRAP! That is scary. I have never had HLJ send more than one box at a time to me. Have you emailed them?

Miriya I just bought one from the same guy lol. Aside from the seemingly slow shipping, I assume by your post everything arrived ok?

It did surprisingly arrive in mint condition, even the box. I was shocked because it was not packed well and was just put into a home made looking box. I will never do business with that guy again! The frustration and anger alone made it terrible!

Nothing loose? I might just cave in an buy one after all rather than waiting for a second release ivanov.

I have only transformed into Gerwalk mode so far. I was going to transform her into Battroid tonight but I am locked out of my office due to a fallen tree and power outage. But I think that I either accidentally broke her right shoulder piece when I was detaching the arm from the fuselage or that it was like that already. no I was not drunk this time. Havent had time to look into it further yet. But other than that she is SOOOOOOO Tight! what a gorgeous design. This is a brilliant masterpiece of a collectible. I am really impressed!

I'm glad you finaly got that thing!

I am too. I was really scared that I had just thrown $200 to the HK mafia and would never see the nora. Even though it was a serious headache dealing with jchung, when I had that nora in my hands I did not hate him anymore!

Me too, I was wondering if it'd ever show up for you guys!

Awesome support group! Thanks.

Yeah, Christmas time makes people do crazy things. :p I mean, i was worrying but after a couple of e-mail sent i was hopeful HLJ.com would get mine in before Chrissy.

I thought that I was being clever canceling my order with HLJ and going with the ebay one. I thought, I will get mine before ruskiiVFaussie for sure, that sucker! But then I was almost in tears when I saw that you got yours and that David Hingtgen had his all wrapped up pretty in time for christmas and I was wondering if I just got totally ripped off!

I ordered from the same seller and had a similar problem. big delay in shipping. Once I received a tracking number, it show delivered to the wrong address in FL.

I escalated to a paypal claim, and they delivered. The packing was crappy and it was late. I have to say that Nora was worth the wait . NO QC issues whatsoever.

So, now I will order from LOS for macross.

Definitely, I will probably go with Lost and Found toys too. That jchung!

It did surprisingly arrive in mint condition, even the box. I was shocked because it was not packed well and was just put into a home made looking box. I will never do business with that guy again! The frustration and anger alone made it terrible!

ugh that doesnt bode well, I suppose as long as it arrives in as good a condition as yours I can live with it.

About the EMS and the tracking numbers...

Each box should have a seperate tracking number.

I've gotten multiples before and there were seperate tracking numbers for each box - so...I dunno...check with them.

It is possible the one number you got was the "Master Number" or something like that... anyways...check .

VFTF1

The last time I ordered with HLJ, they gave me the wrong tracking number. It is only a minor issue since they immediately send me the correct tracking number. Of all the orders I have made with them this is only the first time I experienced this minor inconvenience.

• 3 months later...

Here's my DD SV-51 missiles won't stay on "fix"

rare earth magnets from here: http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/detail-ID-121.html

P1010510.jpg

P1010511.jpg

I used a philips jewelers screw driver to tap the existing wing mounts and then the 3.0 mm flat to widen and make a spot for the magnet. If you're careful the magnet will sit flush to and there will be enough friction to keep the magnet in place, otherwise a drop of guerrilla glue will keep it in place.

For the missiles, I cut the center mount out with an x-acto and glued on the magnet with another bit of guerrilla glue. If you don't cut enough of the post off, the latches on either side won't catch and the missile will spin about.

edit: This wasn't totally necessary for me, since my missiles stayed on... more or less. But now I can fiddle with the wings without worrying about the missiles falling off. It actually makes me wish yamato would adopt this in general.

Edited by eugimon

Actually I don't know if Yamato should do this.

Wouldn't the weight of the magnets make the wings sag? They're already weighed down enough by the complex transformation, and then the rockets/bombs themselves - I would imagine these magnets would only increase sag-pressure.

Yamato clearly used and uses Magnets in their stuff when appropriate. The SVF-51 nosecone, and the Zero's fast packs to name a few.

But I don't know whether in the long run this magnet-in-the-wing won't sag it... and maybe that's why Yamato doesn't do stuff like that.

VFTF1

Actually I don't know if Yamato should do this.

Wouldn't the weight of the magnets make the wings sag? They're already weighed down enough by the complex transformation, and then the rockets/bombs themselves - I would imagine these magnets would only increase sag-pressure.

Yamato clearly used and uses Magnets in their stuff when appropriate. The SVF-51 nosecone, and the Zero's fast packs to name a few.

But I don't know whether in the long run this magnet-in-the-wing won't sag it... and maybe that's why Yamato doesn't do stuff like that.

VFTF1

I thought about that before I did it, there's no more noticable sag now then there was before. The magnets don't weigh that much.

I'm not going to be doing this on my other valks though. I don't know if the swing wings on the vf-1/0 are thick enough and frankly, they're not needed. The existing mounts hold the missiles just fine.

Edited by eugimon