macross comic in the works

deadghost

I cant take it any more(quoteing jerry stiller), argh (destroying macross collectibles) I DEADGHOST will start a comic to help sustain all this commotion I am typeing a script as I am screaming, kawai takes his sweet time I am takeing action

I am working on the script as we speak, there will be more work on plot and character dev than art (sigh)al fll you guys in as everything gets cook'd up pics and art will be posted very soon

hey deadghost, whatever happened to the YF-19 and YF-21 scale models that took 2 years to built??? was it you?

you know what, al give jason gares a e-mail, I am being very flexible on time withe him since he is doing it as a favor for me, but last time I heard he was done

OK GUYS HERE IT IS THE FIRST PAGE AND MORE ON THE WAY OF COURSE BUT THIS WILL GIVE YOU A TASTE. This is too help sustain the commotion and the fustration. Our main chaacter name is Jin. well enjoy more to come. -khaldune seirafi aka deadghost

What the hell does this have to do with a new Macross series? It's in English, so it can't be storyboards or pre-visualizations, and the "our hero wakes up in a strange hospital thinking of the girlfriend who died in the disaster that placed him there" smacks of fan-fiction.

the art reminds me of Ashley Wood's work on the Metal Gear Solid comic.

sweet you know where I got my insperation, ok I want to setup up the character intros and story intro (I hate random battle scenes with no sense of plot). In the next couple pages I will reveal some mecha and valk comnbat and the prized valk will be the vf-5000 and possibly the vf-19 or the vf-22(later on the comic) cant figure out wich one I like Or want. All I am going to say is that it gets better. -deadghost

Hmmmm..... I see some blatant theft of "A Scanner Darkly" material... Sketchley will be on you about this :p

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL oh man I was hoping no one would find out, but you caught me red handed, what can I say keanu reeves is my all time fav actor, in a way he is like guld and isamu put together just without the rage and anger.

Uh... oh... erm, I'm flattered.

As this is wildly off topic, I won't dwell beyond this friendly pointer: http://gurukitty.deviantart.com/art/comic-...layout-32954175

I really appreciate you not hating or flaming me me, instead you are helping me out, no wnder macross world members are the best. thank you so much.

The comic will get better I promise.

I really appreciate you not hating or flaming me me, instead you are helping me out, no wnder macross world members are the best. thank you so much.

The comic will get better I promise.

hay you got to give me props for trying at least I tried I dont know nothing about comics and photoshop but I actually made something +hay I cant handle the commotion I want to do something instead of waiting something so I decided to do something fun, time killing, something I can share :lol:

hay you got to give me props for trying at least I tried I dont know nothing about comics and photoshop but I actually made something +hay I cant handle the commotion I want to do something instead of waiting something so I decided to do something fun, time killing, something I can share :lol:

I think you asked for opinions when you had nothing to get excited about just yet. I don't care of you stole the pics or whatever... I knew it was scanner darkly and assumed everyone else did. But if you can pull off something macross-like with a decent story then more power to you... But as of now... it's bad... really really bad... It's derivative, unoriginal and totally not artistic. I was gonna wait and see but since you asked... it totally blows. I bet after a few more tries the rest of this is never gonna see the light of day...

I think you asked for opinions when you had nothing to get excited about just yet. I don't care of you stole the pics or whatever... I knew it was scanner darkly and assumed everyone else did. But if you can pull off something macross-like with a decent story then more power to you... But as of now... it's bad... really really bad... It's derivative, unoriginal and totally not artistic. I was gonna wait and see but since you asked... it totally blows. I bet after a few more tries the rest of this is never gonna see the light of day...

hay would you rather see my art because you really dont want to, luckly I talkd to a friend and were going to try to cook up something

Only leave the comics to trained professionals.

Everyone has a start somewhere. Even the professionals were once amatuers doodling stick figures.

The only problem I see at this point is bad layout. I do have issues about plagiarism, but as this is still in it's infancy, I perceive it as more of a learning opportunity.

Deadghost, I recommend that you think about how the director framed the shots. There's a lot of storytelling just from the framing. I suggest that you take those elements and make your own images (handdrawn, photographs of you and your friends, etc., but not other people's published work) to use.

I also strongly recommend (if you're not already doing so) to plot out the entire story. By this, I don't mean super detailed stuff, but just the direction of it, and what story point or two occurs per page.

Lastly, don't forget the KISS principle (Keep It Simple for the Stupid in the audience.) You don't have to spell out everything in the story, but on the same token, keep in mind that the readers are not mind readers, and don't have the same understanding of the story as the creators of a story have. Take George Lucas, for example, when he first did Star Wars IV, he had the basic idea of Star Wars I, II, and III in his notes. We, the audience, were never aware of those notes until a couple of decades after the movie was released. The same situation holds true for manga. I'm finding that I write 5 to 10 times what actually appears in the finished work. The finished work ends up being the main points and pretty much limited to the highlights, despite the creator having written that and all the mundane stuff (where is character A while event X is happening, etc..)

hay would you rather see my art because you really dont want to, luckly I talkd to a friend and were going to try to cook up something

No... I wouldnt rather see your art. I just dont see what commotion you're trying to stir... you wan't opinions based on one page of crap. It's like that time you posted about some models then never posted pics... I think this is an example ofthe old saying... put up or shut up. One page of goading people for GOOD comments and defending yourself from the bad. Wow... great thread. :rolleyes:

No... I wouldnt rather see your art. I just dont see what commotion you're trying to stir... you wan't opinions based on one page of crap. It's like that time you posted about some models then never posted pics... I think this is an example ofthe old saying... put up or shut up. One page of goading people for GOOD comments and defending yourself from the bad. Wow... great thread. :rolleyes:

hay buddy no need to get spiky all I am trying to do is make something so we can all enjoy until macross f comes out, this is something for fun, im just taking a whack at it, so what if my art or what I call art is crap the point is that I am trying, having fun and learning thats the purpose. And I thought why not share this with the good guys on macross world.

Everyone has a start somewhere. Even the professionals were once amatuers doodling stick figures.

The only problem I see at this point is bad layout. I do have issues about plagiarism, but as this is still in it's infancy, I perceive it as more of a learning opportunity.

Deadghost, I recommend that you think about how the director framed the shots. There's a lot of storytelling just from the framing. I suggest that you take those elements and make your own images (handdrawn, photographs of you and your friends, etc., but not other people's published work) to use.

I also strongly recommend (if you're not already doing so) to plot out the entire story. By this, I don't mean super detailed stuff, but just the direction of it, and what story point or two occurs per page.

Lastly, don't forget the KISS principle (Keep It Simple for the Stupid in the audience.) You don't have to spell out everything in the story, but on the same token, keep in mind that the readers are not mind readers, and don't have the same understanding of the story as the creators of a story have. Take George Lucas, for example, when he first did Star Wars IV, he had the basic idea of Star Wars I, II, and III in his notes. We, the audience, were never aware of those notes until a couple of decades after the movie was released. The same situation holds true for manga. I'm finding that I write 5 to 10 times what actually appears in the finished work. The finished work ends up being the main points and pretty much limited to the highlights, despite the creator having written that and all the mundane stuff (where is character A while event X is happening, etc..)

sketchley thank you for your vast wisdom I will take it in account, I am sorry that I used pics of scanner darkly and simply rendered through simple steps on photo shop, I just didnt want to show my OG art I was very unsatisfied with it and thought it was not up to your standards of anime fans. I will trash the rest of the comic start out fresh but will use the help and art provided from my friend (who is a mac+ fan) and I shall use my skills in writeing and story and character

development . thank you very much skethcley, I also love the fact that you guys are not as hard headed as the guys in the mazda 3 forums

Going by Japanese standards, art is actually secondary to story. Though, that is a bit of a misnomer, as layout, pacing and content of the shot are vital parts of the storytelling, but are considered to be part of the art by others.

Anyhow, right now, given the pack of vultures circling this thread, you have to deliver a hook - one that is strong enough to maintain interest until the meat of the story starts happening. Hopefully by then, the readers will be interested in the character(s) and will stick around to see what happens to them.

hay buddy no need to get spiky all I am trying to do is make something so we can all enjoy until macross f comes out, this is something for fun, im just taking a whack at it, so what if my art or what I call art is crap the point is that I am trying, having fun and learning thats the purpose. And I thought why not share this with the good guys on macross world.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say don't do it. I'm just saying make something worth it before asking for comments... I don't care if you take graphics from anywhere else... I realize its for fun. I happen to enjoy the Robocop vs. Terminator stuff on youtube for what it is. But the fact is, they did it and just posted it up without waiting for feedback. Just do it, make it fun and don't worry about anyone else... I'm only saying it sucks cuz you asked otherwise I would have been OK just clicking on the thread without commenting on it.

Seriously... less talk more pages already.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say don't do it. I'm just saying make something worth it before asking for comments... I don't care if you take graphics from anywhere else... I realize its for fun. I happen to enjoy the Robocop vs. Terminator stuff on youtube for what it is. But the fact is, they did it and just posted it up without waiting for feedback. Just do it, make it fun and don't worry about anyone else... I'm only saying it sucks cuz you asked otherwise I would have been OK just clicking on the thread without commenting on it.

Seriously... less talk more pages already.

excellent point my friend, of course this will require lots of time I hope you are wlling to wait, now if you will excuse me I must get out a sketch pad, all my downloaded torrents of macross, and some insperation (cough some herbal :p meds cough)

excellent point my friend, of course this will require lots of time I hope you are wlling to wait, now if you will excuse me I must get out a sketch pad, all my downloaded torrents of macross, and some insperation (cough some herbal :p meds cough)

We have to wait again? I thought you were going to make this comic to give us something to enjoy while we're waiting for Macross F?

And suddenly your posts make so much more sense...

LOL!

Edited by Dante74

Geez... give him a break, okay? You MW punks are all now, now, now, gimmie for free, and negative. So what if he jumped the gun. Go watch M7 for the nth time while we wait for this manga, and MF.

Geez... give him a break, okay? You MW punks are all now, now, now, gimmie for free, and negative. So what if he jumped the gun. Go watch M7 for the nth time while we wait for this manga, and MF.

yeah, imagine that... people actually want to see something after someone screams HEY LOOK AT THIS...

go figure... :rolleyes:

hey deadghost, why don't you just PM your comics to sketchley since he's willing to wait... while I lock this useless thread.